over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

for bruno85 and betito

Your looking insane bro!!! I'm going to try the seat high on that HS chest press next time I do it. And your right about that dip machine pushing you up once you use heavy weight. I do it facing the other direction and just use the seat belt to keep me down, or I'll put a 45lb plate on the seat and belt myself in

Shelby,

What do you attribute this new growth to compared to in the past? I may not have followed along too closely the last few years but it appears you are surpassing your best with ease these last few months and staying quite lean doing so.

Limiting your range of motion on chest presses like that must burn like hell. I have done reverse grip tricep dips before, I lked them, I felt they also hit pecs a lot, be carefull with your shoulders because they can throw away your efforts in chest presses to not allow elbows to go past your torso, I´m courios about how you do the chest stretch, i assume the "don´t let elbows past torso" rule only aplies when you have your elbows flared out. Your back shot reminds me of Dexter Jacksn (no kidding). Thanks for this post Shelby, great vids.

Last edited:
Shelby,

What do you attribute this new growth to compared to in the past? I may not have followed along too closely the last few years but it appears you are surpassing your best with ease these last few months and staying quite lean doing so.

Probably a combination of things:
- I dieted pretty much all last year, so my body is primed to grow and stay lean
- I'm eating a lot more fat and protein than I usually do, to the point where it's uncomfortable
- I'm training a bit less than I usually do, but with higher intensity
- I'm sleeping more. Usually 8 hours at night and 2 to 3 naps during the day.

Limiting your range of motion on chest presses like that must burn like hell. I have done reverse grip tricep dips before, I lked them, I felt they also hit pecs a lot, be carefull with your shoulders because they can throw away your efforts in chest presses to not allow elbows to go past your torso, I´m courios about how you do the chest stretch, i assume the "don´t let elbows past torso" rule only aplies when you have your elbows flared out. Your back shot reminds me of Dexter Jacksn (no kidding). Thanks for this post Shelby, great vids.

For the chest stretch I do a db flye but hold my elbows at about a 45 degree angle from my body, and don't fully "open up" into the flye position (it's still a good stretch, I arch my back and push my sternum towards the ceiling).
I have to be careful with it as I have a pec rupture from a couple years ago.

Thanks guys.

Looks like the same type of dogs BigDaveSmith has over at IM Shelby - I love the ears, I think my teacup Pomeranian would have a fun time with them haha.

Looks like the same type of dogs BigDaveSmith has over at IM Shelby - I love the ears, I think my teacup Pomeranian would have a fun time with them haha.

Similar for sure. His is a French bulldog and mine are Boston Terriers. My bigger one is a Boston Terrier / English Bulldog mix though.

Shelby 198 peeled Nationals 2010. Be ready.

Surely you wouldnt have more than 35lb to drop?

Last edited:
For the chest stretch I do a db flye but hold my elbows at about a 45 degree angle from my body, and don't fully "open up" into the flye position (it's still a good stretch, I arch my back and push my sternum towards the ceiling).
I have to be careful with it as I have a pec rupture from a couple years ago.

I do it similar to what you do, There is an arm position with elbows the way you said and hands close to the body where the only thing I feel is a stretch across my chest so I can just relax and hold it, if I open more the grip my shoulders and specialy biceps get so much tension that they fail a lot sooner and I also have to worry about stablization so I think you do it perfect.

Shelby 198 peeled Nationals 2010. Be ready.

Surely you wouldnt have more than 35lb to drop?

Jr Nationals, not Nationals. I'm not sure what I'll weigh... probably mid to upper 190s.

I do it similar to what you do, There is an arm position with elbows the way you said and hands close to the body where the only thing I feel is a stretch across my chest so I can just relax and hold it, if I open more the grip my shoulders and specialy biceps get so much tension that they fail a lot sooner and I also have to worry about stablization so I think you do it perfect.

Yes, exactly.

sorry if i missed it, but shelby do you feel the pre-strech in your pecs on those hammer flat presses?

sorry if i missed it, but shelby do you feel the pre-strech in your pecs on those hammer flat presses?

I'm not sure what you mean. I have my partner help me lift it out of the bottom on the start of all sets, and I don't go into a deep stretch on any of the reps.

Hey Shelby do you do any chest exercises without machines? I ask because I have found that machines seem to be best with my shoulder too, but I am in a gym that only has 1 chest machine so I can't really do them as much.

Hey Shelby do you do any chest exercises without machines? I ask because I have found that machines seem to be best with my shoulder too, but I am in a gym that only has 1 chest machine so I can't really do them as much.

All machines. With my shoulder and chest issues it's much easier and safer to push to failure (and beyond) on a machine.

Fortunately we have about 10 different chest machines at my gym.

Attachments

• phg.jpg
    phg.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 169
Shelby, I really enjoy watching the videos you post. Like to see the intensity you put out and the heart you have for this sport. Great work!

Shelby

Thanks for the vids, really nice to see different variations of an exercise done. Question, you seem taping a lot of vids lately and was wondering if you could possible tape that Chest stretch or any stretches you do that may have a slight "twist" to it.

You guys mention feeling the chest stretch all throughout the chest and honeslty I only feel it in the corners of my chest. I keep dbs close to body as well.

Thanks again for sharing!!

Hey Shelby, whats your protocol for your core? Do you do abs a lil everyday, just a couple times a week, or like a devoted day for it?

Thanks for the vids, really nice to see different variations of an exercise done. Question, you seem taping a lot of vids lately and was wondering if you could possible tape that Chest stretch or any stretches you do that may have a slight "twist" to it.

You guys mention feeling the chest stretch all throughout the chest and honeslty I only feel it in the corners of my chest. I keep dbs close to body as well.

Thanks again for sharing!!

I'll try to get some stretch videos this week.

Hey Shelby, whats your protocol for your core? Do you do abs a lil everyday, just a couple times a week, or like a devoted day for it?

I don't train abs directly at all.

I can't wait for the stretch vids from you, Shelby! I would say it will set a lot of records straight on how to properly do the extreme stretches.

love watching your videos bro. i strive to have the best form possible but there is really no competition in my gym, since everyones form is fast and is crap. so i get to look at your videos and see your form, then when i got to the gym to do my DC training i try and beat you.:)

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws