over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those of you with sleep apnea

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Were there any blood test results that seemed to be a little off that might have provided clues you had apnea?

Also, did anyone NOT snore and still end up having it?

I don't see the sleep doctor for another 3 weeks so all I can do is wait on possibly ruling it out. I need to find out for once and for all whether my chronically elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin is entirely from testosterone.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate some answers to the two questions

Were there any blood test results that seemed to be a little off that might have provided clues you had apnea?

Elevated hematocrit. Pre CPAP my hematocrit would be 55-56 and I'd have to dump 2-3x a year. Now it's rarely elevated.

Also, not a blood test but my normal oxygen saturation pre CPAP was low 90's.

The only thing for me was high hematocrit.

My snoring was really bad. But my main indicator I had sleep apnea was literally waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air. That's a freaky experience.

I didn't go through a sleep study, doctor, etc. I purchased a CPAP locally off Craigslist and adjusted the settings to my liking.

It made a profound difference in how I felt waking up and energy during the day once I was wearing it all night. I wish I had gotten one much sooner. It's the best quality sleep I've had as a bodybuilder.

My snoring was really bad. But my main indicator I had sleep apnea was literally waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air. That's a freaky experience.

I didn't go through a sleep study, doctor, etc. I purchased a CPAP locally off Craigslist and adjusted the settings to my liking.

It made a profound difference in how I felt waking up and energy during the day once I was wearing it all night. I wish I had gotten one much sooner. It's the best quality sleep I've had as a bodybuilder.

Which one did you get? And what was the calibration like?

I’m self diagnosed as well. I snore really bad and every girl that’s ever slept next to me says literally that I stop breathing and then gasp for air. The heavier my weight the worse it gets. I bought a Resmed airsense10. It basically had an auto adjust feature. It’s been really hard getting used to. I bought a really nice full face mask since I’m a mouth breather but I know people sometimes have to try lots of masks to find the right one. I need to stick with it. Sometimes I pull it off in the middle of the night because it is a little harder to breathe through. This is just my experience. I know everyone that uses one with success says they are awesome so I’m really going to try and stick it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a tremendous snorer but don’t have sleep apnea according to the sleep study - but due to the heavy snoring I had low oxygen levels - I got the APAP machine which automatically adjusts the setting according to your breathing

The thing I notice more than anything is my BP is down a good 10-15 points...maybe more
Was always 140s-90s now 120s-70s

Best thing I could have done for myself

I’m self diagnosed as well. I snore really bad and every girl that’s ever slept next to me says literally that I stop breathing and then gasp for air. The heavier my weight the worse it gets. I bought a Resmed airsense10. It basically had an auto adjust feature. It’s been really hard getting used to. I bought a really nice full face mask since I’m a mouth breather but I know people sometimes have to try lots of masks to find the right one. I need to stick with it. Sometimes I pull it off in the middle of the night because it is a little harder to breathe through. This is just my experience. I know everyone that uses one with success says they are awesome so I’m really going to try and stick it out.

I've seen apnea and even snoring improve and worsen in people as weight/body fat levels fluctuate up and down. The leaner they get, the more the symptoms resolve.

You should try a ResMed swift nasal canula and then use a chin strap to help keep your mouth shut. It's a better option if you can't handle a full face. "Mouth Tape" also works for this purpose.

https://www.amazon.com/PRIMADA-Prem...gateway&sprefix=CPAP+chin+star,aps,175&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Strips...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I had a sleep study done is how I found out. I never felt fully rested. If you need one I would wear it. It makes such a huge difference.

Also was anyone able to do an at home sleep study?

Mine was a home sleep study since my insurance would t cover the office sleep study
My sleep doc said there’s maybe a 5% difference

Seems easier to do at home since it will probably be easier to fall asleep. I assume that’s a newer option.

Also no waiting for an appointment to a sleep center

Did you guys have high RDW's on blood tests? I used to always get a high one (17-19 I think) but now it's been normal for a few years (13).

Also, I've read elevated CRP, A1C, and EPO can provide clues
https://kogo.iheart.com/content/2018-06-19-a-blood-test-could-detect-sleep-apnea/

Never had EPO tested before personally.

I know we've talked about this on different occasions.

Hypoxia (OSA)--->erythropoietic stimuli.

AAS--->erythropoietic stimuli.

Thyroid hormones in excess--->erythropoietic stimuli.

I know we've talked about this on different occasions.

Hypoxia (OSA)--->erythropoietic stimuli.

AAS--->erythropoietic stimuli.

Thyroid hormones in excess--->erythropoietic stimuli.

I actually had no idea thyroid hormones could stimulate that and raise H/H. Shit.

I actually had no idea thyroid hormones could stimulate that and raise H/H. Shit.

It's been observed in hyperthyroidism individuals.

Seems easier to do at home since it will probably be easier to fall asleep. I assume that’s a newer option.

Also no waiting for an appointment to a sleep center

I did a sleep study at a facility and it didn't go very well. I wasn't able to fall asleep at all really. I need one to be done at home in my own bed.

Which one did you get? And what was the calibration like?

Philips Respironics Dreamstation. I read user experiences on sleep apnea message boards to gauge where I should be and went by trial and error from there.

I've seen apnea and even snoring improve and worsen in people as weight/body fat levels fluctuate up and down. The leaner they get, the more the symptoms resolve.

I can do ok without mine when my weight's in the 220s. 230s and up and I need it even with single digit body fat.

I get the same thing and it’s scary as hell. Was actually thinking of looking around myself for a cpap. I don’t think there is much else that can be done for this thing so even though I have insurance and I know they won’t cover a machine I’m just gonna look around for one myself.

I am sorry for you guys not getting coverage for the cpap. I have worn my mask 100% of all nights since i got it. I was fucked before and just wanted help. After a few months i feel much, much better.

Have to get bloods done soon again and will compare then.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner