over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those of you with sleep apnea

Your doctors advocating for you shows shows why he is a top doctor. Most doctors couldnt be bothered. Thet just want to bill your insurance and send you on your way.

I had basically both those surgeries done at the same time. My insurance company didn't want to, but my DR. who was a top Cardio surgeon showed me the letter he wrote them demanding that they both be done at the same time to save pain and suffering and that he would testify in court if I wanted to sue them, which my states laws don't allow. But they changed their stance and I had them both done at the same time.

Worth it? How do you sleep now?

I always slept fine before the surgery at least I didn't wake up. I would just be really tired to the bone when I woke up and feel better the longer I was awake as the brains oxygen levels take some time to get saturated from the reading I did back then. My GF tell me I snore for a few minutes when I first fall asleep now then stop. Not near as tired when I wake up and don't want to dose off all the time, like when I am driving which I used to.

I did my sleep study at home. First time I wore my mask was for a short nap on the sofa. Ended up sleeping on the sofa for over an hour. My wife was next to me crying because she was so happy I was sleeping...and still breathing.

If you need one...get one. It literally will change your life and maybe save it as well. Sleep apnea is no joke.

Doing my sleep study tonight at home. Will find out the results tomorrow afternoon. This is long overdue.

i have sleep ap, and i got a cpap machine, i did feel better every day after i started wearing it but that mask and hose is so fucking annoying i stopped wearing it. to me its worth it bc again, i cant stand that mask.

i have sleep ap, and i got a cpap machine, i did feel better every day after i started wearing it but that mask and hose is so fucking annoying i stopped wearing it. to me its worth it bc again, i cant stand that mask.

Mask is much better than an enlarged heart, a flutter and other types of heart damage caused by sleep apnea.

I just did my sleep study yesterday....all wired up and tubes in my nose.

If it means I'll have a long healthy life I'll wear what I need to.

I bet if a CPAP made everyone big and shredded than most on this board would use one :)

It's all about priority. Perhaps you could try alternate CPAPs to see if another model suits you better.

Just my 2 cents on it...take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Mask is much better than an enlarged heart, a flutter and other types of heart damage caused by sleep apnea.

I bet if a CPAP made everyone big and shredded than most on this board would use one :)

It's all about priority. Perhaps you could try alternate CPAPs to see if another model suits you better.

A lot of big guys have gotten used to feeling like shit that they’ve forgotten what normal is even like.

The hypoxia caused by sleep apnea causes pretty drastic cognitive decline (something a lot of guys call a “fog”) that they live through. Their recovery from their training suffers, hematology profile worsens, and long term cardiovascular issues arise after many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend getting something like the Resmed Swift with the nasal pillows. If you open your mouth with it, then get a chin strap to wear. The combo of the two works great.

https://www.thecpapshop.com/resmed-swift-fx-nasal-pillow-cpap-mask-headgear

So I just found out apnea and acid reflux go hand in hand.
https://www.sleepapnea.org/acid-reflux-gerd-sleep/

How the fuck did NOBODY ever tell me this? I have quite possible the most symptomatic burping/acid feeling in the history of humans, having to endure two endoscopies (one w/ bravo camera), a motility study, and a barium xray, only for those idiots to tell me they didn't know why I had such strong symptoms. Now I find out it's related to fucking sleep apnea? Seriously wtf at every gastroenterologist I have ever seen. I'm so fucking mad right now. Cardiologists should have also told me this when I mentioned my awful burping that chokes me and prevents me from falling asleep quickly at night. When people ask why I tell them don't trust most doctors, this is the shit I mean. Been living with the horrible of debilitating choking burps for years now and all someone had to do was tell me was that it could be apnea.

Last edited:
A lot of big guys have gotten used to feeling like shit that they’ve forgotten what normal is even like.

The hypoxia caused by sleep apnea causes pretty drastic cognitive decline (something a lot of guys call a “fog”) that they live through. Their recovery from their training suffers, hematology profile worsens, and long term cardiovascular issues arise after many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had this HORRIBLE fog since april 2018. It's either related to apnea or hypothyroidism. or both.

Seriously I've felt like complete shit between the burping and the fog for so long now, my whole life is basically seeing doctors nowadays and forcing my social life to happen anyway just because I don't want this to control me. I try to eat the right things, take the right supps, train the right way, etc. and nothing helps. Taking thyroid meds have helped a little but the fog still isn't perfect.

If I have apnea, it will almost be a relief. At least I can treat it and hopefully improve my symptoms to the point I don't end up cancelling plans or dreading them because I feel like shit.

I've had this HORRIBLE fog since april 2018. It's either related to apnea or hypothyroidism. or both.

Seriously I've felt like complete shit between the burping and the fog for so long now, my whole life is basically seeing doctors nowadays and forcing my social life to happen anyway just because I don't want this to control me. I try to eat the right things, take the right supps, train the right way, etc. and nothing helps. Taking thyroid meds have helped a little but the fog still isn't perfect.

If I have apnea, it will almost be a relief. At least I can treat it and hopefully improve my symptoms to the point I don't end up cancelling plans or dreading them because I feel like shit.

Are you going to know results instantaneously or are you going to have to wait for the sleep study findings to be interpreted and relayed to you?

Are you going to know results instantaneously or are you going to have to wait for the sleep study findings to be interpreted and relayed to you?

I find out tomorrow afternoon! Thank goodness. I was supposed to do the study Thursday but got it moved up to tonight. I'll come back with the results

In a roundabout way, a CPAP can play a big role in performance / appearance for someone with sleep apnea.

So much of bodybuilding comes down to recovery abilities. What's one of the best ways to recover? Good quality sleep.

It can be hard enough to get good quality sleep as a bodybuilder with the impacts of certain compounds, hunger when dieting, etc. You can't always control those variables, but you can control sleep apnea.

I was amazed at how much better I felt upon waking and through the day when I first started using my CPAP. After a year of using it nightly I'm at my all-time biggest and strongest. Sleeping so much better nightly has definitely made me a better bodybuilder, and more importantly it's improved my overall health.

So I don’t snore but I went to a doctor at Mayo who made me take home this device that I wore around my finger for the night. I think it measured oxygen and what not but the result was that I DIDNT have sleep apnea. Regardless though I always questioned how accurate this test was being that it was just a device that was attached to one finger all night. Similar to the oxygen reader a doctor puts around your finger when you go the doctors office

Does anyone know how accurate this test was I completed? It sounds like the rest of you guys getting full sleep study’s have all sorts of monitors and things hooked up to you.

So I used what’s called and “oximeter” to test for sleep apnea. How accurate is that?

Inconclusive result. Have to go in to the sleep lab in two weeks.

Did anyone have really really really really really bad brain fog before using a CPAP machine? Did the machine cure it?

Did anyone have really really really really really bad brain fog before using a CPAP machine? Did the machine cure it?

I have major brain fog and memory problems. I don't have a cpap, or ever done a study, but when my weight is up, I get apnea bad. When it's down, it goes away. Most people I know complain of brain fog...well, along with all the other things like being tired and stuff.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131