advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

for those who have competed 2 weeks in a row...

db006

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
how did it work out for you? did you eat anything post show, or diet straight through? how did you feel your conditioning was week to week?

ive have done 2 in 3 weeks, and i was very happy with physique at both shows. def two diff looks. well anyway im about to compete two weeks in a row, in about 8 weeks and im just wondering what im in store for. the first one im driving 5 and half hours to the pa states, and then flying to cleveland the next thurs for the NA's. seems like its gonna be a very testing 2 weeks.

I'll say this - don't underestimate how carb depleted and hard on your body the 1st show it. You need to recover from that or risk losing muscle for for the 2nd show.

I found that I could carb up (with some control) for 3-4 solid days, enjoy of bit of a rebound, and then drop water for two days (Thurs, Fri., for a Sat show) and look even better for the 2nd show.

Of course, if you're using pharm. diuretics, it can be a whole different story trying to get your water balance back...

-R

Last year I had competed in 3 shows in 4 weeks. I was happy with the first show in which I had taken the overall, could be why I was happy. LOL. I ran taraxatone only for the 1st show. Had junk all night and a little bit for breakfast then dialed it back in for the 2nd. Which I felt I looked my best. I ran aldactone for that show. It flattened me out and couldn't get a solid pump, but felt I looked my best. Then took 3 days off completely and pigged out and then had a week and a half to pull it back together and lost too much muscle and was smooth. I like 2 in a row, but 3 was deffinately too much.

DB,

I worked with Justin this past year and I did two shows in a row. I won the overall of the first show and the LH class of the second. Got beat by a freak on the second show. LOL

Anyway Justin didn't have me do anything different the first week and I won the overall and I was MUCH better the 2nd week.

Other important points, too.

If you have fine tuning to do that you pick up on from the 1st show, you can look much better for the 2nd.

Also, if you still have fat to lose from the 1st show, you can use the 1st show to do so (not intentionally per se - its simply that, if you drop carbs, do all that posing, etc. you'll expend a good bit of energy) and look better for the 2nd show.

-R

yea im hoping to look good at both shows, but i realize the possible room for improvement for the second one. im not worrying about a certain weight class this year, so more food will be involved.:D

Last year I did 2 shows in 2 weeks...Looked like shit for the first one...ate for a couple days put on 18 pounds and weighed in less than the week before and looked a lot better...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131