advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those of us with low HDL (A lot of us)

Cooking with coconut oil and also putting it on toasted Ezekiel bread has definitely put my cholesterol in a favorable range. I also add a heaping teaspoon of psyllium husk powder to my protein shakes, I been doing that for years and I believe it helps a lot.

In the end the though genetics play a huge role. For instance my girl is tiny, eats very well and plenty of cardio, 110lbs with abs (yes my little fuck toy lol)yet her cholesterol has been over 200 a few times. I have been over 300lbs, sitting at 250lbs now and mine stays anywhere from 135-165 with good hdl. Instead of pro bodybuilder genes I got good cholesterol genes, go figure...

Cooking with coconut oil and also putting it on toasted Ezekiel bread has definitely put my cholesterol in a favorable range. I also add a heaping teaspoon of psyllium husk powder to my protein shakes, I been doing that for years and I believe it helps a lot.

In the end the though genetics play a huge role. For instance my girl is tiny, eats very well and plenty of cardio, 110lbs with abs (yes my little fuck toy lol)yet her cholesterol has been over 200 a few times. I have been over 300lbs, sitting at 250lbs now and mine stays anywhere from 135-165 with good hdl. Instead of pro bodybuilder genes I got good cholesterol genes, go figure...

When my wife drops body fat it messes with her estrogen. Giving her bsd lipids. If she stays that lean...may want to see what can help her numbers. Women normally have better cholesterol.

lol..dose, duration?

After a blast, I like to drop my AI and use nolvadex at 10mg/day for 4-6 weeks as I begin my cruise. I like to do this for a few reasons:

-Lipid damage from high T/low E2 ratio.

-Lipid damage from AIs

-Taking an AI while going into a cruise can lower E2 too much, further damaging lipids.

-Taking an AI may increase aromatase activity, this gives my a break from blocking aromatase and hopefully settles down aromatase activity.

-Higher E2 plus nolvadex boosts HDL significantly.

After this 4-6 week period I go back to very minimal dose AI while on TRT. I do bloodwork about 4 weeks after going back to my AI. I have done this consistently so I really notice the HDL difference from the nolvadex run vs not doing it.

Last edited:
Cardio has by far been the best thing at raising my HDL. When competing, even though I'm on more AAS, my HDL improves from doing 45-60 minutes of moderate intensity cardio daily. Nolvadex has been the other factor that has worked wonders at increasing my HDL.

Honestly I don't put much stock in HDL, I think VLDL and CRP are more important when considering atherosclerosis. Everyone should have a low radiation heartscan and get a calcium score.

I agree with you re. HDL merit. However I do put stock in HDL LDL and VLDL ratios, so in that sense I do pay attention to it. Since HDL lowers somewhat no matter what we do when on AAS, I compensate by trying to prevent any major skews in LDL/VLDL.

Too many of us, once lean, get lazy with the cardio. Myself included sometimes :/ I'll try to make that up in some moderate intensity private activity with the girlfriend.

I agree with you re. HDL merit. However I do put stock in HDL LDL and VLDL ratios, so in that sense I do pay attention to it. Since HDL lowers somewhat no matter what we do when on AAS, I compensate by trying to prevent any major skews in LDL/VLDL.

Too many of us, once lean, get lazy with the cardio. Myself included sometimes :/ I'll try to make that up in some moderate intensity private activity with the girlfriend.

I agree, I think VLDL and CRP are probably the most important. I do notice they both stay very low no matter how bad my LDL/HDL become. However, HDL lipoprotein does carry cholesterol toward the liver for metabolism, and LDL lipoprotein does carry cholesterol toward the arterial walls. Plus we not only have the possibility of CAD, but also the possibility of isolated pockets of plaque that may develop due to damaged arterial walls (unrelated to overall inflammation). So in this respect I think keeping ratios in line somewhat may be wise.

I really like the NMR lipoprofile to look at the actual lipoproteins, not the just the cholesterol. Also gives nice insulin resistance information...

After a blast, I like to drop my AI and use nolvadex at 10mg/day for 4-6 weeks as I begin my cruise. I like to do this for a few reasons:

-Lipid damage from high T/low E2 ratio.

-Lipid damage from AIs

-Taking an AI while going into a cruise can lower E2 too much, further damaging lipids.

-Taking an AI may increase aromatase activity, this gives my a break from blocking aromatase and hopefully settles down aromatase activity.

-Higher E2 plus nolvadex boosts HDL significantly.

After this 4-6 week period I go back to very minimal dose AI while on TRT. I do bloodwork about 4 weeks after going back to my AI. I have done this consistently so I really notice the HDL difference from the nolvadex run vs not doing it.

Thanks for the reply. Very detailed as always :)

Now when you say minimal ai usage while on a cruise, what do you like to use here? I'm trying to figure out a good protocol for my cruises to prevent any future flare ups. You know my recent situation with the slight gyno :(

Anyone know why amridex is the TRT standard for AI vs novolodex?

good question. i always thought aromasin was the preferred ai of choice regardless of blasting/cruising, as it seemed to have no effect on lipids and no rebound effect of estrogen when coming of. i know kal has mentioned he uses arimidex so id be interested in his reasoning

I agree, I think VLDL and CRP are probably the most important. I do notice they both stay very low no matter how bad my LDL/HDL become. However, HDL lipoprotein does carry cholesterol toward the liver for metabolism, and LDL lipoprotein does carry cholesterol toward the arterial walls. Plus we not only have the possibility of CAD, but also the possibility of isolated pockets of plaque that may develop due to damaged arterial walls (unrelated to overall inflammation). So in this respect I think keeping ratios in line somewhat may be wise.

I really like the NMR lipoprofile to look at the actual lipoproteins, not the just the cholesterol. Also gives nice insulin resistance information...

Indeed. The NMR is good. I think a lot of people forget that HDL and LDL are the carrier molecules for cholesterol, not cholesterol molecules.

210 to 220 total cholesterol appears to be the sweet spot for:

1) Lowest all cause mortality

2) Lowest incidence of CVD

CholesterolMortality.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know why amridex is the TRT standard for AI vs novolodex?

Novla has its own set of risks if used long term. I don't know if(some one here may know) if it's approved by FDA for male TRT use. I know it's used for male children with gyno. Other than that its a female cancer drug.

I like the lipid effects of Novla but after 8ish weeks I start to get depressed on it.

I had bloodwork done at the end of June following a long blast which included tren e and winny. My cholesterol was 350.Dr was besides himself. My ldl was 278, hdl 17. I told him I could fix it, he gave me the benefit of the doubt. I just had my my blood work completed five weeks later. My total cholesterol is 244 ldl 167, hdl are 34. He was stunned. My protocol was simply.Red yeast rice 2400mg/day. 2 servings Iforce Heart Health ED. I did not change diet, was clean to begin with. Of course dopping the tren and winny helped, but I was pretty satisfied with results. I have more bloodwork scheduled in Mid Sept. I will check in with results.

I had bloodwork done at the end of June following a long blast which included tren e and winny. My cholesterol was 350.Dr was besides himself. My ldl was 278, hdl 17. I told him I could fix it, he gave me the benefit of the doubt. I just had my my blood work completed five weeks later. My total cholesterol is 244 ldl 167, hdl are 34. He was stunned. My protocol was simply.Red yeast rice 2400mg/day. 2 servings Iforce Heart Health ED. I did not change diet, was clean to begin with. Of course dopping the tren and winny helped, but I was pretty satisfied with results. I have more bloodwork scheduled in Mid Sept. I will check in with results.

any cardio?

I doubt the red yeast rice did much of anything since the main component in it that worked (and is a statin basically) has been removed. Iforce heart help looks to be THE SHIT when your lipids need fixing. This is what you should be doing if your lipids need fixing.

Cardio 5x a week
Iforce Heart Help
3g epa/dha
Avocado
1/3cup unroasted unsalted almonds

Niacin too can be of help but with the above you should make SIGNIFICANT changes.

I doubt the red yeast rice did much of anything since the main component in it that worked (and is a statin basically) has been removed. Iforce heart help looks to be THE SHIT when your lipids need fixing. This is what you should be doing if your lipids need fixing.

Cardio 5x a week
Iforce Heart Help
3g epa/dha
Avocado
1/3cup unroasted unsalted almonds

Niacin too can be of help but with the above you should make SIGNIFICANT changes.

niacin would be more of a "last resort" correct?

whats this heart help stuff? just did a quick search and it looks very promising! havent heard of it until now, kinda surprised no one here has mentioned it tbh

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Very detailed as always :)

Now when you say minimal ai usage while on a cruise, what do you like to use here? I'm trying to figure out a good protocol for my cruises to prevent any future flare ups. You know my recent situation with the slight gyno :(

Bump. Thanks in advance kal

I don't know about it being a last resort....but it is another option. I would probably do the protocol I listed for a while and then check my hdl/ldl. Then I would decide to add Niacin in or not...simply because it is pretty unpleasant for most people to deal with.

Yea the flushing isn't very fun to deal with while trying to sleep

I don't know about it being a last resort....but it is another option. I would probably do the protocol I listed for a while and then check my hdl/ldl. Then I would decide to add Niacin in or not...simply because it is pretty unpleasant for most people to deal with.

That much niacin can cause neurological issues long term. But if your lipids are bad it's a good temporary tool. I used novla, gw5016, and niacin. To get to 50hdl than diet and cardio to keep it there.

Good tools if your blasts mess them up.

I tried running the real "flush" niacin to bump up HDL. I did get a few points from it but my liver enzymes did get elevated. I was not on any orals or other things that would affect liver counts. I have read that at the dosage required to bump HDL it does cause some liver stress. Just my .02

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws