over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For Guitar Fans, Bucket Head

Ive got that album in my car now, great metal band! One of my friends just went to see Jake not long ago and said he hasn't lost his touch.

That's just a great CD. Ive owned it many time and had to re buy it because it either got broken or someone borrowed it and didn't give it back.
Im glad to see that Jake is back and playing great! He was off the scene for a while.

I saw the thread title and decided to check this out. When I read that you were introduced by a friend 7 years ago I did a double take! A person I met 7 years ago who was visiting my house with a mutual friend. We get into a topic involving guitars and play etc, so I gave him my old electric guitar to try out. He flips the empty bucket of KFC onto his head and starts playing what I now know by Jordan. It was sick, then he asks me if I knew who buckethead was. He saw the clueless look on my face and proceeded to educate me! Buckethead has been a staple on my gym playlist and I actually save his songs for only the heaviest sets! :headbang:

Buckethead FTW!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-NjZp7Aurg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-NjZp7Aurg[/ame]

where did he come up with the buckethead thing? Guess that the top hat was already taken by Slash?

going to have to say that Joe Satriani is the best

Quite a few good guitarists on in this thread. Funny thing is that most people don't even know who they are. I like every single one of the videos you guys linked here. To me this is better than the Official Ass thread!

Lately Ive been in to the old metal I listened to back in high school. Back in May I went to see Judas Priest again, they are still great! It was funny when they played "Breaking the Law" when the City Prison was just across the street! I think those inmates get to hear some good concerts.

Quite a few good guitarists on in this thread. Funny thing is that most people don't even know who they are. I like every single one of the videos you guys linked here. To me this is better than the Official Ass thread!

Lately Ive been in to the old metal I listened to back in high school. Back in May I went to see Judas Priest again, they are still great! It was funny when they played "Breaking the Law" when the City Prison was just across the street! I think those inmates get to hear some good concerts.

That's my era too. I grew up in the 80s. Priest, Maiden, Saxon, DIO--I can go on and on. Love all that stuff.
Started training at 17, been playing guitar since in was 14. Still love both!

That's my era too. I grew up in the 80s. Priest, Maiden, Saxon, DIO--I can go on and on. Love all that stuff.
Started training at 17, been playing guitar since in was 14. Still love both!

That Priest concert I saw back in May had Saxon opening for them. It was a great concert. I really like Priest's new album too. Priest has not really changed their music, they have stayed true to the old metal IMO. Rob's voice isn't quite what it was when he was younger, but for someone nearly 65 yrs old its damn amazing. Glenn Tipton was awesome on guitar too.

Glenn Tipton

Giving us a look at his favorite guitars. Playing some Priest solos.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItzqbGYfq0"]JudasPriest guitarist Glen Tipton Axes and solos Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

That Priest concert I saw back in May had Saxon opening for them. It was a great concert. I really like Priest's new album too. Priest has not really changed their music, they have stayed true to the old metal IMO. Rob's voice isn't quite what it was when he was younger, but for someone nearly 65 yrs old its damn amazing. Glenn Tipton was awesome on guitar too.

Sometimes its hard to believe that some of these guys are wee into their 60s and still killing it on stage.
Tipton is so underrated. His soloing has gotten progressively better over the years (early 80s compared to late 90s and present). Not to mention he and KK were arguably the best duo for that dueling guitar solo.

One of my favorite guitarists here, Yngwie Malmsteen! Both recording below are well done.

Love this stuff!

and playing with an orchestra.

Soothsayer is really good. Watch it on youtube. You wont be disappointed!

saw bucket head in 2011 with gnr, awesome, those fuckers played for 3 hours

Great thread. BH, John Petrucci and Alex Lifeson are my fav guitarists - I’d prob give the edge to Petricci since he’s both incredibly technical and plays with so much emotion and feel. Check out his new album terminal velocity - Mike portnoy is on drums

And I’m currently learning how to switch from an A to a G chord to an E without sounding like a screaming cat. Barely two months in. Definitely an art form.

saw bucket head in 2011 with gnr, awesome, those fuckers played for 3 hours
Bucket Head sure has good endurance. Every show I've seen, with exception of one, he has played for nearly 3 hours. The one time he played for maybe 2 hours at most, because he was simply heart broken over the death of Michael Jackson. That is my guess. It was the very next day after Michael's death and Bucket Head was a huge fan. He had a band play before the concert that did a Michael Jackson tribute and he was a bit late to show up to play.

That's just a great CD. Ive owned it many time and had to re buy it because it either got broken or someone borrowed it and didn't give it back.
Im glad to see that Jake is back and playing great! He was off the scene for a while.

You still have a cd player? i thought those went extinct awhile3l back.

From a technical standpoint he is one hell of a guitar player, but the music itself is just not my cup of tea.

Yall may be good at guitar but i am the master at Guitar Hero and Rock Band. ;)

Ive seen him live 3 times. Absolutely worth going to see despite your taste in music. But if you are a fan of guitar theres no reason to miss it him.

About 7 years ago one of my best friends introduced me to the music of Buckethead. I have seen him 2x now in concert and he is great IMO. I found this nice clip on youtube. If you haven't heard him give him a listen and see what you think. I think he is one of the best today. His entire show is just him up there jamming. One show lasted almost 2 1/2 hrs of straight playing. He doesn't take many breaks.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]AVCOKbYKQm8[/MEDIA]"]Buckethead - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass full performance 1080P/60 [1/2] - YouTube[/ame]
Love Buckethead, not only does he play like no-one else but he trades toys with the audience lol!!

your brother in CHrist,

Lucky

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear