over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those who EAT when HUNGRY

I just did my first show 2 weeks ago. I want to use a more intuitive approach to diet but my body is saying eat eat eat eat!!!!! I can't tell if I'm hungry or if my body is just excited. Could you contest vets tell me if this subsides a bit?

sorry this is a little off topic from where the thread was going lol

HAahahhahaah

I just did my first show 2 weeks ago. I want to use a more intuitive approach to diet but my body is saying eat eat eat eat!!!!! I can't tell if I'm hungry or if my body is just excited. Could you contest vets tell me if this subsides a bit?

sorry this is a little off topic from where the thread was going lol

Eat now.........relax, re energize.........

No way............but BCAA before training on an empty stomach is great! LBA from trueprotein is so cheap........it makes up for the shipping cost.........just order a lot at a time if possible............you wont regret it, money well spent

Bumping an oldie but a goodie - I've just purchased 6 bottles of LBAs from trueprotein and after shipping and customs charges it worked out at 24.96GBP per bottle - which is pretty affordable.

Thought some UK forum members find it useful.

are the macros on this type of eating schedule where phil and guidance come into play. wondering b/c if someone were to experiment w/this i am assuming off season is the time asses then tweak as diet rolls.
also macros all not being created equal, are the types of foods consumed your standard bb foods or can hunger be met with a little more slack?

are the macros on this type of eating schedule where phil and guidance come into play. wondering b/c if someone were to experiment w/this i am assuming off season is the time asses then tweak as diet rolls.
also macros all not being created equal, are the types of foods consumed your standard bb foods or can hunger be met with a little more slack?

a few things to consider. when switching to this type of eating there is going to be a learning curve. meaning learning your body and how it processes different foods.

The idea being to consume foods in a set of macros, and food choices that your body efficiently processes and uses. this does a couple of different things. first when you get it right your hungry quite often. this allows for a surplus of protien, the right carbs, and the right fats to be consumed allowing you to grow. It can be used for dieting down as well but only after you know how your going to react to YOUR set of foods and macro's. Hiring Phil is really a great way to take the guess work out of this as well, but it takes time.

here is an example, i literally ate 25 min ago, i was full and now i can feel the full feeling leaving and hunger will be here pretty soon. ill probably be ready to eat again in the next hour. that means in 60-90 min i will consume 100G protien, now do the math for that over the course of a whole day and you can see where the quantity of protien will go. After some time just thinking about it it just kind of clicks and you go "oh yeah! i get it."

but wouldn't it balance out when you then are not hungry for a longer time after that because you have now met your needs for the time being. I find it very difficult to believe anybody would keep up the pace throughout an entire day. I find some days 30 min after meal, ravenously hungry. if I then eat, I obviously had two meals within a short time and am full for quite some time.
I guess where i am confused is the amounts and types of food.
I don't know too many people, if any, that can eat 50 grams of protein, 50-100 grams cho, and 10-15 grams of fat of every hour, to hour and a half. (just generalizing amounts as a typical bodybuilder friendly, high nutrient quality meal).
I am guessing these amounts of carbs and fats would have to be drastically reduced each meal to keep the hunger high, but I don't know if that is the case here?
thanks for discussing

but wouldn't it balance out when you then are not hungry for a longer time after that because you have now met your needs for the time being. I find it very difficult to believe anybody would keep up the pace throughout an entire day. I find some days 30 min after meal, ravenously hungry. if I then eat, I obviously had two meals within a short time and am full for quite some time.
I guess where i am confused is the amounts and types of food.
I don't know too many people, if any, that can eat 50 grams of protein, 50-100 grams cho, and 10-15 grams of fat of every hour, to hour and a half. (just generalizing amounts as a typical bodybuilder friendly, high nutrient quality meal).
I am guessing these amounts of carbs and fats would have to be drastically reduced each meal to keep the hunger high, but I don't know if that is the case here?
thanks for discussing

Its all about the food choices. Phil feel free to chime in here, we played with my macros countless times, as well as food choices to actually slow down my eating. the combination of training, with the right diet and youll be pretty damn hungry all the damn time. ill take in 400-500 grams of protien eating this way every day. The actual sources of nutrients are VERRY VERRY important in this.

its 6:30 pm here now, ive had one meal since my last post and i have Tilapia in the oven right now.

so as to my original question, it sounds like you are saying there is no slack at all with the foods.
find a food you digest the fastest, and eat only those foods when you are hungry??

I guess no cheesecake? :naughty:

so as to my original question, it sounds like you are saying there is no slack at all with the foods.
find a food you digest the fastest, and eat only those foods when you are hungry??

I guess no cheesecake? :naughty:

Cheesecake is unfortunately out of the question, but yes you have the basic idea. but thats only the basics. It gets detailed from there, depending on what your trying to manipulate. Thats where Phil comes in. OH one important part is the LBA's between meals.

After some time just thinking about it it just kind of clicks and you go "oh yeah! i get it."

SO TRUE. :lightbulb:

eating when YOU ARE HUNGRY every 2 hours is MILES AWAY from simply eating every 2 hours. It's like you are essentially doing the same thing either way......but one way is monotonous, repetitive, etc.....and the other way is FUN mealtime is no longer a chore :D

I'm new to all of this eating when hungry program per Phils guidlines. I have a few questions to toss out here.

Do you no longer consider a post workout carb drink?
What about end of day meals. Example say I ate my perfect macro balanced meal at 5:30 to 6:00pm (4th or 5th meal of the day) I then trained at 6:30 to 7:00 ish. I walk back upstairs, work out side a bit, shower and soon it's 9:00 my normal egg white meal time but I'm not hungry for it. So, i'm winding down to bed time 10:30ish. At this point no post training meal. Time for bed. I wake up a minimum of 4 times a night. Sure I'll be hungry now. Question: what do you guys do? Eat a meal? Have a LBA meal, snacks, icecream.

Just wonder how far into the night you follow the eat when hungry plan.

I know darn well I have a body clock to reset here. I also know this type of eating keeps us leaner. I ended up dropping 5 or 6# eating 3000 calories a day with little cardio.
Thanks for you thoughts,
K

Kind of individual...

I'm new to all of this eating when hungry program per Phils guidlines. I have a few questions to toss out here.

What about end of day meals. Example say I ate my perfect macro balanced meal at 5:30 to 6:00pm (4th or 5th meal of the day) I then trained at 6:30 to 7:00 ish. I walk back upstairs, work out side a bit, shower and soon it's 9:00 my normal egg white meal time but I'm not hungry for it. So, i'm winding down to bed time 10:30ish. At this point no post training meal. Time for bed. I wake up a minimum of 4 times a night. Sure I'll be hungry now. Question: what do you guys do? Eat a meal? Have a LBA meal, snacks, icecream.

I know darn well I have a body clock to reset here. I also know this type of eating keeps us leaner. I ended up dropping 5 or 6# eating 3000 calories a day with little cardio.
Thanks for you thoughts,
K

Hey K, there's the "simple" answer and then the "complex" answer :)

Simple: "eat when hungry" hahaha... seriously though- it is that "simple" in one sense... don't go by the clock (post-workout, "pre-bed meal", etc, etc). Some days I'll go several hours without eating, other days, I eat a meal and two hours later I'm hungry again, so I eat. The only time I really try to watch my meal is when I take peptides (I try to take them either two hours after my last meal or 20 minutes before my next to not blunt their affect).

Complex: "eat when hungry" hahaha... what I mean is (and after 6 months, I'm JUST STARTING to get a feel for this so I am in the same boat as you are) what are the signs for YOUR body that you are hungry? For most, it is the "empty stomach" feeling BUT as my program has changed recently, there are times I feel my body "telling" me I "should" have a meal (yes, can be subjective and you have to discern between eating b/c of boredom or b/c you have to). Here is where Phil would say you need to watch the scale and the mirror to help you discern if you are right. For example- sometimes, I will PHYSICALLY feel hungry for 3 meals, BUT, I will also "feel" a need for 2 meals during the day (total of 5 meals). I'm eating more often (about 1-2 extra meals than I used to) but the scale is about the same and the mirror is a bit better.

Time my friend, time :D

Good question

Thanks for you thoughts,
K

The key here is for you to reach YOUR GOALS........you can control how lean you want to be....watch the scale and the mirror AND your strength WITH your hunger........

tks

Myosin and Phil,

Thanks for both of your responses.

I came to Phil because I do want to step outside the box I have been in for 10 plus years. I believe in the saying "if you do what you always did you will get what you always got". NO question Phil has me rethinking training and nutrition in a big way. I guess My first question to Phil should have been "Is it possible to teach an OLD dawg (me) a new tricks?" I'm trying my best to stop looking at that damn CLOCK!! From what I read from this thread many dudes struggle at first. FYI as I type this post it's 10:30am this would be 1 hour later then when I would normally be having my 2nd meal of the day. I will say I'm starting to feel a stir in my hairy belly.

Thanks again guys. I'm sure you will see me posting on this thread again for feed back.

K

phil

LBA's are not available in the UK and would need to be ordered from the US, which not only is costly for shiping but also if you run out you have to wait for several days. do you feel that bcaa powder taken regularly between meals would act as a reasonable substitute??

I recall a member here importing TP's LBA's and with shipping/charges it was around £25 per bottle.

You can buy 3 bottles here (£10.99 each) with free shipping, which works out cheaper.

Im allways Hungry as hell on my days off so i drink to tons of water.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear