over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those of you with sleep apnea

I’m a tremendous snorer but don’t have sleep apnea according to the sleep study - but due to the heavy snoring I had low oxygen levels - I got the APAP machine which automatically adjusts the setting according to your breathing

The thing I notice more than anything is my BP is down a good 10-15 points...maybe more
Was always 140s-90s now 120s-70s

Best thing I could have done for myself

I had the same experience but I was not quite as high as you before getting an APAP.

My hematocrit was high but not sure since I have had APAP. Also, when my hematocrit was high I am not sure that I was getting enough fluid each day. Actually getting bloods done soon so I should know if both that have helped.

My blood work was all good. The X-wife was bothered by the snoring. X-girlfriends never were bothered much. My Apnea wasn't to bad. Had the surgery and that took care of it.

Were there any blood test results that seemed to be a little off that might have provided clues you had apnea?

Elevated hematocrit. Pre CPAP my hematocrit would be 55-56 and I'd have to dump 2-3x a year. Now it's rarely elevated.

Also, not a blood test but my normal oxygen saturation pre CPAP was low 90's.

Is this your waking oxygen or oxygen while asleep?

I did the at home sleep study. For stupid reasons, I only got three hours of sleep data but that was enough to get them to sign off on the cpap. I stopped breathing 6 times.

At the time my bodyweight was hovering around 260 but I had been heavier in the past.

My bloodwork wasnt completely wrecked but it was not good. In relevance to this conversation my crit and RBC were a few points high past reference range (cholesterol and triglycerides were wrecked but for lifestyle choices and most likely not apnea related). This was following few months use of tren, Eq, and test at higher dosages.

Items I noticed: The heavier I am the worse it is. The higher the dose, even at lighter body weights, the worse the sleep apnea. I keep my bodyweight lower now, keep my diet pretty much as healthy as possible (around that time started listening to john meadows), and monitor all the important stuff and it really is much more manageable.

More power to anyone that can sleep with that device on their face. I absolutely can not do it.

Last edited:
I’m self diagnosed as well. I snore really bad and every girl that’s ever slept next to me says literally that I stop breathing and then gasp for air. The heavier my weight the worse it gets. I bought a Resmed airsense10. It basically had an auto adjust feature. It’s been really hard getting used to. I bought a really nice full face mask since I’m a mouth breather but I know people sometimes have to try lots of masks to find the right one. I need to stick with it. Sometimes I pull it off in the middle of the night because it is a little harder to breathe through. This is just my experience. I know everyone that uses one with success says they are awesome so I’m really going to try and stick it out.

I know what you mean - I had to ease into using it all night over about a month. In the beginning I could only do it for 30 minutes, then an hour, then a few hours. Eventually I built up to using it all night.

Try using it when you're doing normal things just to get used to it. Wear it while watching TV, on the computer, etc. You'll be amazed at how much better you feel once you're sleeping with it all night.

Make sure the frame, the mask, all of it fit properly. That's key to getting good airflow and being able to wear it all night.

I get the same thing and it’s scary as hell. Was actually thinking of looking around myself for a cpap. I don’t think there is much else that can be done for this thing so even though I have insurance and I know they won’t cover a machine I’m just gonna look around for one myself.

Do it. You'll wish you had done so years ago.

Guys with cpap, how often do you clean the mask, hose and water tray.

I hear different things from every night to 3 times a week etc

Guys with cpap, how often do you clean the mask, hose and water tray.

I hear different things from every night to 3 times a week etc

I rinse the reservoir every night and usually wipe it out. I have to, I use almost all the water every night.

I don't clean the mask or hose nearly as often as I should - typically only once a month. I usually replace the air filter once a month, and I attach an extra fine filter to it to get smaller particles.

I rinse the reservoir every night and usually wipe it out. I have to, I use almost all the water every night.

I don't clean the mask or hose nearly as often as I should - typically only once a month. I usually replace the air filter once a month, and I attach an extra fine filter to it to get smaller particles.

So I been doing it every night on a fluorescent cleaning machine -
East enough as I just put the tray and mask in and press a button

But I forget most days - maybe 2-3 times a week is good

I think you would have noticed by now if only cleaning it once a month would have gotten you sick

Last edited:

I think you would have noticed by now if only cleaning it once a month would have gotten you sick

Totally agree. If you're using clean water every night and changing the air filter regularly what goes through the hose and mask should be pretty safe.

Were there any blood test results that seemed to be a little off that might have provided clues you had apnea?

Also, did anyone NOT snore and still end up having it?

I don't see the sleep doctor for another 3 weeks so all I can do is wait on possibly ruling it out. I need to find out for once and for all whether my chronically elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin is entirely from testosterone.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate some answers to the two questions
I dont snore, my hematocrit and hemaglobin are both raised, and ive been off trt for about 1-1.5 yrs and have sleep apnea ..... Need to get back on my machine

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

What cleaning machine do u have? Is "as seen on tv"? The main one we see these days?

I dont snore, my hematocrit and hemaglobin are both raised, and ive been off trt for about 1-1.5 yrs and have sleep apnea ..... Need to get back on my machine

I think I have symptom-less apnea. I find it hard to believe 140mg TRT can push my HCT to 56+ on its own and any more than that gets it to 60+. If I could get that number down, I would have so much more freedom and room for error if I want to add to my dose.

I’m self diagnosed as well. I snore really bad and every girl that’s ever slept next to me says literally that I stop breathing and then gasp for air. The heavier my weight the worse it gets. I bought a Resmed airsense10. It basically had an auto adjust feature. It’s been really hard getting used to. I bought a really nice full face mask since I’m a mouth breather but I know people sometimes have to try lots of masks to find the right one. I need to stick with it. Sometimes I pull it off in the middle of the night because it is a little harder to breathe through. This is just my experience. I know everyone that uses one with success says they are awesome so I’m really going to try and stick it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same machine and problem. Either I cant fall asleep with it on or take it off after a few hours bc I cant fall back asleep.

Sleeping pills help with compliance but some make me groggy. Seroquel to keep me asleep and melatonin to knock me out seems to work best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Literally my exact experience. Every girl thinks I'm dying. I got the Resmed CPAP. I hated it. It made my throat so dry I would end up pulling it off in the middle of the night. I even had the humidifier tube. Long story short I returned it and just try and deal with the sleep apnea for now. I'm going to have the surgery at some point. My doc said step 1 is they fix your deviated septum in your nose and if that's not enough they go in shave down the back of your throat to open up the air space.

I didn't go through a sleep study, doctor, etc. I purchased a CPAP locally off Craigslist and adjusted the settings to my liking.

I

That is a horrible idea. Having the wrong pressure setting can kill you.

I must have great healthcare because the doc told me to just play with the settings until I found a setting that worked for me. I actually tried to adjust it but just kept ripping it off my face.

First I have ever heard the settings could kill you. I was never told that. If true, quite the omission.

That is a horrible idea. Having the wrong pressure setting can kill you.

Literally my exact experience. Every girl thinks I'm dying. I got the Resmed CPAP. I hated it. It made my throat so dry I would end up pulling it off in the middle of the night. I even had the humidifier tube. Long story short I returned it and just try and deal with the sleep apnea for now. I'm going to have the surgery at some point. My doc said step 1 is they fix your deviated septum in your nose and if that's not enough they go in shave down the back of your throat to open up the air space.

I had basically both those surgeries done at the same time. My insurance company didn't want to, but my DR. who was a top Cardio surgeon showed me the letter he wrote them demanding that they both be done at the same time to save pain and suffering and that he would testify in court if I wanted to sue them, which my states laws don't allow. But they changed their stance and I had them both done at the same time.

I don't recall having any bad blood test results, my sleep apnea was diagnosed a few years ago. I went to the urologist because I had to get up to pee 5 or 6 times/night. The urologist said I most likely had sleep apnea (I told him I was a brutal snorer) and I had conditioned myself into thinking I had to woken to go urinate. However, he later did diagnose me with OAB, which I still think was not correct.

So I did the at home sleep study and the data showed I actually stopped breathing every few minutes. i now have the Phillips BIPAP, self-adjusting with full face-mask. I think it helps quite a bit and I use it every night.

Regarding the OAB, none of the meds prescribed for me worked. In June I was diagnosed with diabetes type II when I spent 8 days in the hospital with a severe cellulitis infection in my left leg and foot. Almost lost the leg. I think now in hindsight the frequent urination problem was actually due to the diabetes, since I'm now taking Levemir daily and that problem has vastly improved.

I had basically both those surgeries done at the same time. My insurance company didn't want to, but my DR. who was a top Cardio surgeon showed me the letter he wrote them demanding that they both be done at the same time to save pain and suffering and that he would testify in court if I wanted to sue them, which my states laws don't allow. But they changed their stance and I had them both done at the same time.

Worth it? How do you sleep now?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner