over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

? for Fathead and DC

gnpower

Registered
Fathead, I see in your sample diet multiple eggs (whole- I presume) and the occasional fast food burgers. And I have seen a sample diet of doggcrapps with 5 whole eggs every morning and a couple fast food burgers every day. My question is does this really screw up cholesterol levels? I know that gear throws off the good and bad levels for the worse, and anti-e's only make it worse. Now don't get me wrong I believe both diets will definitley provide the intended results. And I know you both seem to care about your health, so I was wondering your take on this. And DC I see you have alot of olive or flax thrown in so does this counter the bad cholesterol in the foods? Any other smart bros feel free to chime in on this. Thanks in advance.

i read somewhere the other day, that now the FDA, or whoever, is saying that eggs even though high in cholosterol arent actually as bad for you as first thought. also, yes good polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, will help the HDL levels rise i believe, which will help lower your LDL's. again im not an expert, but im pretty sure this is correct. when i went over a year ago, my HDLs were good, but i also had high LDL's.. too many shakes from mcdonalds and fast food i guess.haha, not anymore though...

Later,

GJ

I dont know if Im a smart bro :D
But from all Ive heard, somehow studies show the Atkins-type diet (lots of saturated fats) does not raise 'bad' blood fat levels (LDL, chlosterol, lower HDL).

ya know, i am curious about this as well, because i'll admit it...i eat a nice chunk of fast food when i'm out.... =*(. but i'm not "too fat" plus the last time i went and had a blood test, my cholesterol levels were in the "perfect" range. :D my former Dr. actually gave me a compliment on that... and to be honest, i was shocked that how good it was hehe.

JW

I always say eat whatever if you are in a bind for quick food-as long as there is a dead animal in it! :D

Let me ask my wife

Quick answer is eggs and red meat ain't as bad as nutritionist would have you believe. Flax seed, olive oil and fish oils really go a long way in preventing the bad cholesterols.

Depends...

How diet affects your bLood lipid levels (TG's, Lipoproteins and cholesterol) is very variable among individuals - your genetics will determine how your blood lipids vary with fat intake. Look at your family history - is there heart disease and hyperlipidemia?... How are your blood lipids?...

There are people who can follow pritikin diets and still be hyperlipidemic. There are others who could probably eat buckets of lard all day and still have blood lipids w/in "normal" levels.

Couple ideas for ya:

Blood lipids track VERY strongly w/ body fat levels (although gear can alter this). A few years ago, I was on a ketogenic diet, BF% around 6 or 7% and had my blood work done. My total cholesterol was like 120 - the lowest value my 60yr old physician had ever seen. I was eating almost nothing but hamburger and cheese (lots of saturated fats) at the time (with occasional egg n cheese omelets).

Your liver makes about 90% of your cholesterol (talking speficially about cholesterol here). Only about 10% of blood cholesterol (on average - varies w/ time of sampling after meals) is from your food. This is one reason why eating food high in cholesterol (e.g., eggs or even shrimp) is not as bad as it might seem...

Bottom line - monitor yourself...

-Randy

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear