over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For you Post w/o simple sugar guys

I used to race mountain bikes sport class. GT. I can assure you that ingesting dextrose, sucrose, or whatever fast acting "sugar" I had available not only gave me energy to keep going during a 25-30 mile race but also quickly got me into a state of recovery after the race. Feeling weak & dizzy just slam down a bottle of Cytomax and POP. You were up and running in no time. It is something that you can actually feel as a performance enhancer. Your muscles quickly ingest these sugars as a prefered energy source. It cannot be consider dangerous to an athletes health. Maybe these Dr.S studies are just designed to appeal to the millions of obese sedentary individuals that sit on the couch and eat all day long.

I'm wondering whether "sugar" (whatever that is) is really so dangerous when used to replenish glycogen stores in healthy athletes?

As you said, lab rats on ridiculously high sugar diets & gym rats using relatively moderate doses of sugar may have differing results...

I hope DR.S gets back on here to clarify the nitty gritty details of his opinion...

(A bunch of studies done on lab rats & non athletes doesn't necessarilly prove too much. I went down his entire list of references & couldn't find even one reference including the word "athlete". Perhaps I missed one or two, but since athletes reasonable healthfully consume 3 times more protien than "healthy adults", I think there's gotta be more athlete specific studies done if anyone's gonna draw any solid conclusions here.)

I'm sure that he didn't mean for the post to be understood as sugar was bad for you . . . but more on the lines that overconsumption of sugar can lead to all the things listed. Overconsumption of anything, including water, is bad for you and can kill you. But the studies are legit and the results pretty consistent about the overconsumption of sugar.

I'm sure that he didn't mean for the post to be understood as sugar was bad for you . . . but more on the lines that overconsumption of sugar can lead to all the things listed. Overconsumption of anything, including water, is bad for you and can kill you. But the studies are legit and the results pretty consistent about the overconsumption of sugar.

No. Actually if you go back and read his opening statement he wrote the following quote.......
"It's Detrimental to your health, and ironically, probably unnecessary for building muscle"
This was directed at people that use sugar for bodybuilding. Im not trying to pick a fight or argue with anybody but I felt it necessary to defend myself.

Last edited:
No. Actually if you go back and read his opening statement he wrote the following quote.......
"It's Detrimental to your health, and ironically, probably unnecessary for building muscle"
This was directed at people that use sugar for bodybuilding. Im not trying to pick a fight or argue with anybody but I felt it necessary to defend myself.

Good quote Johnny, but you missed this little jem of fearmongering propaganda:

"Sugar suppresses your immune system, causing problems with allergies & digestive disorders. It can even lead to depression"

While I can't argue against the sound science used to determine the "can" or "may" sort of statement, stating factually that sugar suppresses your immune system seems irresponsible when stated in the absence of other causal co-factors such as sedentary lifestyle and/or malnutrition to put things in perspective.

Hummingbirds thrive on natural sugars. They are supremely athletic, making human plyometrics capacity & stamina look utterly sluggish by comparisson. It's true that their natural floral nectar sugars are likely much higher in minerals & other co-nutrients than our refined sugar, but then hummingbirds don't eat salads, vegetable plates, whole fruits ot take high quality supplements to replenish minerals lost through sugar metabolism, do they?

Chromium apparently helps regulate sugar metabolism, but Dr S didn't mention that to us did he?

Last edited:
sugar causes aids? u fuckin kiddin me? kinda goes contrary to how I was aware aids was spread...

One thing that I find very dangerous about sugar is when you pour wayyyy to much of it in your coffee. Yuch ! Makes a digusting sludge on the bottom of your mug and it just destroys the coffee. Might as well start over with a fresh cup. Come to think of it.............. Ive ruined my iced tea before as well. Hmmmm.................... Maybe there is something to this post after all. Too much sugar does kinda suck.

Only sugar im getting is from Vegetables and Fruits.

Only sugar im getting is from Vegetables and Fruits.
Vegetables and Fruits??? Stop eating that sh*t before it kills you...Everyone who eats that stuff is going to die! My grandparents ate fruits and veggies and they died, so did their parents. As a mater of fact everyone I know who has died ate vegetables and fruits so I'm not going to take the chance.

Pass the bag of gummy bears please.

Vegetables and Fruits??? Stop eating that sh*t before it kills you...Everyone who eats that stuff is going to die! My grandparents ate fruits and veggies and they died, so did their parents. As a mater of fact everyone I know who has died ate vegetables and fruits so I'm not going to take the chance.

Sure with 1G of Gear in your ass Eating Candy and Sugar Post Workout Wont do jack shit.

But for a Girl or Someone that nots Taking 5 Compound at the same time, Carbohydrates Manipulation matters.

Btw I saw your Picture you post a couple months Ago. Yes you look great... Im giving you that LOT of mass With GREAT Bodyfat, But those little Love Handles Are From Poor Insulin Sensitivity.

That's right!

And look @ Kieth Richards too!

He doesn't eat fruits & vegetables, but with smoking & drinking & doing every recreational drug he can get his hands on he's successfully prevented any microbes from invading his body. If Kieth were to start eating fruit & vegetables, there might be a tiny speck of organic soil in a clump of broccoli & cause him a nasty life threatening infection!

Also, by embalming himself before dying, he's saving on funeral costs against his estate. He's leaving as much as he can 4 his loved ones!

Now that's love...

(On a serious note, Kieth Richards has actually willed his body to science as the scientists are "dying" to see what's keeping him alive. Going by all the fear mongering that's being churned out by the media, he should have keeled over decades ago. It's either genetics or the grace of God, or both...)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member