over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For anyone who has had a rotator cuff tear, I think I tore mine

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My left shoulder started hurting the beginning of October and has progressively gotten worse with training. I took 3 weeks off and then trained again and it got even worse. I've been trying to train through it but I just can't do it anymore. Horrible timing because I started a light blast a few days ago too so I just wasted some gear.

Has anyone here dealt with something like this and how long did it take to heal? Did you have to ice it or do physical therapy? Is resting it the best option? What did you do to heal it, etc.

The BPC157 I get is either fake or doesn't work for me ever. I just ordered some from Grinstone Labs to see if I get any more benefit with theirs.

Like I said in the other thread, time off is likely the best option. After this,rotator cuff strengthening exercises and light training. For me I'm still waiting for results to come in, if I need surgery or not.
It sucks and puts you back quite a bit but at the same time falling back to cruise doses or in my case lengthening my cruise is a good thing in a sense your body will be primed for growth when you start pushing it again.

What I didn't mention before is I had my right rotator cuff torn 10 years ago and stopped lifting because of it, and only picked up lifting again 6 years later. (I was in college)

Trained issue free until last month when I fell and dislocated my shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need an MRI with Contrast...so your doc can really see what's going on.
My MRI showed a SLAP lesion (fraying) along with some Arthritis, 2 floaters (cartilage floating around in there) and general wear and tear. Treatment was Cortisone and rest. If it'd been a SLAP tear, that's surgery.
I blew my opposite tricep tendon shortly thereafter (probably because of the imbalance) and now I'm getting the rest for the shoulder, like it or not!
Shoulders are a complicated joint...that's why the MRI with contrast is the best option.

Last edited:
You need an MRI with Contrast...so your doc can really see what's going on.
My MRI showed a SLAP lesion (fraying) along with some Arthritis and 2 floaters (cartilage floating around in there) and general wear and tear. Treatment was Cortisone and rest. If it'd been a SLAP tear, that's surgery.
I blew my opposite tricep tendon shortly thereafter (probably because of the imbalance) and now I'm getting the rest for the shoulder, like it or not!
Shoulders are a complicated joint...that's why the MRI with contrast is the best option.
I had the contrast MRI. shit burns like a motherfucker when they inject that stuff into your cuff

Yeah it's no pleasure cruise. The Cortisone injection into my shoulder capsule (all the way in!) didn't feel very nice either, but the next day that stuff works.

Last edited:
I got an mri on mine in November 60% torn supraspinatus. Im attempting to get surgery now from the VA. I continue to lift but dont go over 225 on anything and superset all my pressing movements with flies.

The only way to know is an MRI. I know my body and i knew something was wrong. I went to heavy post show too quickly and meh here we are.

My left shoulder started hurting the beginning of October and has progressively gotten worse with training. I took 3 weeks off and then trained again and it got even worse. I've been trying to train through it but I just can't do it anymore. Horrible timing because I started a light blast a few days ago too so I just wasted some gear.

Has anyone here dealt with something like this and how long did it take to heal? Did you have to ice it or do physical therapy? Is resting it the best option? What did you do to heal it, etc.

The BPC157 I get is either fake or doesn't work for me ever. I just ordered some from Grinstone Labs to see if I get any more benefit with theirs.

I would recommend therapy where they can evaluate you and show you what exercises you can do to strengthen the RC. If its weak or inflamed then the type of lifting we do at the gym is only going to continue to aggravate it. An MRI will tell you whats going on most likely but even if it shows a tear, depending on the severity, you may be able to go without surgery.

So an MRI is more likely to be given than an XRay? I'm very concerned about an Xray because I've had far too many CT scans/xrays these past two years for other reasons and am concerned with all the radiation.

Yes, an MRI is infinitely better in this case, but sometimes your insurance will require your doc to take an x-ray first (because it's cheaper)...there are steps. Ask him.

Last edited:
how'd it happen bro?

I guess 12 years of weight lifting. Just kind of slowly creeped up and nothing really triggered it. I am actually more at peace with that being the reason, as opposed to a freak accident. That would have pissed me off even more.

I would recommend therapy where they can evaluate you and show you what exercises you can do to strengthen the RC. If its weak or inflamed then the type of lifting we do at the gym is only going to continue to aggravate it. An MRI will tell you whats going on most likely but even if it shows a tear, depending on the severity, you may be able to go without surgery.

Yea I definitely fucked up by continuing to train, not thinking it was anything serious. To what extent, I do not know yet.

Were any of you able to continue lifting despite the tear? Like biceps, lower back, legs?

Last edited:
Damn brother... feel for ya... MRI with contrast is the way to go.... maybe its just an impingement being that you didn't have an "ah ha" moment??

good luck brother. I've been dealing with partial thickness tears in both shoulder. also slap tears in bot followed by bone spurs. i need surgery, but i did physical therapy and it has help greatly. get that mri done my friend and go from there. look up some band exercises on you tube and strengthen them for now. just know after surgery it could be better or it could be worse. like dude said its a complicated joint.

Damn brother... feel for ya... MRI with contrast is the way to go.... maybe its just an impingement being that you didn't have an "ah ha" moment??

According to images of where the rotator cuff is, along with the symptoms, I am pretty sure it's the rotator cuff. Everything I do makes it worse instead of better :(

good luck brother. I've been dealing with partial thickness tears in both shoulder. also slap tears in bot followed by bone spurs. i need surgery, but i did physical therapy and it has help greatly. get that mri done my friend and go from there. look up some band exercises on you tube and strengthen them for now. just know after surgery it could be better or it could be worse. like dude said its a complicated joint.

Ah sorry to hear about your issues dude. I've been trying the trick DC recommends with the broomstick for shoulders (also using the bands for the same movement) but I think I'm only hurting it more

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your rotator cuff tear bro. I tore mine many years ago but luckily didn't need surgery. It took a good 6 months for me to fully recover from mine. During that time, I had to stick with really light pressing movements. Ice packs and anti-inflammatory meds do help a bit.

I wouldn't do the dc broomstick thing, I actually wouldn't do anything exerting at all. I'm able to train legs and cardio. No squats tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friend of mine just had surgery on his shoulder and I'm pretty sure he said he only has to take a few months off lifting with it. He can already raise his arm after a couple weeks. Mine's been fucked up for a couple years I just make sure and keep my form good and don't do anything that hurts too bad. Will probably get it looked at someday. If I turn my arm the right way it pops loudly.

I am almost sure I had a little partial tear in my cuff, about 10 years ago, heavy blasting with close grips BP got me.
I tried a lot DMSO, ibuprofen bromelain adequan aflutop...ice heat massage.
Time was the only thing that worked. Spent 3 months training only the right side - one arm smith presses, one arm smith benches, one arm smith militarys and one arm b/neck presses, only rows for back legs 3 times a week front squats leg presses and safety bar squats, trained arms with one arm exercises.
Didn't lose any size. Stayed lean too, same cycle as I was on before test deca GH, nothing fancy.
Once he pain was under control lots of light tissue work and stretching.

To this day it still bothers me a tad bit but is acceptable to press heavy weights when I want, and I can't spend enough $$ on tissue work these days so it does help one you heal and get older.
To be honest I don't believe these magic peptides work as the guys pushing them say they do. The articles that are posted are from pharm grade compounds done with mammals in a controlled research study
I'd save my $$ for therapy and food. :)

I am almost sure I had a little partial tear in my cuff, about 10 years ago, heavy blasting with close grips BP got me.
I tried a lot DMSO, ibuprofen bromelain adequan aflutop...ice heat massage.
Time was the only thing that worked. Spent 3 months training only the right side - one arm smith presses, one arm smith benches, one arm smith militarys and one arm b/neck presses, only rows for back legs 3 times a week front squats leg presses and safety bar squats, trained arms with one arm exercises.
Didn't lose any size. Stayed lean too, same cycle as I was on before test deca GH, nothing fancy.
Once he pain was under control lots of light tissue work and stretching.

To this day it still bothers me a tad bit but is acceptable to press heavy weights when I want, and I can't spend enough $$ on tissue work these days so it does help one you heal and get older.
To be honest I don't believe these magic peptides work as the guys pushing them say they do. The articles that are posted are from pharm grade compounds done with mammals in a controlled research study
I'd save my $$ for therapy and food. :)

and working out and keeping active is the best thing you can do it speeds the metabolism, anabolism and healing.
I had an accident in a car once where the car rolled and my elbow went through the window. The docs told me I was lucky since there was a piece of glass inches from my ulnar nerve.
Arm swelled to about 30 inches, trained all isolation one arm movements for chest and shoulders - one arm pulldowns and rows for lats one arm curls and extensions for bi's and tris etc.and lost no size or muscularity - legs three times a week etc.
Arm did atrophy a bit because of the elbow I couldn't do any arm movements until the swelling went down and in the office micro local surgery to remove the glass.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner