over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For the older guys.

every time I read the properties of deca, (increasing bone mineral content and collagen synthesis), I wonder why it's not prescribed more often especially to the elderly. It sounds like there are no down sides in giving someone who needs it a therapeutic dose.:confused:

every time I read the properties of deca, (increasing bone mineral content and collagen synthesis), I wonder why it's not prescribed more often especially to the elderly. It sounds like there are no down sides in giving someone who needs it a therapeutic dose.:confused:

They do 50mg every 3 weeks. It is also used for some aplastic anemias.

I'm going on 59 and on hrt 12.5 prop daily 50 primo weekly,how much hgh should be added,I,m doing 3 iu daily,is this enough,or may be to much at my age.

I'm going on 59 and on hrt 12.5 prop daily 50 primo weekly,how much hgh should be added,I,m doing 3 iu daily,is this enough,or may be to much at my age.

Have a blood work for your IGF-1 levels, if is out of range then don`t take GH, take only test and Humanofort. In older men IGF-1 suppresses GH-releasing hormone’s stimulatory effects, whereas, testosterone doubles pulsatile GH secretion. Humanofort helps regulate IGF-1 up or down.

FRONTERA et al. (1988) demonstrated that older (age 60-72 years) sedentary men have the capacity to significantly increase both the size and strength of their muscles. Using a progressive resistance training (PRT) program (80% of the one repetition maximum, 3 days per week for 12 weeks), we demonstrated that muscle hypertrophy was associated with a significant post-training elevation in urinary 3-methylhistidine/creatinine. This PRT program had a substantial eccentric component, which almost certainly resulted in significant damage in the knee extensor and flexor muscles.
Half of the men who participated in this study were given a daily protein-calorie supplement (S) providing an extra 560 ± 16 kcal/d (16.6% as protein, 43.3% as carbohydrate, and 40.1% as fat) in addition to their normal ad lib diet. The rest of the subjects received no supplement (NS) and consumed an ad lib diet. By the twelfth week of the study, dietary energy (2960 ± 230 in S vs 1620 ± 80 kcal in NS) and protein (118 ± 10 in S vs 72 ± 11 g/d in NS) intake were significantly different between the S and NS groups.
Composition on the midthigh was estimated by computerized tomography and showed that the S group had greater gains in muscle than did the NS men. In addition, urinary creatinine excretion was greater at the end of the training in the S group when compared to that of the men in the NS group (MEREDITH, FRONTERA and EVANS, 1992), indicating a greater muscle mass in the S group. The change in energy and protein intake (beginning vs 12 weeks) was correlated with the change in midthigh muscle area (r=0.69, p=0.019; r=0.63, p=0.039, respectively). There was no difference in strength gains between the two groups. These data suggest that a change in total food intake, or perhaps, selected nutrients, in subjects beginning a strength-training program can affect muscle hypertrophy.
It is clear that exercise-induced muscle damage leads to a long-term increase in protein breakdown and synthesis (FRONTERA et al., 1988; FIELDING et al., 1991; CANNON et al., 1991; EVANS, 1986). Few studies have compared the longitudinal effect of high-intensity eccentric and concentric exercise training. Most progressive resistance training devices and lifting free weight have substantial concentric and eccentric components. KOMI and BUSKIRK (1972) measured arm circumference before and after training either eccentrically or concentrically. They found that arm circumference increased only in the arms of men who trained eccentrically.

Also when you over 60 like me, try to train small body parts 3 times per week.

Age don`t mater, if your test level are in normal range than is no reason for HTR, I know few older man 60+ with normal test level with out taking any AAS.

when you say "normal range" do you accept that the lab ranges are "normal"?

what is "normal range" for a particular age might not be "normal" for an older/younger guy?

I am not being "disrespectful" here Emeric, I am curious about this stuff and very appreciative of the info you post here.

Thanks.

what is "normal range" for a particular age might not be "normal" for an older/younger guy?

I am not being "disrespectful" here Emeric, I am curious about this stuff and very appreciative of the info you post here.

Thanks.

Average Testosterone Levels by Age

When determining what’s considered a normal testosterone level, it’s best to look at what the reference range is for men your age. Researchers have known for years that T levels typically drop by about 1% every year after you hit your mid-30s. So if you’re 35, comparing yourself to a bunch of 80-year-old men isn’t very useful because they likely have really low T levels.

Unfortunately, many labs don’t break down reference ranges by age. However, studies have been done in which researchers do just that. Below, I include the results from two such studies.

normal-testosterone-levels/

Thanks.

We should not go by age, a 70 years old man level would be not good for a 20 years old, however a 20 years old level would be very beneficial for a 70 years old. I prefer to kip my between 800 to 1000 total and free 30 to 40.

We should not go by age, a 70 years old man level would be not good for a 20 years old, however a 20 years old level would be very beneficial for a 70 years old. I prefer to kip my between 800 to 1000 total and free 30 to 40.

yes, this is sort of where i was going to; rather an "optimal level" rather than "age-related normal"?

what about estrogen?

generally, as men age they become more sensitive to estrogen and raising testosterone levels back up to 25yr old levels is going to effect this?

Critics don’t understand that the more that you have, the better off you are, and every longevity study says the same thing: the higher level, the longer you’ll live, the less risk of heart disease that you’ll have, when I say higher is high normal range not 1500 to 2000+

Critics don’t understand that the more that you have, the better off you are, and every longevity study says the same thing: the higher level, the longer you’ll live, the less risk of heart disease that you’ll have, when I say higher is high normal range not 1500 to 2000+

ok, thanks emeric. i'm just trying to understand this trt stuff! it seems that, to do it right, it's not just a case of injecting test and raising level though? different protocols involving AI, hcg on top of the test it looks like a lot of guys get it wrong somehow and end up worse off?!

what about estrogen?

generally, as men age they become more sensitive to estrogen and raising testosterone levels back up to 25yr old levels is going to effect this?

Depend on how is administrated (once every 2 week, once per week or daily)the persons life style, diet, supplementation, is the do exercise or not.
The estrogen it can be regulated in many ways.

Depend on how is administrated (once every 2 week, once per week or daily)the persons life style, diet, supplementation, is the do exercise or not.
The estrogen it can be regulated in many ways.

haha, yes this is what i mean by "complicated"!

thank you.

I just turned 70 and prior to 6 months ago was doing about 1 gm. a week of test. Had also been using HGH.

I developed atrial fibrillation - or rather had an episode of it. Stopped test and had stopped HGH a few months before.

Research literature indicates that AAS can increase the thickness of the atrial chamber in some individuals - even men in their 20s.

The research is uneven, but it also indicates a higher probability of atrial thickening when test and HGH are used together.

Since I have been off the large doses (now doing 200mg TE per week) I have had no problem. The research also seems to indicate that when you are off AAS for a year your atrial thickening goes away.

It seems to me that the biggest risk is with those who are "on" continuously. Cycling seems to avoid this risk.

Thoughts?

why so large dosage of test?

100mg/wk seems to be average trt dose; 250mg will def put you in upper range so why 1g?

I just turned 70 and prior to 6 months ago was doing about 1 gm. a week of test. Had also been using HGH.

I developed atrial fibrillation - or rather had an episode of it. Stopped test and had stopped HGH a few months before.

Research literature indicates that AAS can increase the thickness of the atrial chamber in some individuals - even men in their 20s.

The research is uneven, but it also indicates a higher probability of atrial thickening when test and HGH are used together.

Since I have been off the large doses (now doing 200mg TE per week) I have had no problem. The research also seems to indicate that when you are off AAS for a year your atrial thickening goes away.

It seems to me that the biggest risk is with those who are "on" continuously. Cycling seems to avoid this risk.

Thoughts?

You don`t need 200mg per week, try 100mg, 5 x 20mg per week with 300mg Humanofort per day, no need for HGH. I will be 61 this year.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear