over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FOR THE GYM SOCIAL BUTTERFLIES

Benjifornothing

Registered
this is from a charles poliquin article:

A: How can you talk to someone for ten minutes and still expect to keep up your workout quality?

CP: An hour is an hour, but don't expect to do the optimal amount of sets in the given hour if you work on your social life between sets.

To rectify this situation, you could wear a T-shirt that says, "Please fuck off, I'm training right now." Or if someone talks to you, say that you suffer from multiple personality disorder and that they can call you Bob for now, but don't be surprised if you only answer to Mary tomorrow. As a last resort, you could walk around with those barf bags that they issue on flights. Make sure that it's filled with oatmeal and one of those floor-cleaning products (to provide a nice swishing sound and an appropriate smell). No one will dare talk to you.

AMEN! There is a guy at my gym that goes in monday thru thursday and does bench and incline every day, probably around 10 sets each and it takes him about an hour and a half, using the only squat rack we have(Our gym is very small) but inbetween sets his favorite thing to do is talk to everyone!! and i mean about anything! He will come talk to me while im on the fucking treadmill warming up while I still have my head phones in! I just want to punch him in the head with a 50lb dumbbell!!

A: How can you talk to someone for ten minutes and still expect to keep up your workout quality?

CP: An hour is an hour, but don't expect to do the optimal amount of sets in the given hour if you work on your social life between sets.

To rectify this situation, you could wear a T-shirt that says, "Please fuck off, I'm training right now." Or if someone talks to you, say that you suffer from multiple personality disorder and that they can call you Bob for now, but don't be surprised if you only answer to Mary tomorrow. As a last resort, you could walk around with those barf bags that they issue on flights. Make sure that it's filled with oatmeal and one of those floor-cleaning products (to provide a nice swishing sound and an appropriate smell). No one will dare talk to you.
that would work...:eek:
AMEN! There is a guy at my gym that goes in monday thru thursday and does bench and incline every day, probably around 10 sets each and it takes him about an hour and a half, using the only squat rack we have(Our gym is very small) but inbetween sets his favorite thing to do is talk to everyone!! and i mean about anything! He will come talk to me while im on the fucking treadmill warming up while I still have my head phones in! I just want to punch him in the head with a 50lb dumbbell!!

x2..

My old workout partner and I are at odds cause of this. He's 51 and wants to say he's old school and hardcore but anyone, especially a chick, walks up and he'll break our sets up to bullshit. For a few minutes...It goes up my ass a mile and Im not even what I would consider an intermediate BB. I just wanna go in, workout and leave. Every workout takes us 1.5hrs. 16-20 sets on every bodypart...I have had it. When I go do my own thing cause I think he's overtraining he gets shitty with me. Ive been in physical pain before and needed a minute or two to regroup and he'll say, "push through it", "suck it up". Yeah..nice one..Like I want to screw myself up for you, not to mention you'll hold a workout up just to bullshit with someone...geesh..
I go to one of those gyms that if you carry any size, most wont talk to you. The laughable part is the biggest guy is probably 225 and is 20% BF. Even the guy Im talking about is 210 and is 20%BF, but he'll bitch at me for my routine and that I don't work hard enough. Hell...Im 37. I don't want to be his age and have bad elbows, knees, shoulders...etc...etc..
There are guys here that just walk around with dufflebags and talk. They may do a couple sets then move on...Im so glad Im back to working out with myself. Id rather lift less and have piece of mind...Im never getting on stage and could careless about being a monster.

Working out at the same gym for 4 years, I have made friends with the other Rats... I make it a point to keep the conversations quick, walking to my next station while in a conversation... They get the hint.

Its definitely easier when you have a partner to keep to yourselves... When Im alone, for some reason I find myself in more conversations. Either way Im ALWAYS in and out in an hour, with a routine that will kick anyones butt!

ROFLMAO!!! This REALLY works... (usually). On my lifting days, I try to alternate between two T's - one that says "Eat Shit and Die!" and the other - "Fuck off you Fuckin' Fuck!". Some of the looks I get are hilarious, but it really works to eliminate the annoying chit-chat... USUALLY!

...the only time it backfired was when I ended up at the gym at 4 AM cuz I couldn't sleep. Although few, the ass-crack-of-dawn crowd is chatty bunch, so I opted for what I thought was the more effective of my T's, the "Fuck off you Fuckin' Fuck!". It was sorta hilarious at first, this one old dude LOVED the T but then it got annoying, as he had me show it to all his friends and complimented me on it after every freakin set!

been there. I love it when your up to do a lift and you have your headphones in and someone comes to you starts to talk to you, the first couple of times I'll take one out of my ear and be nice and just give them very short answers, they still don't get it.

As great as it would be to say "Fuck off" or wear a shirt that says "Leave Me Alone"....

What we ALL need to keep in mind is that WE are the face of bodybuilding. Some of us may be revered more than others, but we must help paint BB in a positive light. You can continue your workout without being a jackass. Last thing I want to do is prove right someones perception of a BB as being cocky, agressive, moody, etc.

just my .02

I try not to say a single word on purpose to anyone so i can avoid making new friends and having to be nice to people. If you just avoid it from the begining most people get the hint. Its a catch 22 though cuase everyone knows your anti social wich is good cuase people will leave you alone but it dont help with a one or two cute girls i wouldnt mind chatting it up with when they probally thickk your a anti social prick and espcially when you look good. O well. :D

i wear my headphones at all times even if my ipod aint on. haha. I made one friend at this new gym this older guy in his 50w who is cool as hell and i could tell from seeing him in there for months on end he was ok but other then that im closed off iv been hurt by so many men before!!! haha

SB

As great as it would be to say "Fuck off" or wear a shirt that says "Leave Me Alone"....

What we ALL need to keep in mind is that WE are the face of bodybuilding. Some of us may be revered more than others, but we must help paint BB in a positive light. You can continue your workout without being a jackass. Last thing I want to do is prove right someones perception of a BB as being cocky, agressive, moody, etc.

just my .02

This is true as much as a anti social prick i am im always nice to the young guys who are serouis just starting out.

SB

just my .02
Totally agree, bro!

...but there is a fine line between coming up to someone while stretching or on the way to/from the locker room, or even between exercises than coming up to someone whose right in the middle of set to chit chat (esp when it's about things totally unrelated to working out/nutrition/BB)! Right in the middle of a set... that irritates me to no end!!!

I personally ignore everyone, even if they look at me expecting me to say something I just continue doing what I'm doing, earbuds in, until I'm done with my workout. Then I'll walk up to the person and talk to them, answer any questions, then politely say I have to get home to get a meal in because that workout was so taxing. It works, the usual people I talk to have learned not to come up to me and ask questions, they'll give me a nod during my workout and I'll come over and talk to them when i'm done with everything.

1) Wear headphones.
2) Don't smile.
3) Don't wear any article of clothing that could be a conversation, i.e. any well known logo t-shirt

Works for me. The only time I've been talked to that I can remember was when I was wearing a shirt that had an USMC logo on it, and a guy asked me if I was a Marine, because he was about to go to Basic Officer Course. We chatted for a few minutes and I went on my way.

Headphones for sure! I even when my ipod is dead, I will leave my headphones in and just run the wire to my pocket...:D

Bodybuilders have, like many species, evolved natural defenses against...Well i wont say predators because lets be realistic here, but ill say random annoyances.

One of these defense mechanisms is found many other places in the animal and plant kingdom. It seems, that everytime nature decides it did something good for one species, that trait spreads to other species. a wonderful example of this is flight. It traversed incets, birds, animals, and even fish! but back to the topic at hand, The natural defense of the bodybuilder.

The Protien fart! Like a skunk or stink bug, the foul aroma from the ass of a bodybuilder has been shown to elicit the fight or flight response from many other species. A funny thing is though, the particular response is different depending on the bodybuilder's relationship with the agressor. A complete stranger? flight! The bodybuilders spouse? fight! The bodybuilders close friends in a car with the windows up and the window lock on, Horrified! and for the bodybuilder Hilarious.

One of natures mysteries is why this trait would develop in a particular population with greater physical prowess than the norm. Acording to a study done by the university of PENN, it seems to conclude that nature is just a dick.

ya all those fags who hang out by the juice bar and bullshit about nothing.

I cant stand chatty people in the gym

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity