over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For Health Eat like your Mooma feed You

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For Health Eat like your Mom/Grandma feed You

Not talking about getting shredded for a contest, but when I look back the best athletic shape and healthiest I felt with energy was with 3 home cooked balanced meals a day by momma and grandma with snacks in between.

Even my grandfather 83 still eats like this and is 5 10' lean 170 and very active.

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs, sausage and a piece of whole wheat toast or oatmeal with little fruit banana or some blueberries in oatmeal and glass milk.

Snack: some raisins with peanuts/walnuts or piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter or a yogurt. Glass water

Lunch: Turkey sandwich with an apple maybe little milk and glass water Or often left overs from dinner some chicken potatoes and green beans or some other meat. Glass of milk and water or natural ice tea with lemon and maybe just little sugar.

Snack Choices: Where often a combo Some beef jerky, cottage cheese, yogurt apple slices with peanut butter etc. vegetable sticks with some cheese. Glass water natural ice tea with lemon and maybe just little sugar.

Dinner: Was a meat , starch- potato or rice and a vegetable usually green.

Snacks: same as above , but at night some popcorn if we were lucky we get little salt and little butter.

On weekend was treat we get pancakes or french toast instead of oatmeal or toast for breakfast and on Friday night maybe get pizza once in a while, 2 x month, but your were limited only 3 pieces and you get a 1 can of soda no 2 liters for refills.

Grandpa would have glass of wine ever night.

All vegetables were natural picked form the garden and canned also to have some for the winter winter.

Of course in fall you get piece home made apple pie instead of popcorn on Fri or Sat night and those holiday meals were little different, but for most part the above was how I was raised. Was just what what other thoughts were about the above or their experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep this is what I been doing.

It gets even better when you're living in the same town as your mama and she can cook you comfort dinners :)

nothing like doing a brutal leg workout then goin to her house for a pork chop dinner :D

I've always been amazed how long some of the women in my family have lived cooking country style home cooked meals every day. Eggs, grits, biscuits & gravy, bacon, you name it. No organic stuff, no fat free/reduced fat anything. Whole mayo on sandwiches, whole milk, lol. After being in this game for so long I could never think of such a diet but as far back as my family goes the women in my fam have lived to be 90+ while the men die far younger! I'm staying away from granny's home cooked meals! She almost made me chubby when I was a kid, I can't imagine what would happen to me now that I'm older.

For health I'd eat more like Phil and Mountaindog advocate. That mama diet is too high in processed carbs(flour, sugar) and saturated fats. Your theory fails to take into account an important fact. When you're young and growing you can eat anything and not get fat. Metabolism is much slower now.

we dont all have these luxuries

Those were the good ol' days, but now...I respond 100% better by using proper food combining. Talk about relieving stress from the system. Buffet-style eating never did it for me. It sure tasted good though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131