over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

for bruno85 and betito

So do you pretty much leave it to cardio?

Right - definition comes from diet, cardio and supplementation.

I don't train abs directly because they get plenty of stimulation from other exercises.

Right - definition comes from diet, cardio and supplementation.

I don't train abs directly because they get plenty of stimulation from other exercises.

Shelby,

I notice that even with all my other exercises (Squat, deadlift, row, etc) - that if i stop training my abs for a bit I notice my lower back start to get a little bit of a pain.. Almost like my core was weakened a bit.

Once i throw the ab training back in, my lower back pain goes away completely.

I take it you've never had that problem?

Fade

Shelby,

I notice that even with all my other exercises (Squat, deadlift, row, etc) - that if i stop training my abs for a bit I notice my lower back start to get a little bit of a pain.. Almost like my core was weakened a bit.

Once i throw the ab training back in, my lower back pain goes away completely.

I take it you've never had that problem?

Fade

No, my lower back gets sore but fortunately I've never had any lower back "issues".
I think my erectors are a genetic strong point.

Shelby,
I tried the high seat on the flat HS. It felt better than where I usually have the seat TBH (the handle position felt kinda like a HS decline - less pressure on shoulders - which is why I never did A LOT of flat HS). But I went over to the incline and decline HS (for just one feelish set) and I didn't like the high seat on those as much as my usual.

Do you just do the high seat on the flat HS?

Thanks Shelby!
Dave

Shelby,
I tried the high seat on the flat HS. It felt better than where I usually have the seat TBH (the handle position felt kinda like a HS decline - less pressure on shoulders - which is why I never did A LOT of flat HS). But I went over to the incline and decline HS (for just one feelish set) and I didn't like the high seat on those as much as my usual.

Thanks Shelby!
Dave

bump

Shelby,

Thanks Shelby!
Dave

I use the highest seat setting on all the bench machines I use. The flat is the only HS one I'm using now though - the others are Cybex and Life Fitness.

Here are some pics from today. I think I'm going to keep my weight and body fat around here for the rest of the offseason.

Attachments

• 1-27-09 231.4 008.JPG
    1-27-09 231.4 008.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 1-27-09 231.4 007.JPG
    1-27-09 231.4 007.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 268
That ab shot looks awesome shelby (especially for the off season)! How long before you start "slicing and dicing"? Can't wait to see what your contest condition looks like, your off to a great start bud!

That ab shot looks awesome shelby (especially for the off season)! How long before you start "slicing and dicing"? Can't wait to see what your contest condition looks like, your off to a great start bud!

Thanks. I start dieting in another 4 1/2 weeks.

Cool vids I always look forward to seeing them. You should disable the comments on your Youtube account because of the ASS HOLES that don't know what the fuck there talking about. Again great vids Shelby!

Damn That is INSANE shape for offseason Shelby!

I have shoulder issues that prevent me from doing standard shoulder presses w/ a pronated / palms forward grip.
I did lateral variations solely for the last year or so and made good gains but recently I've discovered that I can do an overhead press if I use a neutral / palms facing inward grip (like some machines have) so I've been using those in my rotation too.

Same here, I´m rediscovering overhead presses after finding I can do them neutral grip... to be honest nearly everything feels better neutral grip, my shoulders hate to rotate :(

I still think your mind is your best asset Shelby. Keep trucking!

Question:

What do you think about the nautilus style pull over machine? I have been using it lately as a warm up but am liking it...

I still think your mind is your best asset Shelby. Keep trucking!

Question:

What do you think about the nautilus style pull over machine? I have been using it lately as a warm up but am liking it...

We have an old Nautilus "Super Pullover" at one of my gyms and it's great. I really like the stretch you get on pullover machines.

"Comments"

You may want to "Disable Comments" on the video's, there are some real schmoes who don't know much making some very stupid comments. Annoying.

"Comments..."

You may want to disable the "comments" section on the video's... there are some real schmoe's with some very stupid comments that just don't know what you are doing or what they are talking about. Annoying.

Shelby how do you think your offseason diet and training changes are this season as compared to last one?

..You sure look a ton better this time around to me..have any of these new findings changed your opinions or gave you different or new ideas in how you carb cycle in off-season?

RONJON

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar