over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those who EAT when HUNGRY

Why 600 pro? how did you know that you need that much of pro? don't you think that much is overkill?...Dosen't most of that protine turn to carb in the end.....not to flame you, just wan't to understand...

Why 600 pro? how did you know that you need that much of pro? don't you think that much is overkill?...Dosen't most of that protine turn to carb in the end.....not to flame you, just wan't to understand...

Protein doesn't turn to carb. That is false info. I agree that 600 grams of protein seems to be overkill unless of course he is low carbing in which case, higher protein intake does seem necessary so that he doesn't lose muscle.

Here is the issue

Protein doesn't turn to carb. That is false info. I agree that 600 grams of protein seems to be overkill unless of course he is low carbing in which case, higher protein intake does seem necessary so that he doesn't lose muscle.

Too much protein had many disadvantages yes.......if you lose muscle unless you take in 600 grams a day then you have a disease process going on. But, to answer your question, out of the 3 macronutrients, protein is the least likely to be turned to fat. The body has to convert excess proteins to glucose .........then that glucose has to circulate around the body.............. then it would have to be converted to a lipid........... and then it could be stored as fat.

when i was a kid, and i mean 12 years old, i had no problem packing down a large pizza, and in Philly that was oh at least an 18 inch pie. when i was growing up there was tons of chicken, fish and red meat. i never got fat no matter what i ate. a quart of ice cream, no problem. but i didnt like ice cream, i liked meat and pasta and rice. so after dinner if i got hungry i ate the leftovers. and usually i was just eating the meat. i always loved meat. i still cant get enough of the stuff. now my appetite is much bigger then when i was 12. its not that hard for me to eat 16oz of any meat or fish in one sitting. i have no idea why. i dont get full verry easily. and after i eat 12 oz(my average per meal) of meat plus veg and or starch, im hungry in an hour. the only reason i know im at 600 grams a day(again an average) is because i log my food intake. i dont think about eating that much, i just eat when i get hungry. and i eat what i like. MEAT.

now because i know what my body likes to have and about how often it likes it i can plan my meals. i can adjust macro nutrients, to serve a function. i can eat by the clock because i could always eat by the clock. i know if i eat this, in x amount of time im going to be hungry. its not the clock on your wall. its the clock my body tells me to go by.

i hope that explains things for you. again doing what i do will not yield you any results. you need to figure out what it is your body needs. what i know is that im getting the best results of my life now. and i have Phil to thank for teaching me how to pay attention. thats all it is guys. just pay attention.

BINGO! I think this is something VERY overlooked by bodybuilders...they are told what foods bodybuilders "should eat" like whey, chicken, brown rice, oatmeal, ect and thats all they eat...without paying attention to how their body responds to it...it always makes me laugh hearing people talk about how bloated and stuffed they feel from all the cals their eating...thinking its a good thing...when in fact it could be what their eating not the amount making them feel that way and they are therefor selling themselves short.

every champion ate that way...every champion was bloated in the offseason at their highest...where are hiding these champions...
another question-would it be possible to build lean freaky 250-300lbs physique without force feeding, eating only when hungry apples, bananas, lbas, oil and fish? I think being such muscular is against nature, no way your body wants to be such heavy and muscular and no way it will tell you to eat amount of food which required to get to 250-300. but guess I'm wrong...

Dont think in totals. i eat around 600 grams of protien a day. because thats how much my body is telling me to feed it. if it was telling me 300 id eat 300. see where im going?

look at eating like this.

you want to build a house. you have 2 options. the first option is to get the materials delivered exactly when you need them. the other option is to get every last piece delivered to the construction site at once, leaving the building site a mess and clogged up. it would make the actual process of building the house twice as difficult. hunger is NOT an EMPTY STOMACH. Hunger is a hormonal signal sent ot the brain when your body needs nutrients. your body will ask you for what it needs when it needs it.

How do you know that you need so much protein?

I don't know anyone who have added more than 10-15lbs contest weight a year...let's say 15 lbs,that's 1.25lbs or 570g a month or 19g a day...70% of muscle is water, 30 muscle - so in theory you can gain only 5.7g muscle a day,so why to take 600g protein if only ~1/100 of it becomes muscle?

every champion ate that way...every champion was bloated in the offseason at their highest...where are hiding these champions...
another question-would it be possible to build lean freaky 250-300lbs physique without force feeding, eating only when hungry apples, bananas, lbas, oil and fish? I think being such muscular is against nature, no way your body wants to be such heavy and muscular and no way it will tell you to eat amount of food which required to get to 250-300. but guess I'm wrong...

Not everyone is meant to be a champion...just because some people can get away with it doesn't mean everyone else can too. No, I agree with you on what it takes to get to a lean freaky 250-300...but regardless of how much force feeding and bloated someone is willing to get in the offeason its not in the cards for most...actually only for a few.

Also...I dont see anywhere in my post where it says people should only eat apples, banas, LBAs, oil and fish because thats not the point i was trying to make. What i was saying is people need to find out what works for them and their body...a diet is just like a training routine...some exercises work better for some that others...you just need to find out what works for you...

Last edited:
something that phil said to me that i had also read before made alot of sense that goes with this.

As we all know or should know the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. this initself will mean an increase in metabolism and i imagine for most an increase in hunger.

the bigger you get and the more muscle you add on the more cals/protein etc you will need. Also your apetite will increase.

It makes alot of sense to how phils approach works. you eat when hungry. the more muscle you put on the hungrier you become so the more food you eat and you grow more and the process is repeated.

I have been following phils programme for around a month with 1 cheat meal in their. i have stuck to it 100% and in that time i have droped 10-12lb or so and my strength has gone up. I have had 2 compliments in the gym and 1 off my mum which was the shocking one that i am looking bigger.

all this to me means i am making improvements and i am happy. its hard to get ure head round and i still struggle now so maybe my IQ is borderline for this diet but im still learning and still improving so cant complain :)

regarding the high protein in a recent kia green video i watched he said somedays he will eat 1000g protein other days 500g protein. it depends how he feels(i presume this us hunger he was refering to) sounds similar to what phil preachers.

thats the same info almost from 2 pro's who i really admire for their physiques. thats good enough for me

Yes

But you are missin gthe point here.....you miss the concept........no offense to anyone here but....THIS IS NOT EASY.....YOU NEED TO BE AN INTELLIGENT PRESON TO EVEN FIGURE THIS OUT.....It is not as easy as just eat when hungry......This routine is not for people with average IQ I believe, it just is not and anyone can ask my clients, this diet takes an intelligent person to execute.

I often question if I am smart enough to eat and train like this.

I often question if I am smart enough to eat and train like this.

Me too. Fortunately Phil is very highly tolerant of my questions. I am still figuring it out after a couple months.
The system is genius and requires some of us to unlearn old habits. For me the old approach of eating by the clock is counter-intuitive. While eating when hungry makes absolute sense. However old habits are difficult to unlearn. I am getting there and having great success with Phil’s help.

Yes

Me too. Fortunately Phil is very highly tolerant of my questions. I am still figuring it out after a couple months.
The system is genius and requires some of us to unlearn old habits. For me the old approach of eating by the clock is counter-intuitive. While eating when hungry makes absolute sense. However old habits are difficult to unlearn. I am getting there and having great success with Phil’s help.

And you are doing great....you look right on schedule for what YOU want....help me help you is a good motto.....believe that you are smart enough to do this and guide me along YOUR PATH... I am there every step to answer questions, concerns......straighten the ship so to speak.

Phil after september 5th I would like to start your mass gaining program. Can you pm me what I need to do and costs please?

Great thread! This makes complete sense to me. I have allways believed that the body is intelligent. My question is this: If you wake up hungry at night should you eat or does it mean that you have not eaten enough during the day?

Great thread! This makes complete sense to me. I have allways believed that the body is intelligent. My question is this: If you wake up hungry at night should you eat or does it mean that you have not eaten enough during the day?

Great question!

Man! This is a good thread. I have been working with Phil since ever since "2005" and within this last year I am finally tuning in with my body. This year will be pretty cool to see the results and what I bring for the next one. But I do agree with the above that the more muscle you gain or have your body will tell you.

And like above some of us have to undo the old habits.....

Well

Since we " slow" dow nat night, I believe yo udid not eat enough during the day....or else you are confusing thirst with hunger.

Been about a year with Phil and im still learning and im sure he'll agree i still ask many question...many being probably stupid questions too...Its a constant challenge and a constant learning curve.
That being said from this time last year when i had been previously eating by the clock to now eating when hungry im looking to be about 8kg heavier on stage, or there abouts...:D...So does it work...Damn right it does..:D and another good thing i don't appear to have any cravings for the naughty but nice foods as i used to when eating by the clock on a restricted show diet..:)

Since we " slow" dow nat night, I believe yo udid not eat enough during the day....or else you are confusing thirst with hunger.

Thank you Phil! That makes sense! Ever heard the saying: "Common sense is uncommon"

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws