YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those who want to get blood clot factors tested....

NEMSZ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
We spoke about these tests in the John Meadows thread and I found a place that has these tests for fairly cheap in comparison to other places.. Some places have them for upwards of $300-$500 EACH and some places don’t have them at all.. I got Factor V and Factor II tested from this site for around $330.. I got tested last Friday and received results today so I can say it works.. It goes through Quest Diagnostics..

Just thought I’d share the information since a hefty price tag that usually goes with these tests may keep some of you from getting tested and it’s good knowledge to have...

I guess you tested negative to both? I hope so.

I guess you tested negative to both? I hope so.

Yes sir, NEGATIVE on both.. Thankfully...

I was checking my email for results 100x a day lol and it came within the time frame advertised too, I thought maybe it would be delayed a bit because of the Covid situation but nope..

The peace of mind is definitely worth it...

Smart move. Now if you ever gave kids you know that you can't pass it on to them. Just gotta wonder about the wife!

Thanks for this. I need the Prothrombin test. Already had Factor V (negative) several years ago.

We spoke about these tests in the John Meadows thread and I found a place that has these tests for fairly cheap in comparison to other places.. Some places have them for upwards of $300-$500 EACH and some places don’t have them at all.. I got Factor V and Factor II tested from this site for around $330.. I got tested last Friday and received results today so I can say it works.. It goes through Quest Diagnostics..

Just thought I’d share the information since a hefty price tag that usually goes with these tests may keep some of you from getting tested and it’s good knowledge to have...

Did you have any particular reason to get those specific protein coagulopathies tested or was it out of academic curiosity?

Did you have any particular reason to get those specific protein coagulopathies tested or was it out of academic curiosity?

No other reason other than anxiety driven curiosity lol

I mean, I’ve been taking my health more seriously the last few years and when you hear guys like John Meadows having health issues young (albeit could be genetic etc) I just wanted the peace of mind.. Maldorf is another that has inspired me to take my health seriously.. His case is proof that you can have a genetic issue and either suffer it or not, and whether we want to see it or not, drugs can come into play.. He had a clot and heart attack at 38, his mom and uncle I believe also have the genetic factor but are in their 70’s-80’s and never had an issue. So what contributed? Bad luck? Drugs? Who really 100% knows. But we can always check, double check and over check ourselves to make sure we’re ok and will be ok..

No other reason other than anxiety driven curiosity lol

I mean, I’ve been taking my health more seriously the last few years and when you hear guys like John Meadows having health issues young (albeit could be genetic etc) I just wanted the peace of mind.. Maldorf is another that has inspired me to take my health seriously.. His case is proof that you can have a genetic issue and either suffer it or not, and whether we want to see it or not, drugs can come into play.. He had a clot and heart attack at 38, his mom and uncle I believe also have the genetic factor but are in their 70’s-80’s and never had an issue. So what contributed? Bad luck? Drugs? Who really 100% knows. But we can always check, double check and over check ourselves to make sure we’re ok and will be ok..

That seems reasonable enough.

That seems reasonable enough.
When taking the risks like bodybuilders do with PEDs, it makes sense to try and be safe and check for problems. If a clotting factor is found, that obviously affects the risk vs reward ratio, and one should reevaluate. Wish I had known. We didn't know it was in the family. If I had known, I would have done things differently.

Would PT, INR and PTT be enough to know if you have a clotting disorder or not? I’ve had those done and they’re normal - but not sure if I would need more. Also how often are you supposed to get these tests done?

Would PT, INR and PTT be enough to know if you have a clotting disorder or not? I’ve had those done and they’re normal - but not sure if I would need more. Also how often are you supposed to get these tests done?

I don’t think so, the tests I posted above test for genetic mutations in your blood causing clotting disorders.. I would think you can have a normal PT etc and still have the mutation, just a matter of what causes it to trigger and when it decides to be triggered.. Especially if you’re playing with AAS which definitely could have a deciding factor in triggering something like that or not, despite what most on here want to believe.

There’s a bunch of guys on here that have Factor V or Factor II or both and have suffered health issues..

I think a one time test for these Factor mutations is enough. You either have them or you don’t... But maybe someone who’s had experience like Maldorf can confirm that..

Yeah, I don't see any other test other than the DNA being worthwhile to diagnose one of the clotting disorders. IMO, doing an INR is a bit like doing an EKG for the heart. Each could fall into the normal category and yet you have an underlying problem.

Yeah, I don't see any other test other than the DNA being worthwhile to diagnose one of the clotting disorders. IMO, doing an INR is a bit like doing an EKG for the heart. Each could fall into the normal category and yet you have an underlying problem.

maldorf, would insurance cover these tests? Thanks

maldorf, would insurance cover these tests? Thanks
That I can't predict. I think mine was paid for, but I had just suffered a big blood clot and massive heart attack. I'm not even 100% sure mine was paid for, its been more than 10 years now and I forget. My parents were on Medicare and I think theirs was paid, since their son had a clot/ heart attack.

Most insurance has at least a $ 3000 deductible these days, so even if it is "paid" for, you'll have to pay. It will count toward your deductible. You should get the price discounted through the insurance. They never pay full price.

My advice is to call your insurance company and ask them.

Curiously, I noticed one of the tests they ran on my blood involved using cobra venom!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131