over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For Judas Priest Fans

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered

One of their guitarits, Richie Faulkner, came very close to death while playing up on stage in Kentucky last week. They are one of my favorite bands and I was sad to hear the news. Luckily he seems to be ok after a 10 hour open heart surgery. He is not one of the original lead guitar players. He replaced either Downing or Tipton. Cant remember which.

He said it was a good thing they played a short set because Metallica was coming out after them. He played the whole song Painkiller while suffering the rupture in his aorta. He probably would have played another song. Now that is dedication!

"As I watch footage from the Louder Than Life Festival in Kentucky, I can see in my face the confusion and anguish I was feeling whilst playing ‘Painkiller’ as my aorta ruptured and started to spill blood into my chest cavity," he wrote.

Hell yeah Judas Priest. You got another thing coming!

I've seen Richie in concert 2x now, and he is great. He does an admirable job in playing the part of the original guitarist.

They still put on an awesome show. My first Priest concert was in 1986, the Turbo tour

Priest very good band. Richie stepped in when k.k downing left. He is doing a great job. Glad he is going to be ok.

He was incredibly lucky! He had a congenital aortic aneurism that he knew nothing about. Oddly enough my best friend is a guitar player that plays with some big names in metal and he just found out this year that he has an aortic aneurism. His dad was having some tests done and the doctors found out he had it. They told him it can be genetic. My friend and his brother had to be tested. My friend has it, luckily it's very small and at this point he only needs an annual check up for it. The doctors don't want him to pick up more than half his body weight, which isn't much since he's a skinny guitar player! LOL!! His brother doesn't have it.

He was incredibly lucky! He had a congenital aortic aneurism that he knew nothing about. Oddly enough my best friend is a guitar player that plays with some big names in metal and he just found out this year that he has an aortic aneurism. His dad was having some tests done and the doctors found out he had it. They told him it can be genetic. My friend and his brother had to be tested. My friend has it, luckily it's very small and at this point he only needs an annual check up for it. The doctors don't want him to pick up more than half his body weight, which isn't much since he's a skinny guitar player! LOL!! His brother doesn't have it.
I think Chris Dim the bodybuilder has the same thing and almost died himself.

Judas Priest is amazing. Even a lot of the later stuff has been good.

I just listened to the latest Iron Maiden. Nothing I will listen to again. And I love Maiden.

I love JP and have seen them a couple times, both with the original lineups (I think). I'm glad the guitarist is going to be OK but to be honest I think that number Painkiller is enough to give me an aneurism too (j/k). Not one of my favs. Anyway I wish him a speedy recovery!

Was it stated it was congenital/genetic?? He’s fairly young at 41 years old so I would imagine it could most likely be genetic, I also can’t help the fact these guys are rock stars and probably party pretty hard too lol I wonder if any of those factors came into play too..

Was it stated it was congenital/genetic?? He’s fairly young at 41 years old so I would imagine it could most likely be genetic, I also can’t help the fact these guys are rock stars and probably party pretty hard too lol I wonder if any of those factors came into play too..

My bad, I meant to put genetic not congenital. Thanks for catching that!

Faulkner and his wife just had a baby too! His wife is the daughter of George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob, etc).

My bad, I meant to put genetic not congenital. Thanks for catching that!

Faulkner and his wife just had a baby too! His wife is the daughter of George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob, etc).
Going to be seeing Dokken pretty soon. Am stoked. George Lynch is incredible. Lynch Mob will also be playing.

Going to be seeing Dokken pretty soon. Am stoked. George Lynch is incredible. Lynch Mob will also be playing.
I saw Dokken open for Priest back in the late 80s. I think it was the Turbo album tour. Dokken was great in concert. Also saw Queensryche and Cinderella open up for Priest.

Unfortunately Don can't sing anymore and he's become a very bitter guy. I can't remember if it was M3 or one of the music festivals in England or Germany but one of the bands my friend is in was doing a meet and greet at one table and Dokken was the other. He said Don told one of the fans, "I'm not signing that shit!" and was rude to a lot of the fans.

If Lynch Mob is playing I'm sure George will come out and do a couple of songs with Dokken. He's done that recently when they're on the same bill. Another of my friends bands, he's in 5..LOL, opened for Lynch Mob a few years ago. I was at the sound check for Lynch Mob and they were all cool but Oni Logan didn't sound too good. The weird thing was that their new album came out a few days later and on the album his voice sounded like the first Lynch Mob album which sounded great! It's amazing what can be done in a studio. The problem is being able to do it live!!

Favorite bands of all time in order.
Greatful Dead
Jerry Garcia Band.
Judas fucken Priest /Maiden/Sabbath/KISS.
Unfortunately I'm a snob about the first two.. so those can't change.
With the Priest I never cared for anything after Turbo, but I still saw them wherever I was if they were playing.

Unfortunately Don can't sing anymore and he's become a very bitter guy. I can't remember if it was M3 or one of the music festivals in England or Germany but one of the bands my friend is in was doing a meet and greet at one table and Dokken was the other. He said Don told one of the fans, "I'm not signing that shit!" and was rude to a lot of the fans.

If Lynch Mob is playing I'm sure George will come out and do a couple of songs with Dokken. He's done that recently when they're on the same bill. Another of my friends bands, he's in 5..LOL, opened for Lynch Mob a few years ago. I was at the sound check for Lynch Mob and they were all cool but Oni Logan didn't sound too good. The weird thing was that their new album came out a few days later and on the album his voice sounded like the first Lynch Mob album which sounded great! It's amazing what can be done in a studio. The problem is being able to do it live!!
Rob Halford's voice is still decent today. Nothing like it was, but as good or better than many of his younger counterparts.

Even Julie Andrews lost her voice. Father time is cruel.

Favorite bands of all time in order.
Greatful Dead
Jerry Garcia Band.
Judas fucken Priest /Maiden/Sabbath/KISS.
Unfortunately I'm a snob about the first two.. so those can't change.
With the Priest I never cared for anything after Turbo, but I still saw them wherever I was if they were playing.
I was the same with priest. I still like their earlier stuff the most. Sad Wings of Destiny! Wow.

The last few albums Priest came out with have been much better. Have you listened to Firepower?

Fans of Rob need to read his autobiography. I'm reading it now. It's fantastic. He reveals even the most intimate details of his life. It's incredible.

Rob Halford's voice is still decent today. Nothing like it was, but as good or better than many of his younger counterparts.

Even Julie Andrews lost her voice. Father time is cruel.

Rob sounds great! He's the king of metal in my book!! When he's gone it will be a dark day.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws