advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Force feeding...do you guys get sick of it?

jackedrabbit

Registered
Seems like when I begin a mass gaining phase and I'm eating a great deal of clean foods, I enjoy it for the first month or so but then as the cals approach 4K or so, I get sick of it real quick. I start needing a change of foods, and then I slack and miss meals...

Right now I feel that intense need to change my foods up, as I've been eating the same thing every day for every meal now for the past few months. I fear that soon, I'll stop eating altogether and I'll never grow into the 200's as I want to and be forever stuck at 190's...lol.

I weigh my foods out on a scale so I know how much I'm eating. 4K is what I need to grow..I have a fast metabolism and overall I'm kinda jumpy and move around a lot. I like taking stairs, walking around even when I don't need to...I'm just always moving or feel the need to, on top of training. So I burn through food but just get sick of always eating.

When I cut, the food intake feels right. Until I get to the last couple pounds or last weeks out from a show then I get real hungry. But 2700-3000 calories feels about right for me.

I think if I stopped AAS and stopped training, my body would go right back down to 130-140 pounds. It's where I naturally have always been. My body's set point I guess.

So do you guys force it down when trying to put on lean mass? Or do you slack too at times? I feel like I'm doing a good job, just not sure how often you all feel this way too when you're eating every 2-3 hours and eating at least 600-800 cals each time.

my appetite has always been strange

some bulking cycles ive been able to eat 6000k without hastle, and all from quality food liek meat, wholegrain breads, steak, rice, potatoes etc

then other bulks ive struggled to ever hit this number even with garbage food, mc donalds burgers, chocolate, lollies, soft drinks donuts, protien mass shkes, you name it

it really has been strange for me, i now just eat a combination of both

best thing i found for bulking to be honest, was diet at the start at my bulking cycles, usually the first 2-3 weeks

after that i demolish food for the next month, or 2

Last edited:
I just eat when I'm hungry. That usually works out to every few hours

my appetite has always been strange

some bulking cycles ive been able to eat 6000k without hastle, and all from quality food liek meat, wholegrain breads, steak, rice, potatoes etc

then other bulks ive struggled to ever hit this number even with garbage food, mc donalds burgers, chocolate, lollies, soft drinks donuts, protien mass shkes, you name it

it really has been strange for me, i now just eat a combination of both

best thing i found for bulking to be honest, was diet at the start at my bulking cycles, usually the first 2-3 weeks

after that i demolish food for the next month, or 2

Yeah I did a short prime (6 weeks) before I started gaining and it worked for a bit but now I feel like I've hit a wall. I just feel gross. I want to drink more water and not eat more food lol.

Gotta get creative bro!... I've been in the same boat, and can only take so much chicken/brown rice when putting on size before I need to smash some pizza and cookies.... Gotta look on the net and in the recipes forum to try to find tasty and moderately clean meals that you can tailor to suit your needs. I used to feel like I was force - feeding, but at this point, I've made my diet such a point of interest that I almost always look forward to what I'm eating, and its still super clean. Also, if your body can handle it, adding in some extra good fats will jack ur calories up super easily. Last off season I was putting a tablespoon of olive oil in every shake, and eating half an avocado with my first 2 meals of the day... definately added at least another thousand calories per day without even feeling it.

here's a few recipes that have been staples of mine thusfar this offseason:

Lean Chili

4lbs 96% lean ground beef
3 jalapenos chopped up
1 can black beans
1 container fresh salsa
few packets of low sodium chili mix

mix it all up and let that bitch chill in the crockpot for 8 hours... add some brown rice and your ready to rock ( can also do it in a bit pan/pot.. just be sure to drain the fat)

Meatballs
I mix up 4lbs of 96% lean beef with
2 tbs "perfect pinch italian" herbs
Garlic salt
Pepper
1 cup old fashioned oats

I weigh them out into 4oz balls, then bake em at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes. Throw 3 of them into tupperware with brown rice or ww pasta and a little sauce and gtg.

Eggwhite fritatta

In a non stick pan i brown up 1 can of sliced new potatoes with onions and adobo seasoning
then throw in a dozen egg whites and a few yokes, let it simmer at low heat until its about halfway cooked, then take the whole pan and throw it in the oven at 400 degrees and let it cook the top. Take it out, let it cool, and cut it like you would a pizza... easy, convenient way to take egg whites on the road and its a super hearty breakfast.

Hope that helped!

Shaoots, in the past I was starting to have problems eating. But now, I'm always hungry and being consistant makes a big deal for me as well. Training hard, variety of food makes a difference too. We could all suck it up and eat plain and the same thinh all the time but I want to enjoy my food and enjoy the road that comes with it. Cardio can help as well.

Honestly, if your sick of eating, Id start incorporating some heavy and high caloric shakes.

Add 3 scoops of protein, thats 75grams or so of protein
Add 3 table spoons of Coconut oil or Olive oil to your shake, thats roughly 42 grams of fat
Add 1 cup of oatmeal, thats 55 grams or so of carbs and some extra protein and fat.

This one shake will make up easily 900 calories, and thats almost a third of your daily need in one shake.

If you are force feeding yourself, you are doing things wrong. There are things out there to increase your appetite, EX: EQ, GHRP6. You body will only need so much nutrients anyways. The calories shouldn't matter as much as the choices. If you eat too many calories and your body doesn't burn them, they will just add up to fat. But if you are not caring about the extra fat, then I guess you can go that route.

If you're force feeding, it seems like the calories you are eating aren't dense enough.

If you eat meals with high amounts of healthy fats, they'll take up less space in your stomach than foods with higher volume such as oats, carbs, and potatoes.

When I get into the off-season, I'm going to have at least 2 x 75g whey protein shakes per day with multiple tablespoons of coconut oil or peanut/almond butter... plus at least 2 free range organic egg shakes with about 7-8 whole eggs (flavored by True Protein's flavor packets). That's 4 meals in addition to the 3-4 solid meals i'll have.

The better cook/chef you become, and the more creative you get, the easier feeding is. I was in the same boat as you when I first started out, simply because I didn't have my recipes figured out. I would turn to junk to get the calories in... but that would only get my gut bigger. :(

My next investment is going to be a $150 smoker from Home Depot. Smoked chicken, salmon, beef, etc... Season it well, smoke it properly, and you'll be hard pressed NOT to eat your food.

If you're force feeding, it seems like the calories you are eating aren't dense enough.

If you eat meals with high amounts of healthy fats, they'll take up less space in your stomach than foods with higher volume such as oats, carbs, and potatoes.

When I get into the off-season, I'm going to have at least 2 x 75g whey protein shakes per day with multiple tablespoons of coconut oil or peanut/almond butter... plus at least 2 free range organic egg shakes with about 7-8 whole eggs (flavored by True Protein's flavor packets). That's 4 meals in addition to the 3-4 solid meals i'll have.

The better cook/chef you become, and the more creative you get, the easier feeding is. I was in the same boat as you when I first started out, simply because I didn't have my recipes figured out. I would turn to junk to get the calories in... but that would only get my gut bigger. :(

My next investment is going to be a $150 smoker from Home Depot. Smoked chicken, salmon, beef, etc... Season it well, smoke it properly, and you'll be hard pressed NOT to eat your food.

Thanks,

yeah I think part of it is because I prepare my foods in a very bland way.

here is the base diet I follow. My coach made it for me.

250g Egg White
50g Egg Yolk
4 slices Ezekial Bread (Food for Life)
1/2 Grapefruit

130g Turkey Breast (99%)
95g Wheat Pasta (Catelli dry)
12g Almond
100g Tomato Sauce (Hunts)
1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

49g Protein - whey
90g Banana
74g Oats
20g Almond Butter

50g Protein - whey
90g Cereal - Cheerios
100g Milk (Skim)
20g Almond Butter

175g Ground Beef (96%)
150g Bagels - Kroger Cin-Raisin
2 tsp. Mac Nut Oil

275g Cottage Cheese (2%)
1 stick String Cheese (2%)
13g Protein - whey
20g Peanut Butter

311.5p 414.3c 98.0f 3732

Last edited:
as above 2 things i have noticed when really trying to oush the food.

one being a better cook.

and 2 not thinking every meal needs to be solid etc.

some very good tips above. see below underlined for how i would make it more enjoyable

Thanks,

yeah I think part of it is because I prepare my foods in a very bland way.

here is the base diet I follow. My coach made it for me.

250g Egg White
50g Egg Yolk
4 slices Ezekial Bread (Food for Life) - can u get ezekial flour as this could be pancakes
1/2 Grapefruit

130g Turkey Breast (99%)
95g Wheat Pasta (Catelli dry)
12g Almond
100g Tomato Sauce (Hunts)
1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

49g Protein - whey
90g Banana
74g Oats
20g Almond Butter

50g Protein - whey
90g Cereal - Cheerios
100g Milk (Skim)
20g Almond Butter

175g Ground Beef (96%)
150g Bagels - Kroger Cin-Raisin
2 tsp. Mac Nut Oil

275g Cottage Cheese (2%)
1 stick String Cheese (2%)
13g Protein - whey
20g Peanut Butter

311.5p 414.3c 98.0f 3732

are u struggling with this as a whole? I would look to reducing the amount of bread personally

as above 2 things i have noticed when really trying to oush the food.

one being a better cook.

and 2 not thinking every meal needs to be solid etc.

some very good tips above. see below underlined for how i would make it more enjoyable

are u struggling with this as a whole? I would look to reducing the amount of bread personally

No, just some meals.

My coach actually told me to swap out the oats and cheerios meals with some turkey + bread + avocado.

I like bread...whole wheat, Ezekiel usually. It's the oats and cereal I get sick of quick. I LOVE bagels.

Having the turkey + avocado sandwiches lately has helped.

I guess it's just the general feeling all day - full, gassy sometimes, etc. But I'm not piling on fat, so I'm ok there. It's not like I'm just ramming food down...it's all measured out and calculated based on my current composition, etc.

a wise man one said something to me when i aksed him if he got sick and tired of eating 12 eggs and oatmeal every day for breakfast...he told be no because i dont get sick and tired of looking good.

I never force feed myself. Ok maybe when using mt2 or adrol. The shake above is a good way of getting extra calories. I use whey isolate, powdered oats and olive oil. Although coconut oil, almond butter etc can be used too.

They key is calorie dense nutritious food. Gradually increasing calories and staying in an anabolic environment. A good liver product is useful to help appetite... liv52 works well. Don't forget to have a decent supply of fibre through the day to aid digestion etc. Digestive enzymes are useful too. Lots of fresh veg and fruit.

Aren't you using 1g test? That high can lower appetite alot sometimes. Maybe you should look at lowering your amount and let the food do the talking. One should never rely upon drugs but I would recommend lowering your test and using 300mg eq weekly as that will boost your appetite greatly.

if you lose your appetite on orals, this theory goes out the window

Yeah sometimes on adrol (and mt2 pre bed) I have woke up after 9 hours sleep and have struggled to eat my breakfast.

Force Feeding!

I went to see my General Physician yesterday and asked him for some Periactin and he wouldn't give me any. I told him I've lost 20lbs since January and he wouldn't budge. Now, I stand 6'4" and weigh 225 now, and he said that actually I'm overweight. I have no confidence in Drs. these days, my Dad is dying from bone cancer at 64yrs. of age. and my grandfather died of bone cancer when I was 10yrs. old and it makes no sense to me that they haven't found anything to beat this type of cancer. Enough ranting, I've had a bad day, carry on! rt...

I went to see my General Physician yesterday and asked him for some Periactin and he wouldn't give me any. I told him I've lost 20lbs since January and he wouldn't budge. Now, I stand 6'4" and weigh 225 now, and he said that actually I'm overweight. I have no confidence in Drs. these days, my Dad is dying from bone cancer at 64yrs. of age. and my grandfather died of bone cancer when I was 10yrs. old and it makes no sense to me that they haven't found anything to beat this type of cancer. Enough ranting, I've had a bad day, carry on! rt...

Force feeding is NOT good. Once your force more food the body struggles to process/assimilate and digest the food and hour slater you keep compounding the issue more and more etc... Then your body becomes less efficient, immunity will decrease, recovery will decrease, lethargy will increase, BF% will increase and nothing positive will manifest.

Once you hit that "hunger wall" - you then need to be proactive and not a lazy ass and implement "mini-diets" Cardio, Intermittent fasting periods, etc etc... to become efficient again. I feel truly force feeding dose far more harm than any good.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws