over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ASK ME THIS QUESTION

This article does not even talk about protein or fat so how can you conclude 'a calorie is a calorie' from this ?

It says a carb is a carb yes

This article is only referring to weight loss. There was no mention of body fat percentage. I mean, yeah, you could eat ONLY carbs and be in a caloric deficite, but it doesn't mean that it's the type of weight loss that a bodybuilder would be looking for. Most likely, all the weight lost would be muscle mass. And I agree with Magnum that the body reacts differently to different macronutrients. When it comes to WEIGHT LOSS, sure all that matters is that you are in a caloric deficite. But, when it comes to a decrease in body fat percentage, they TYPE of macronurtrients you're consuming is VERY important. As far as I can tell, this article doesn't pertain much to bodybuilders at all.....unless the ONLY goal is weightloss with no regard to WHAT KIND of weight is lost.

Now that I re read this I see I missed alot of it the first time. I'm going to look into this more tonight at work when it slows down.

Well I propose that we have 2 volunteers eat 3,000 caloris ED each

1. will eat only chocolate candy,ice cream, and potato chips.
2. the other only chicken, broccli, and apples

for 1 month and see what happens.

good article.. but, like stated above.. it is referring top carbs.. not proteins ect so a calorie is not a calorie.. but, inregards to carbs it might be..

Most if not all these types of studies and their findin gs are related to the average couch potato. They are not geared for serious atheletes or BBers. I agree Phil, a calorie is just that a calorie. It is a unit of heat. It should not matter where the calorie comes from. Now how the body deals with different calorie sources is another matter. Magnum is correct, we deal with different macr/micronutrients differently. It all come down to what your desired outcome is. If it is bulk weight loss then cut calories, if it is purely fat loss then some thinking must go into your choices of calories. When will science and medicine ever do studies with real BBers??? Or will they ever??? We are given so little credit to our endeavours and I see it more and more. Science and medicine finally catch on to what many of us have known for decades.

What I take from the article is that for weight loss it is the quantity consumed rather than the GI of carbs that matters. Personally, I think an implication of this is convenience while dieting. A lot of people when dieting tend to avoid convenient and tasty carbs like fruit and fruit juices because they are "simple carbs" and stick with more "complex carbs" like brown rice, which are more time consuming to prepare. I'd much rather eat an apple than spend 40 minutes cooking up a bunch of tasteless brown rice

so if a carb is a carb, then i can start pounding down the diet beers?

sweeeeet :D

THIS IS REFERRING TO CARBS ONLY........NO MORE, NO LESS. MY CLIENTS KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Then if youe sensitive to gaining fat from carbs it won't matter what kind you intake. Instead just stay away from them all together.

i think many of you are making this out to be more than it needs to to be...

many people were questioning phil on why he chooses fruit or fruit juice for carbs, arguing that it was too high glycemic and that brown rice or oatmeal would be better choices. so this explains why he does it. thats all.

aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Roux said:
i think many of you are making this out to be more than it needs to to be...

many people were questioning phil on why he chooses fruit or fruit juice for carbs, arguing that it was too high glycemic and that brown rice or oatmeal would be better choices. so this explains why he does it. thats all.

I CAN REST NOW!!! THANK YOU!!!! :)

Fruit has a lower GI and GL than brown rice, oats, ... so I dont get that point ? :D

Moen said:
Fruit has a lower GI and GL than brown rice, oats, ... so I dont get that point ? :D

not true, many fruits and juices are higher than oats and rice.

don't get too hung up on the GI thing. thats not the point. it was mostly just a new idea for many people hearing to use fruit and fruit juice as their carb source. think about it, when you look at most peoples diets on the boards when they post them, what do you see....egg whites and oatmeal in the morning, then chicken and brown rice, then a shake with oatmeal, then maybe a steak with a sweet potato, etc.

THANK YOU ROUX

Roux said:

don't get too hung up on the GI thing. thats not the point. it was mostly just a new idea for many people hearing to use fruit and fruit juice as their carb source. think about it, when you look at most peoples diets on the boards when they post them, what do you see....egg whites and oatmeal in the morning, then chicken and brown rice, then a shake with oatmeal, then maybe a steak with a sweet potato, etc.

I have always had myself and my clients on a "certain diet" because it is not only nutrient dense, it is also full of liquids. Just a much better fit for our needs. I like to kill 5 birds with one stone. :)

Roux said:

Most are lower :D

But let's end this here, I dont even eat carbs regularly so GI & GL can kiss my ass

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear