over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For John Meadows - some squats from today

Tough way to do it for sure since you are only doing the bottom portion of the squat which is the most difficult. I used to do those too, and also practice doing sets where I would pause at the very bottom and hold it for a count of 5-10 before coming back up. Those pause reps are tough, ever try those?

Nice work there Shelby.

maldorf, John does have us do the rest pause reps, pausing at the bottom here and there they are brutal, usually do them on hack squats though...the worst are the high rep, rest pause machine leg press...for some reason they burn so frigging much more than the plate loaded leg press.

Tough way to do it for sure since you are only doing the bottom portion of the squat which is the most difficult. I used to do those too, and also practice doing sets where I would pause at the very bottom and hold it for a count of 5-10 before coming back up. Those pause reps are tough, ever try those?

If I remember correctly, Ed Coan was a big fan of those to help improve the squat for powerlifting. I've never really done them much though.

I have to give that one a try, but what was that horrible noise in the background? Is that what you call music! :eek:

I have to give that one a try, but what was that horrible noise in the background? Is that what you call music! :eek:

Next time I'll use Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Band for you ;):D

good shit bro:)

damnit....i gotta start recording some of my workouts

i dont like to lockout either
unless i take a break midset (3 to 5 secs and a deep breath)
then resume

:headbang:

that my friends is how you tear up a squat rack. That control and depth will give you better adductors for sure...ask Brad. The constant tension is perfect....man I love that control..that is what it is all about..own that weight! Awesome...

I am weak right now, but I guess I am going to have to have some fun in the squat rack this weekend...that shit inspires me...the form and control with that weight anyway..

KICK ASS

JM

good shit bro:)

damnit....i gotta start recording some of my workouts

i dont like to lockout either
unless i take a break midset (3 to 5 secs and a deep breath)
then resume

:headbang:

YES! I KNOW you are capable of doing some crazy stuff!

JM

Continual tension...

NICE... agreed, the weight and form alone is great, but the continual tension??? PAIN man... nice

If I remember correctly, Ed Coan was a big fan of those to help improve the squat for powerlifting. I've never really done them much though.

I tell you what, they really made my squat stronger fast. I started doing them some when I was training at the gym with John Parillo. We would do legs starting around 7:30 PM or so and not finish until about 2 hours later at 9:30 pm or so. It was so instense that I could barely drive home and then id lay in bed not able to sleep. Most leg nights id not fall asleep until after 1 o' clock am. It didnt mesh well with teaching, as I had to be at school by 6:30 am.

Doing those rest pauses at the bottom really strengthens you coming out of the hole. Id usually hold it just below parallel. I was using about 365 lbs for 10 of those rest pause reps while holding for a count somewhere between 5 and 10. You can vary the time you hold it. Some guys also pause at different points in the squat too. If you wanted to strengthen the top portion of the movement you can pause about 1/4 the way down for your count and then go all the way down and push back up for a rep. Those are a bitch.

I tell you what, they really made my squat stronger fast. I started doing them some when I was training at the gym with John Parillo. We would do legs starting around 7:30 PM or so and not finish until about 2 hours later at 9:30 pm or so. It was so instense that I could barely drive home and then id lay in bed not able to sleep. Most leg nights id not fall asleep until after 1 o' clock am. It didnt mesh well with teaching, as I had to be at school by 6:30 am.

Doing those rest pauses at the bottom really strengthens you coming out of the hole. Id usually hold it just below parallel. I was using about 365 lbs for 10 of those rest pause reps while holding for a count somewhere between 5 and 10. You can vary the time you hold it. Some guys also pause at different points in the squat too. If you wanted to strengthen the top portion of the movement you can pause about 1/4 the way down for your count and then go all the way down and push back up for a rep. Those are a bitch.

Yah I hear ya on the no sleep thing.. I was messed up last night, lol.
I'll have to try the pause squats. John has us doing paused hack squats from time to time, and also very slow descent squats (like 3 seconds) but we haven't done any paused barbell squats yet. Sounds like it'd be a good workout for your lower back too.

I want to see a video of you doing squats with no hands on the bar

WOW, the form, the control and with that weight!! Damn, my hat is off to you Shelby.

Whoa. I just had a leg workout an hour ago and you made me feel like shit for the way I do my squats. And I thought I knew what time under tension was. That form is really good. I'm going to emulate you next work out.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131