over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For the Death Core fans amongst us...

I was in the middle of the Boston SXE scene in the relate 80s. Lots of energy, great bands.
I'm friends with some of the people in Slapshot, my good friend who recently passed was the guitarist for Jerry's Kids; my high school friend and first training partner fronted the band B'zrker with other HS pals.

We had a rivalry with NYC and bands like Sick of it All, Warzone, Gorilla Biscuits, raw Deal, etc, but we liked them all the same. We were all unified though in our hatred of racist Nazi skins and used to pummel them when they showed up to challenge us. I missed seeing the Misfits live, but I did see Danzig in the early days when he was still doing a lot of Samhain and Misfits songs live.

The Misfits "Bullet" single had that iconic cover. Danzig enjoyed playing with the dark legends of the time. "Who Killed Marylin" was another such single.
bro bad ass i have to pick your brain someday. I have heard crazy stories in san diego about the east coast hardcore kids and the scene and how bad ass they were. I watched a cool doc on bad brains recently on netflix you should check out. bad ass @ danzig still an accomplishment. I love AFIs cover of "halloween" by the misfits, good tribute
sick of it all are legends, i saw hatebreed. keep the stories coming please, any old scene pics or videos please as well! even patches shirts whatever its all vintage and nostalgia for me

I saw the Bad Brains at the Channel in Boston like 30+ years ago - one of their last I think. HR did his boots-first stage dive right into us in the pit.

I was what we called a pitmaster in the Boston scene, i.e. I could clear a pit quickly. Supposedly only a PM could wear white Docs at the time. There were just a few of us.

I remember seeing Youth of Today and Uniform Choice at my favorite club TT the Bears in Cambridge. I was smashing it up in the pit when UC was performing and Ray of Today was in the pit with me (Ray Cappo). When he got up on stage to perform, he called me out, "we need two pits out there, one for regular guys and one for people like you!" [big grin]. We had a lot of fun.

I have some stories...

I can't get into the DeathCore vocals TBH.
I grew up with Venom, which is maybe the great-grandfather of modern Deathcore. I also was a fan of Celtic Frost and Bathory.
I was a dedicated metalhead in HS before I moved to hardcore punk. Seeing great bands like Slayer in a small club (The Paradise, Boston) or Metallica (Veteran's Auditorium in RI) right at the front was a blast.

Metallica, Slayer, Mercyful Fate, Anthrax -> The Misfits, Agnostic Front, SOD, C.o.C. -> Minor Threat, SSD, Dag Nasty, Slapshot, Sick of it All...

Haha! We've talked before about this. I was doing the same on the West Coast! LOL!! In high school I was going to as many club shows as possible. Throw in some extra metal bands, Megadeth, Legacy/Testament, Death Angel, Vio-lence, Exodus, Forbidden and on and on. Good Times!

Wow. I made the mistake of sitting through the entire video. I feel like a need to see a priest and drink a gallon of holy water Lolol. Wthhhh

• Haha
Reactions: Bio
Suicide Silence is one of the top dogs in the genre. Love the riffs

Emmure, Chelsea Grin, Devil Wears Prada, etc. not a huge fan of the vocals

I'm not a huge Deathcore guy, I mostly listen to Melo-Death, Tech Death, and Doom. A few bands that I like are Oceano, The Last 10 Seconds of Life, Sin Deliverance, and as has been mentioned, Slaughter to Prevail.

This hits home.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity