over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Forearm Problem

SnO

Newbies
Gday ive got a problem when working out with my forearms. For example when doing bicept curls I get a pain half way along my forearm.. But its only there when lifting the weight. I get it sometimes when working.. does this mean im going too heavy or not warming up? has anyone else had this happen?

any feedback will be much appreciated, thanks

Sounds like TENNIS ELBOW thats when an injury to the muscles and tendons on the outside (lateral aspect) of the elbow that results from overuse or repetitive stress. The narrowing of the muscle bellies of the forearm as they merge into the tendons create highly focused stress where they insert into the bone of the elbow.

Im currently working with tennis elbow myself and it sucks bro but it only seems to affect me with certain exercises like hammer curls, upright rows, etc. Ive been on Voltaren an Anti Imflammatory drug and very light lifting the past 2 weeks and it starting to feel a tad better..

SnO said:
Gday ive got a problem when working out with my forearms. For example when doing bicept curls I get a pain half way along my forearm.. But its only there when lifting the weight. I get it sometimes when working.. does this mean im going too heavy or not warming up? has anyone else had this happen?

any feedback will be much appreciated, thanks
Do you mean a pain that feels like it's not the muscle but actually the bone? Because I've been getting that. Especially on bicep curls. I just assumed my bone density hadn't caught up with my muscle density or some nonsense like that. I may have to look into that tennis elbow thing tho...

yeah wat u described sounds like what I have, it kinda feels like the bone but not too sure. The pain is located on the outside of my forearm halfway between my elbow and wrist.. upright rows and curls hurt the most.. I want to throw on more weight but my forearms arent going to handle it.. any suggestions? thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Sorry bud, but I'm in the same boat and don't have any suggestions. Today I cut my bicep workout short because my forearms hurt so much. If I find anything out though I'll post it here or send you a PM.

Hmmm...

Are you using a straight bar or EZ bar for curls?

I use EZ Curl and it hurts somewhat, but where it REALLY starts killing me is dumbbell preacher curls. Those use to be my favorite exercise, but it seems the heaver I go the worse it gets. :(

Get a week off and take some DICLOFENAC SODIUM for 2-3 weeks. Our forearms get no rest and are constantly overtrained.

Curling is a waste of time.

For all of you that curl to the point that your forearms are overtrained, I have this to say: stop curling. You can get just as much bicep work training your back with pull-ups, rows, and deadlifts. Throw in 2 sets of curls twice a week if you absolutely must curl, but honestly why bother? I personally do two sets of dumbbell curls twice a week, varying the exercise each time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear