over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For bigbyrd or PB and others, ? on deads

Mr_Magoo

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Curious if any of you have done rack deads as well as reverse band deads and what u felt the difference was, how would u rate them and use them in a routine of urs?

They seem rather similar to me so any advice would be appreciated

to me rack pulls are kinda like board presses or lock outs for bench press, their only part of the movement depending on pin placement. Whereas reverse bands are a full movement with increased resistance toward the top of the lift. I have/do use both and like them on my max effort lower days. I have done both in a program with using one for 4 weeks and the other for 4 weeks also . It looked something like this Box squats to a 3 rep max. rack pulls to a 2 rep max, good mornings 4x5, reverse hyper extentions 4x10. J.R.

With rack deads you are usually in a better leverage position and can move more weight. They are a great way to let your body feel the heavier weight.

Reverse band deads on max effort day is a full range of motion deadlift so it's much different than from different pin heights in the rack.

Band deads from the floor force you to explode into the weight because it's gonna get heavier at the top. Not a reverse band but with the bands attached to the bottom of the power rack.

All have their place in training. Rack deads on max effort day. Band deads could be used on max effort day or dynamic squat day after your box squats. Rotate them in and out for variety and see if they help.

PB

Last edited:
to me rack pulls are kinda like board presses or lock outs for bench press, their only part of the movement depending on pin placement. Whereas reverse bands are a full movement with increased resistance toward the top of the lift. I have/do use both and like them on my max effort lower days. I have done both in a program with using one for 4 weeks and the other for 4 weeks also . It looked something like this Box squats to a 3 rep max. rack pulls to a 2 rep max, good mornings 4x5, reverse hyper extentions 4x10. J.R.

u say u have and have done both on the same day, so a workout was something like box squats followed by rack deads? if this is true, have u done this same plane with reverse band deads; box squats followed by reverse band?

I agree with what PB said. Out of the two REV BANDS are probably better as you are going through a full range of motion. An excercise that is probably better than both of these for generating lockout power is to place each end of the bar on a box, around 3-7 inches and then pull. This way you get the true flex of the bar unlike a rackpull. The rev band is a great tool, but keep the bands at a level where when you reach the lockout portion you have ALL of the weight in your hands, which for most is attaching the bands around five feet five to five eight.

u say u have and have done both on the same day, so a workout was something like box squats followed by rack deads? if this is true, have u done this same plane with reverse band deads; box squats followed by reverse band?

sorry its been so long for u, i have not been on this board in a long time. all the PL forums have been dead for the last few months so i wanted to stop in over here.

Many people pull and squat on the same day. the squat or box sq followed by some form of pull (racks, rev band, banded, SLDL) and some accessory hamstring work like leg curls, and rev hyper for low back.

its difficult to train both hard the same day for any length of time, so i use an alternate method of heavy sq/ lighter dl one week, the next is heavy dl/ lighter squat.

ex:
squat 80% 6sets x 2reps
SLDL 3x10
leg curls 2x15-20
rev hyper off the ghr 3x15

rack pulls 3x3-5
oly high bar or SSB squats 3x10
GHR
back ext on GHR

then heavy squat again

ill rotate the first exercises a little but thats about it. on squats i may do 80% 3x5, 60%5x5 no belt, take a 5 rep max. on pulls, 6 and 4 inch block pulls (like a rack but weights on blocks), rev band, standing on block, and reg pull

sorry its been so long for u, i have not been on this board in a long time. all the PL forums have been dead for the last few months so i wanted to stop in over here.

Many people pull and squat on the same day. the squat or box sq followed by some form of pull (racks, rev band, banded, SLDL) and some accessory hamstring work like leg curls, and rev hyper for low back.

its difficult to train both hard the same day for any length of time, so i use an alternate method of heavy sq/ lighter dl one week, the next is heavy dl/ lighter squat.

ex:
squat 80% 6sets x 2reps
SLDL 3x10
leg curls 2x15-20
rev hyper off the ghr 3x15

rack pulls 3x3-5
oly high bar or SSB squats 3x10
GHR
back ext on GHR

then heavy squat again

ill rotate the first exercises a little but thats about it. on squats i may do 80% 3x5, 60%5x5 no belt, take a 5 rep max. on pulls, 6 and 4 inch block pulls (like a rack but weights on blocks), rev band, standing on block, and reg pull

I know it's been years since you posted but I noticed your Last Activity: 12-05-2011 08:58 PM and was wondering what PL forums you're on so I can find more of your posts so you don't have to hear the same questions over and over. My buddy and I are built like you and we're trying to train like you, so yeah you get credit for being our current role model. I'm a mod on musclediscussion.com under Vick and on ironlifter with the same name.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131