over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

? for the guys who train DC

OK thanks guys. I guess i wasnt taking the "recovering" effect into concern. Makes sense that pounding it out in the traditional RP fashion will yeild to a quicker recovery than waiting longer and pushing more weight. The one thing I think im gonna do though is not be anal about the time. I wont wait too long, but if I finish a set of say overhead db presses with 100's and 30sec goes by and im still so winded I can barely breath, im gonna assume its safe to say waiting another 15sec to catch my breath is gonna be fine.

OK thanks guys. I guess i wasnt taking the "recovering" effect into concern. Makes sense that pounding it out in the traditional RP fashion will yeild to a quicker recovery than waiting longer and pushing more weight. The one thing I think im gonna do though is not be anal about the time. I wont wait too long, but if I finish a set of say overhead db presses with 100's and 30sec goes by and im still so winded I can barely breath, im gonna assume its safe to say waiting another 15sec to catch my breath is gonna be fine.

i think you may be missing the point. 45 sec seems too long to me. I DO see vids of guys resting a min inbetween all the time. But I'm assuming they recommend 20-30 sec beacuse thats optimal.

Do this. Look at the clock and count your breaths. If it takes 10 breaths to get to 30 seconds... viola count 10 breaths every time. Of course you will be breathing faster after a hard set. Thats perfect because that will probably put you at the low to mid 20 sec mark

I have found that 20 seconds works for pretty much everyone. The difference between 20 and 30 seconds as far as ability to do more reps is near zero for most people. 45 seconds though, is more like circuit training. That much of a break will allow you to do more reps on set 2 and 3 but is that really what dc is all about?

Bingo

The idea is to think about a rp as one set where you give everything you have, if you rest too long it´s not one set, and the extra volume would interfere recovering... also most of the extra reps you get from the rp are extremely hard and near failure... those are the reps that realy count, so with rp you are getting the benefits of 3 failure points and posibly 5-7 hyper hard reps with minimal volume so you can recover and be ready to fight in 3-4 days... that´s the key, geting the most stimulus with the less volume. Doing 11-15 reps failing 3 times and 5-7 of those reps being "man making" reps is efficiency at it´s best.

This post is all you need to read to understand the principles involved.

Wow i've been waiting a while. Looks like my log book will not be improving, maybe even decreasing if your only waiting 20-30sec ;)

Why try to re-invent the wheel?

DC WORKS! Bottom line. And it works EXTREMELY WELL. Not to mention, many IFBB, NPC, etc pro-level bodybuilders use it and several use it as their exclusive training style. No disrespect, but if there was a better way to "tweak" DC training, I think it would've been done by one of the countless competititve bodybuilders who use it.

Wow i've been waiting a while. Looks like my log book will not be improving, maybe even decreasing if your only waiting 20-30sec ;)

as long as you will be improving after the initial re-set...

been doing dc for years but never managed to do that ...:)

Sometimes it takes people awhile to find their stride ... usually it's about the same time they realize they should have stuck to the 2 way for a little longer :)

I like heavy low volume so DC is great for me but what really made the difference for me was the way the rest/pause is structured, it made me realize how much I was over training in the past.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear