over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For anyone who wants to get a wider back

I've only been doing bent rows and stiff legged deads.

but I'll be throwing pullups back in after a while... I took a nice long lay off from training.

Looks like you have pretty good upper middle thickness in the trap region. Greatly need lower lats and some upper back development. Iv never been a fan of BB rows....i think people go too heavy on them and they dont do the job properly. I like t-bars and pullups/assisted pullups much better.....stronger more controllable isolated contraction...

Looks like you have pretty good upper middle thickness in the trap region. Greatly need lower lats and some upper back development. Iv never been a fan of BB rows....i think people go too heavy on them and they dont do the job properly. I like t-bars and pullups/assisted pullups much better.....stronger more controllable isolated contraction...

naw.. I get a good contraction from bent rows. I quit the gym quite a while ago and now I just put a bench and barbell in my studio... back to the basics.

I haven't trained ate or slept much in a while but I'll whip myself back into shape fast. I'm not really looking for much more size... I'll take it but I plan to get lean (like my profile pic condition). and I'm pretty sure I have high somewhat high lats... longer torso.

but I'm in the art world now so I'm not looking to be mr huge. mr condition would be nice though... some days I don't much at all... just lots of coffee.

but I need to train... the urge is always there. so I will get back into my routine with a clean diet.

tissue!!!

No, the shirt didn't do it on it's own but the training program sure did. My back used to be one of my weakest body parts but now it's my strongest thanks to Dante and DC Training.

For anyone interested in jumping size by leaps and bounds I suggest DC Training and grabbing a DC shirt to let everyone know how you did it.

cant wait to see what uv built.... Dusty has the mindset and determination to not let anyone beat him on stage cuz they outworked him...this guy knows how to bust his ass. He and AWN2004 were some of the hardest workn blue collar BBers I met in AZ area.

goo

Iv never been a fan of BB rows....i think people go too heavy on them and they dont do the job properly. I like t-bars and pullups/assisted pullups much better.....stronger more controllable isolated contraction...
BB rows rule bro! every great mr. olympia with a thick dense back done BB rows bro. haney, dorian, ronnie they all did them. Ive done them since i started lifting, i never did deadlifts in the beginning but i have always done BB rows. actually ive only been deadlifting now for about 7 years.

Can you post a pic of this technique TPFU? I have several versions visualized in my head.. A video would be supreme...

HONESTLY? I dont have a number about about an hour of assisted pullups. I dont use a machine, i put my feet on a platform so i give myself only JUST enough to do each rep (takes some getting used to so you dont give yourself TOO much help). I use ALOT of variation though. I will pull my chest to the bar, my sternum to the bar, elbows in front, elbows back, hands wide, hands close, underhand.....i just go until my back is like FRIED. The great thing about using the feet on the platform is you can just help yourself more and more and make your sets PAINFUL and endless. Iv been on this for the last 4 weeks now doing JUST this and my back looks like it never has before and seems to be oddly leaner also. Never fail to be VERY sore the next few days after this.

In the past...TONS of T-bars with 25lb plates for more ROM, i like cable pullovers, hammer strength machines.

I dont believe there is a secret to training back. Just make sure you FEEL it and arent pointlessly moving heavy weight, because you could be using shoulders, delts, etc. to move the weight and your back doesnt get hit as hard. I dont believe in super heavy BB rows or crap like that, you HAVE to be able to feel it in the target muscle... Now i dont mean oh my back hurts, i mean pumped the fuck up SWOLLEN upper back and lats during the workout to where you feel like you are a mile wide and your back cramps when you contract it...THAT is feeling it...not lower back pains cuz you were jerking 405lb bb rows....

Can you post a pic of this technique TPFU? I have several versions visualized in my head.. A video would be supreme...

My back is sick sore, and my rotator is hurting from goin heavy on chest yesterday, or i would. Thank god i have a 4 day vacation coming up haha. OK.....real simple...picture this.....

Im going to assume the feet on a platform thing is easy (you know how your partner spots you from the feet when you do dips/pullups...same shit, just with a solid platform u can push off of instead of someone grabbing your feet...this way YOU can guage how much help you need, not your partner)

Hang straight down from a bar. Ok, now ready to pull....your elbows can either go BACKWARDS towards your sides (like the exact opposite range of motion of a lateral raise), or forward as if you were trying to touch them together (obviously you cant touch them with a shoulder width grip, but im giving an exaggerated example). Think of it as BACKWARDS as touching your elbows to the BACK of your rib cage or almost like your elbows to your lats, while FORWARD is like trying to touch your elbows to your serratus.

Bringing them BACKWARDS will feel much more contraction in the UPPER back and bring out more upper detail. On this i pull to the upper chest/collar bone. Bringing them forward will hit much more lower lats (actually is my FAVORITE lower lat exercise as they tend to almost cramp at the end of the set), as it feels almost like a pullup/pullover hybrid. This one i pull a little higher and try to bring the bar to my lower chest.

I like to incorporate BOTH, as they both hit different area's VERY effectively. I like to use the bench, as it allows me to almost do a 1rep max on every single rep and only give just enough to get that rep. So i give a little more assistance by pushing off a little bit harder each rep...until i hit maybe 12 reps then i stop and do another set in a minute.

Precontest i think i am going to stick with these variations, as well as cable pullovers, t-bars and hammer strength rows as the core of my back training. I love to STAND and do 2 arm hammer strength rows for thickness and to hit lower lats hard as well.

My back is by no means phenominal, it grows slowly....but eventually it will be a very strong point, i have no doubts.

Thanks a bunch!! I can now fully visualize what you are doing.. I have back today and im just gonna do your pullup variations until i can't move my lats anymore...

Thanks a bunch!! I can now fully visualize what you are doing.. I have back today and im just gonna do your pullup variations until i can't move my lats anymore...

Its almost like forced reps, but you are doing your own assisting and LOTS of them. Prepare for ALOT of pain the next few days...i can deadlift and BB row and Tbar all day...NOTHING makes me sore like this pullup workout and it makes me sick sore EVERY SINGLE time

TPFU.. I can't thank you enough... I can't believe i wasted so many years doing pullups and getting barely anything out of them... Until yesterday.. I swear my lats felt like they had about 100 bee stings on each lat! They felt so pumped and i felt like the biggest pussy cause i had to do so many assisted reps! I tried the force elbows out pull to top of chest/collar bone with a wide grip.. first.. I got 12 reps first set with 3 assisted.. 7 reps second set with 5 assisted and 5 reps third set with 5 assisted.. My lats never felt so pumped after one exercise.. Then i did force elbows in pull to lower chest with a close grip/palms facing each other.. These next 3 sets were basically all assisted reps cause my back was already fried.. I felt that nice squeeze at the bottom of my lower lats.. Today my back is very tender.. My back usually doesn't get sore till the second day after workout.. Tomorrow im gonna be in some pain.. Thank you TPFU.. I owe you..

Its almost like forced reps, but you are doing your own assisting and LOTS of them. Prepare for ALOT of pain the next few days...i can deadlift and BB row and Tbar all day...NOTHING makes me sore like this pullup workout and it makes me sick sore EVERY SINGLE time

Dusty--nice shirt--but what does the back look without the shirt on??

Always looking for tips to improve width--thanks

I'm not taking pictures before show time but here is a shot with a little less covered.

Attachments

• Dante1.JPG
    Dante1.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 545
Nice Dusty....:eek:

way to take your thread back Dusty!!
The tank and the DC shirt are awesome, red is for sure your color. I thank you for training DC style.....as you know it has done so much for me!!
I also want to thank you [atleast for now, I am may fire you after I step on stage :)] for taking me under your (LARGE) wing!

I'm not taking pictures before show time but here is a shot with a little less covered.
nice back bro, and your waist looks non existant :eek: ha my back is big but so is my butt and waist...LOL

Is that even a V taper anymore???.......what is bigger than a V?:D

look great dusty :cool: .. can you describe your last back workout?..

look great dusty :cool: .. can you describe your last back workout?..

Thanks Lats.

As I think a lot of people around here know I am trained by Dante and am a strict DC guy. My last back workout was one set of weighted pull ups done as a rest pause set. Then I did Deadlifts 1 set of 6-8 and another of 12-15 before doing my extreme stretch. For the stretch I just hang from a pull up bar with my arms and back totally relaxed just letting my weight plus the weight of the 150 lb DB that is strapped to me stretch the lats for as long as I can hold.

DC is the man but not everyone can train with the intensity that DC requires. I would def. go with him if I competed.

DC is the man but not everyone can train with the intensity that DC requires. I would def. go with him if I competed.

I agree with everything that you said here. DC isn't for everyone but if you do enjoy seeing how far you can push yourself day in and day out then DC is for you. For me DC changed my physique completely and I have Dante to thank for all of the improvements that I've made this year

Anyone does the racked pullup version? I do it in the Smith rack with my feet pivoted on a high bench and I put a 35 lb plate on my lap.. I use these to burn out at the end of my back workout too.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131