over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For the older guys.

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
HRT improves muscle function

Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) significantly improves muscle function – down to the muscle fibre level – in postmenopausal women, a new study published today [1 May] in The Journal of Physiology shows.

Some studies published over the last decade have led to negative publicity around HRT, a treatment used to relieve symptoms of menopause, resulting in many women being reluctant to use it. However this new study offers a positive outcome from the treatment.

Previous studies, monitoring walking speed and jumping height, have suggested that HRT reduces the impacts of age-related decline in muscle mass and strength. This new study is the first to explore these effects at cellular and molecular levels. The research team observed pairs of postmenopausal identical twins – of whom only one of each pair was receiving HRT – in order to rule out genetic differences, and then performed close examination of muscle biopsies taken from them.

Dr Lars Larsson, from Uppsala University Hospital Sweden, who led the study, said:

"We found that even though individual muscle fibres did not change in size, the muscles of HRT users showed greater strength by generating a higher maximum force compared to non-HRT users. It is thought that using HRT, at least in part, reduces modifications of muscle contractile proteins that are linked to ageing."

"HRT is also associated with a more efficient organisation of myonuclei, which are essential components for muscle fibre function. In HRT users, the different myonuclei arrangement optimises cellular level protein transport that leads to improved muscle function."

"Fall and fall-related injuries are common among elderly individuals, with significant socioeconomic consequences for individuals and society, and women are affected more than men due to the decrease in female sex hormone production."

"Future studies are focusing on the molecular mechanisms underlying the ageing-related changes in skeletal muscle and the specific effects of HRT on the structure and function of the dominant protein in skeletal muscle, called myosin, which generates force and movement."

These findings open up possibilities for future pharmacological interventions aimed at enhancing muscle mass and function in old age, and improving quality of life.

Thanks emeric. I'm 44 and enjoy reading articles that deal with issues helping us as we get older. I'll always train and even at 44 I still am told I look 30. I think its from my days in the 90s of GH use and of course aas. My brother is 2 years younger and looks in his 50s. My father looks quite older than he is as well as my mother. Sister is 46 and looks in her mid to late 50s. All are non smokers, drinkers etc. They all have never worked out or done any form of exercise since they were under 20. Their diets are terrible as well. When I travel back home I bring a lot of my own food or go shopping when I get there.

the HRT under discussion in that article was for women. have similar/same conclusions been drawn for HRT/TRT for men?

the HRT under discussion in that article was for women. have similar/same conclusions been drawn for HRT/TRT for men?

Well, I know for certain that there has been scientific studies that showed men with low testosterone suffer more trouble with heart disease, so it follows that HRT would be good for the heart in men with low T. I read an actual study on that done at a university. There may be more than one out there.

Thanks, but that didn't tell me anything really.
At 43 and starting to slow down....however I need to see more long term studies on the health risks before I could commit.

At 43 and starting to slow down....however I need to see more long term studies on the health risks before I could commit.

yes, that was basically my point too.

Very cool emeric. Now what's your thoughts on a young guy who decides to take the blast and cruise approach, assuming he is using a true trt dose of say 100-200mg a week when cruising?

In 2007, Drs. Miner and Seftel published a review of the medical literature on testosterone since the 2003 Institute of Medicine Report.7 The summary of their article states: “Recent studies have demonstrated that hypogonadism [low testosterone] in men may be more prevalent than previously thought, is strongly associated with metabolic syndrome, and may be a risk factor for type 2 diabetes and cardio-vascular disease. Clinical studies have shown that testosterone replacement therapy in hypogonadal men improves metabolic syndrome indicators and cardiovascular risk factors. Maintaining testosterone concentrations in the normal range has been shown to contribute to bone health, lean muscle mass, and physical and sexual function, suggesting that testosterone replacement therapy may help to prevent frailty in older men. Based on current knowledge, testosterone replacement therapy is unlikely to pose major health risks in patients without prostate cancer and may offer substantial health benefits.”

Very cool emeric. Now what's your thoughts on a young guy who decides to take the blast and cruise approach, assuming he is using a true trt dose of say 100-200mg a week when cruising?

I would not recommend any dose to a young healthy man, but I would use 20 mg per day only (every day).

In 2007, Drs. Miner and Seftel published a review of the medical literature on testosterone since the 2003 Institute of Medicine Report.7 The summary of their article states: “Recent studies have demonstrated that hypogonadism [low testosterone] in men may be more prevalent than previously thought, is strongly associated with metabolic syndrome, and may be a risk factor for type 2 diabetes and cardio-vascular disease. Clinical studies have shown that testosterone replacement therapy in hypogonadal men improves metabolic syndrome indicators and cardiovascular risk factors. Maintaining testosterone concentrations in the normal range has been shown to contribute to bone health, lean muscle mass, and physical and sexual function, suggesting that testosterone replacement therapy may help to prevent frailty in older men. Based on current knowledge, testosterone replacement therapy is unlikely to pose major health risks in patients without prostate cancer and may offer substantial health benefits.”

I might also add that I have had a bad heart attack and have a defibrillator now and non of the doctors on my "team" have advised against my HRT. For a long while I was even having to go in for monthly phlebotomies, but they all realize the benefit to me for doing the HRT. One other big benefit is in your psychology, just feeling good in general.

yes, that was basically my point too.

Age don`t mater, if your test level are in normal range than is no reason for HTR, I know few older man 60+ with normal test level with out taking any AAS.

Realistically think about how long "HRT" has been around..

It's just now getting exposure for the benefits it has.

Testosterone has been used safely for almost 100 years...the positives far outweigh the negatives. Low "T" levels are far worse then a higher "T" level.

Even if you get your "studies" they will be done my major pharmaceutical companies and they will be all pointed in the direction that brings them the most money.

Bodybuilders and strength athletes have proven for years that low doses long term are very very safe. The problem being that most BBers choose to abuse products, then society, the media and the gov't demonizes them.

Thanks again. I don't think I fall into the hypogonada group, however as I said I am slowing and considering TRT as a boost for in life, training, profession, bedroom.....however I think my numbers wouldn't be considered below the normal range for a 43 year old.
I do see myself on TRT at some point in the future....and I see the benifits of it for me now, but long term usage of a fake hormone....well I need more info before jumping.

I would not recommend any dose to a young healthy man, but I would use 20 mg per day only (every day).

So I take it you recommend the PCT route? And do you think there's any health risks cruising if youre young and your test levels are in range?

Last edited:
Emetic is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable members of this board. His knowledge is well accepted by most and he has scientific proof to back the majority of it, so if you disagree or don't like him for some strange reason, please don't boast your post count to say he is clueless, but if you have a truly debatable issue, then by all means please do post. I'm just saying let's respect the pros that have been there and done that, which 99% of us, people searching for an edge or more knowledge will never be. Thanks, especially Emeric

So I take it you recommend the PCT route? And do you think there's any health risks cruising if youre young and your test levels are in range?

Boys start puberty anywhere from age 11-14 and usually stop by the time they are 19 or 21, so is always a risk when you under 21.

Emetic is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable members of this board. His knowledge is well accepted by most and he has scientific proof to back the majority of it, so if you disagree or don't like him for some strange reason, please don't boast your post count to say he is clueless, but if you have a truly debatable issue, then by all means please do post. I'm just saying let's respect the pros that have been there and done that, which 99% of us, people searching for an edge or more knowledge will never be. Thanks, especially Emeric

I looked and was unable to see where anyone disrespected Emeric. You do realize that the thread is about HRT and not about pro BB...

I received your PMs, and looks like you are a very smart young man.
It is always some degree of risk when you take synthetic AAS , however your cycle is very safe especially if you incorporate a very good diet.

There's never going to be any moderate dose long term studies because the laws. Common sense tells me that 1000's of bb's been on for years and many are in there 60's. 70's if it was that bad they would be dropping like flies.

There's never going to be any moderate dose long term studies because the laws. Common sense tells me that 1000's of bb's been on for years and many are in there 60's. 70's if it was that bad they would be dropping like flies.

Just remember back in the 60s and 70s bodybuilding wasn`t as popular as is today, back then there was just a few pro bbs , maybe 50 pros worldwide. This days (just in the USA) 20+ people turn pro each year. I am from the 60s.

In the 60s and 70s dianabol was the most popular choice, the weight lifters (in 60s was more weight lifters than bbrs) cycles was 6 weeks one 4 week off and back and fort all year round.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity