over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those complaining they cannot eat enough calories

:eek: I wanted to puke just reading that! I wonder how many people will read that and think, "HEY, I can eat like that and get huge!!!!!"

I wouldn't believe anything written in the New York Post, it's on the same level as the National Enquirer

jeebus, is this pic photoshopped or are his arms really that long....looks like somebody shaved an anorexic albino gorilla. :D

Attachments

• phelps.jpg
    phelps.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 614
HE MUST HAVE A VERY HIGH METABOLISM TO BE ABLE TO EAT THAT MANY CALS EVERYDAY,OR HE MUST SWIM ALL DAY LONG TO BURN ALL THE CALORIES HE CONSUMES.

He's swimming 5 hr / day, using up probably 1000kcal / hr (minimum) = probably 5-6000+ kcal just in training. Add 3-4000kcal /day to that (thermic effect of exercsie, thermic effect o eating, he's a big guy, so a high BMR) and I can see him at 10,000 kcal / day or more...

-S

so you guys believe that he eats all that, 3 egg sandwiches with cheese, tomatoes,etc. 5 egg omelette, bowl of grits, 3 pieces of french toast, 3 chocolate chip pancakes and whatever else, all in one shot. and then for dinner has a pound of pasta, that's an entire box of whatever and then eats an entire pizza. and then trains for swimming with all that shit in his stomach? c'mon.

HE MUST HAVE A VERY HIGH METABOLISM TO BE ABLE TO EAT THAT MANY CALS EVERYDAY,OR HE MUST SWIM ALL DAY LONG TO BURN ALL THE CALORIES HE CONSUMES.

im willing to bet both. im hoping they mean he eats this way only when hes competing.. every day like that.. wow.

RIDICULOUS

that article is absurd. there is not a single strength and conditioning coach nor swim coach in the world that would allow any of their athletes to eat like that. he definitely eats a lot of calories, he needs to because of the 4-5hrs per day of work outs but 1. i guarantee he doesn't have the stomach capacity to eat like that 2. even if he did, he would be so bogged down his training/swimming would suck and 3. even if he were eating 12,000 calories per day (which he isn't) most of them would be liquid and they would have to be more nutritious. like i said, all those simple sugars all that crap, he'd either have a heart attack or get diabetes.

I read an article in muscular development magazine about a female Olympic swimmer and she ate super clean at about 4000 calories a day throughout six meals a day. She was in the pool and gym six hours a day. She weighed 120 pounds. I'd assume Phelps is on the same type of regimen plus some calories. These are Olympians, at this point they do everything right. That diet is far from "everything right".

And, yes, Phelps is a goofy ass lookin' mofo. He's a giant in the water. If you watch him swim you'll notice he rotates his arms like 2 times by the time everyone else does 2 1/2 to 3. He wears size 14 shoes and his hands are comparable. He's made for swimming. It's kinda like Lance Armstrong and his giant lungs that makes him so much better than everyone else.

He's swimming 5 hr / day, using up probably 1000kcal / hr (minimum) = probably 5-6000+ kcal just in training. Add 3-4000kcal /day to that (thermic effect of exercsie, thermic effect o eating, he's a big guy, so a high BMR) and I can see him at 10,000 kcal / day or more...

-S

Thanks for that post, it has nothing to do with metabolism, and it proves one thing, put in the right amount of work and you can burn calories too. Of course I don't want to look like a swimmer.:rolleyes:

jeebus, is this pic photoshopped or are his arms really that long....looks like somebody shaved an anorexic albino gorilla. :D

His arm span is 6 foot 7 inches...amazing
You would almost think he had Klinefelters or Marfans syndrome or something....lol

AND,, he weighs less than 200 lbs as per NBC...geez

nothing special when looking at his energy expenditure . i bet that he even sacrifices muscle because he is not even eating enough .

wake

Sounds like some of the experiments they were running at my college. They would take rats and put them in a drum of water and make them tread water for hours until they couldnt do it any more. They would go to the point of failure. SOme of those guys burned some incredible cals. After some time of training like this they would test the brain and body glands for certain hormone levels to see how training effected them. Sad thing is we had to use this little guillotine to cut off their heads when we were ready to run the tests on them!

Thats crazy especially since hes eating 4kcals in one sitting. :eek: Thats how much I eat all day over 6 meals.

I guess it is true at least according to Phelps. It's been all over the news today. He claims he drinks 1000 calories worth of energy drinks at his 2nd and 3rd meal as well. How many redbulls is that? Sounds like a heart attack in a can.

I doubt he eats that much 'normally', but given what he's trying to achieve at the moment, it doesn't surpise me he's shoving food down his throat like theres no tomorrow.

You wouldn't want to lose a gold medal because you run out of energy half way down the lane.

Swimming 5 miles per day will do that......an i'm sure he swims more during his season coming up to the Olympics. His warm up swims are 2400 Meters! That is crazy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131