advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those members who do decline bench press.

Not the best example...

Crap, I actually had a picture of the decline I use on my iphone before... this is not the best example... if you lower the bench to the first notch/hole, this is right where you want to be...

OK, I'll be in the gym in the AM... I'll take a pic and post it if no one else gets a better one :D

Attachments

• decline.jpg
    decline.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 408
:yeahthat:That would be about perfect

See! Everyone is different! Here and there I like to hit a 25% incline, medium weight for inclines. Once a month though.

Pretty close...

See! Everyone is different! Here and there I like to hit a 25% incline, medium weight for inclines. Once a month though.

Don't over think it... Tenny, KS, myself- we are within each others opinions +/- a couple degree's and it's been agreed that too steep of an incline is no good either... I know what the desire is like to have the "perfect/optimal" angle, but at the same time, it's one of those things that a few degree's will not matter.

I mentioned above, do a search on the decline here, you will get plenty of better answers from a biomechanical standpoint, I think this might be one of those topics that has been discussed so much that it doesn't get a lot of "traffic" anymore.

Don't over think it... Tenny, KS, myself- we are within each others opinions +/- a couple degree's and it's been agreed that too steep of an incline is no good either... I know what the desire is like to have the "perfect/optimal" angle, but at the same time, it's one of those things that a few degree's will not matter.

I mentioned above, do a search on the decline here, you will get plenty of better answers from a biomechanical standpoint, I think this might be one of those topics that has been discussed so much that it doesn't get a lot of "traffic" anymore.

Tomorrow I will get a picture of my decline if I remember and you or someone else can say if you think it is to steep.

Ive used the smith machine but sometimes feel like i put to much stress on the shoulders since its not the perfect motion for you to do decline

in the smith with low incline, and pushing away from me . this movement it the best for my shoulders.( of all pressing movements)

Last edited:
How do you do your decline bench press?

I used to put 2 25's under the bench, but Phil told me to add 2 more for more of an incline.

This thread is to see what other members do in the gym. Please do not flame.

Go to flexonline.com and go to the video section, go to the 8th one down and click on it. Ben Pakulski training chest and go to 13.35 into the video, that's the way.

my gym has an adjustable decline. I set it at a slight decline. I pick up the dumbells and swing them onto my lap as I sitdown. Then I just lay back and let them tip into position.
I can do this up to 140's although sometimes I struggle getting both onto my thighs. If I go over 140s I have someone load me by putting the dumbells on my thighs while I sit on the bench.

Like this on an adjustable decline.
But with much less weight - 80s

I haven't done decline in like 5 years, put way too much stress on my shoulders even with just 225 just dose t feel right. plus I've watched a lot of pros working out in vids an Interviews and never seen any of them do it. most said that u get enough stimulation in the lower pecs from flat bench but I'm no expertI'm doing fine without it.

Yates believed decline was the most effective chest exercise.

Crum...

I went to the gym this morning and told myself TWICE to take a picture.... and forgot! :banghead: dummy

sliding..

so how do you big boys keep from sliding down on the self made decline bench? :confused:

i'll tell you this........

starting chest training again (seriously)
after a pec rupture

i feel the MOST discomfort (pec load)
with dips and declines....in that order

i was doing inclines 6 weeks after the tear
with 135...but couldnt do one SINGLE dip...or ANY
weight at all on decline

:cool:

I liked it at this % decline.

FYI the mats are there for the dumbells and the red drink is BCAA plus is anyone had any questions.

Attachments

• 021611121522.jpeg
    021611121522.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 303
Good...

Just right... a pain to not slip down I'm sure, but just right :)

If you can find an adjustable ab bench I think you will be better off.

Just right... a pain to not slip down I'm sure, but just right :)

If you can find an adjustable ab bench I think you will be better off.

Once the weight is up I do not slip down. I have a adjustable decline, but locking my leg and holding the weight is hard for me... and I rather not hurt myself.

Adding the mats were PERFECT. My gyms dumbells kinda suck because they can break easily... and letting them down on the mats really helps.

Last edited:
I hardly ever do declines. just sometimes to switch things up. But my gym has a decline bench so that makes life pretty easy

Where do you lower the bar/db? And with what shoulder width?

I use a smaller than shoulder width, and lower the weight about my nipples.

I am after shoulder injury too, and i find declines to be ok, but too much of an angle and i dont feel comfortable.

Also flat bench with dumbells kill my shoulders now after the injury worse than anything ( dips and overhead movements excluded:))

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131