over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For all the guys that tore there bicep

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For anyone that has had bicep surgery, did your arm size every catch back up to your opposite arm? Mine is really lagging. I just started to do more bicep work to see if it will help. I get a little pain here and there, so I'm doing higher volume.

Mine returned. Bicep is a little shorter than the other but no one noticed but me.

After distal surgery it was 5 months roughly until I started weight training by 9 months I was pretty much 100%. It was a work injury so I was not working for roughly 6 months post op. I rehabbed 2-3 hours pretty much every day for 6 months and an hour a day until all atrophy was gone. The rehab was very grueling intense painful stuff and was super aggressive with the rehab but it got me back to where I wanted to be.

Tore both long heads. They said that the repair would only be for cosmetic reasons and if I lifted hard, it would only tear again.

Do you guys still lift heavy after the surgery?

I tore my left distal. Last appt is coming up. Mentally freaked out about lifting again

Had a right proximal tear. Wasn’t a full tear. Surgeon recommended no surgery. It’s still stronger than the other arm and other than a slightly better peak now it doesn’t look much different. There is still a slight divot when my arm is extended, but you probably wouldn’t notice if you didn’t know

I unfortunately ruptured my right bicep tendon so I’ve suffered with a ridge in my right bicep for years. The upper bicep has been back to size since about a year post op but the very noticeable ridge is still there.

I recently started injecting half of my Test dose into my arm to break up all the scar tissue from the rupture repair and the ridge is actally starting to fill in.

I unfortunately ruptured my right bicep tendon so I’ve suffered with a ridge in my right bicep for years. The upper bicep has been back to size since about a year post op but the very noticeable ridge is still there.

I recently started injecting half of my Test dose into my arm to break up all the scar tissue from the rupture repair and the ridge is actally starting to fill in.
Be careful with that. I’ve heard that it can increase the risk of a second tear

How long did it take for it to return?
I completely ruptured my distal tendon. Had surgery to reattach it and started rehabbing within days. After a few weeks of rehab we started bfr training at light weights. The bfr was painful but pretty much stopped any further atrophy. I had continued training legs and other stuff throughout the rehab. After 3 months I was back training biceps in the gym and the small amount of atrophy I had returned quickly. My surgeon also advised staying on hrt throughout the entire process. That with the bfr appeared to really help keep the atrophy to a minimum.

Yes, mine came back. Left distal completely torn. I was lucky enough to be around Metroflex at the time and Branch told me that if I left the stupid brace on like they said I would never recover. As such, I had the brace off in a couple days and was doing light bicep work in a few weeks. Mine barely atrophied at all.

Had an 80% distal tear in the left arm, 30% in my right arm, happened at the same time flipping a tractor tire. The way the left was torn, he didn't want to do surgery. Long story short, 1 year later my arm was back to normal. Now, 10 years later, no further issues. Never flipped a tire again though. My elbows were locked when the tears happened. I think years of tendonitis had done the damage from too much low bar squatting.

After my distal biceps repair I cannot fully rotate my wrist, so I cannot do chin ups anymore. Kinda sucks

Had a right proximal tear. Wasn’t a full tear. Surgeon recommended no surgery. It’s still stronger than the other arm and other than a slightly better peak now it doesn’t look much different. There is still a slight divot when my arm is extended, but you probably wouldn’t notice if you didn’t know
I have the exact tear in the right arm as well but haven't had it looked at so good to hear some feedback about what a surgeon suggests, no surgery. For cosmetic reasons have thought about looking into surgery but not sure it would be worth it.

FYI, it was from a Crossfit class, the idiot chick that owned the Crossfit thought it would be good idea to program rope climbs in first thing of the session and I was at the 530am class. Ultimately my responsibility for the bicep tear but it sickens me how many idiots with no real knowledge with fitness and exercise science are over seeing other people's fitness in Crossfit. Note: for anyone here in Crossfit and want to retort I've been in and out of Crossfit since the beginning (2006) and have witnessed the good and bad along with being at one of the epicenters around the country and know some of the top people including corporate Crossfit people and unfortunately at the local level as well which is where the majority of the idiot fitness fanatics are located spewing hand feed information while adding their distorted view of what healthy fitness is with no real understanding of what exercise science is. I've witnessed to many of these people from the bottom all the way to the top ruin what is potentially a good thing. Sorry for the vent

I tore my distal bicep tendon. Had it fixed. The Dr had me in cast to long where I was unable to stretch, so now that specific bicep is shorter than the other. It looks better, lol but now now not simetrical. So during posing I have to change it up to make it less noticable. Luckily in classic I'm able to do that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws