over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For Phil

One word

STUD:headbang:

Wished I looked that good; never have
and never will. A classic look in my book.

Question . . . are you in contest prep or
is this your “walking around” condition?

Either way, you look great.

When you get some time, please do tell
us a little bit about yourself; your training
experiences, diet, etc . . . Thank you.

Thank you alfresco…
The thread you started last week, “it’s how you look” (another great post btw) It got my attention.
Like many I am hesitant to post pictures on Professional Muscle. There are some seriously great physiques here, WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE... I am thrilled with the comments, just thrilled. I am just a recreational bodybuilder. The truth is, I am my sons’ dad, not a bodybuilder. Although I have been dabbling in bodybuilding for years. I competed naturally first 12 years ago because a friend who owned a Max Muscle offered to pay my entry fees and expenses. I did it and took first in the novice group. I was probably about 180 pounds on stage that day. I didn’t know a damn thing back then…
Now bodybuilding or training is my attempt to stay as young and healthy as possible, Again for the boys and my wife. Fortunately my wife is a dedicated trainer. She kicks some serious ass in the gym and inspires the hell out of me. I walked off stage the following year with another first place trophy and my wife says to me, “I can do this”. Sure as hell she did about a month later at another natural show, she competed and that was it, she became a bodybuilder and then a figure competitor. She is very competitive and there is nothing she cannot do…
To answer your questions, “Am I in contest prep?” Well the wife and I are planning on going to Seattle this year for the E-cup. I think it about 11 weeks or so. But I haven’t change my training or diet. Like Hernon says “We are always trying to get bigger and leaner”. I have a base diet that I follow, but I stray often. Phil has been a great teacher for me. He says some amazingly smart stuff. I eat when hungry or rather I don’t eat when not hungry. I don’t consume many carbs. In fact lately my only starchy carb comes from Massive G’s powdered muscle. I eat a little fruit and lots of greans and veggis. I’ve taken a lot from John Mountaindog’s wisdom, thanks John… Also I must give HUGE credit to Jason Iabadman. He got into my head and altered my perspective,>> along the lines of “it’s how you look”. I used to walked around at 235-240 and think I was big or getting big. Ha! I am no longer fooled by my own numbers. I will always be a light-heavy.. This is me walking around, this or leaner… Some asked my height, I am just under 5’10”.
As far as my training goes… what works for me. I do cardio 6 early-mornings a week, 40-60 minutes moderately intense depending on how I am feeling that morning -I like it… I train weights 5 days a week and following a Hernon style program more or less. I feel the most important exercises I do are squats and deads. I am still getting stronger at 44 years old. I don’t do a lot of isolation movements. I am typically over-trained Oh well.. I like it.. Thanks for asking Alfresco. And thank you all for the kind words. It really means a lot coming from you all. You have my respect..!

knucklehead (you are anything but), thank you for taking the time to respond
with such clarity, detail and honesty. Your response made my heart sing and
your experiences are something that we can all learn something from. You
are a true inspiration. I wish you nothing but the best.

Be well,

alfresco

I am SO impressed, especially after reading your words!

:headbang:

Great shape, dude and great to hear your story too. It's really inspiring to see guys like you getting the balance right! props.

Very impressive, keep it up and you will look like that at 50 ;)

Perfect Balance

You have the physique that I strive for- and it sounds like you have a great balance in your life overall. You are my hero and motivate me to kick it up a notch....

Doing great KH, future plans?

All of the above! Nice job.:eek:

CG

Classic superhero look. Peace.

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. I thought I would post up a picture of what's really important to me...

Attachments

• KnuckleHeds.jpg
    KnuckleHeds.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 131
Nice

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. I thought I would post up a picture of what's really important to me...

Your lawn? JK, haahahaha....D, great family pics.........priceless! I remember the water tragedy you guys weht through 2 years ago...........WOW......life its tough and so fragile...........stay safe.........enjoy every moment.

awesome... inspiring... thanks for sharing your story. :cheers

Lovely family. You are truly blessed.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

What stood out to me in your post was "I am my sons dad, not a bodybuilder." Its good to see someone with an impressive classic physique that balances it with other major responsibilities like a family. Keep us posted on your prep to the Emerald Cup.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member