over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Forearm tendonitis robbing biceps of contractions

Muay Thai

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
for years, after all the injuries and tears i have had issues getting the big softballs into my biceps like i did in my 20s so easily, i had them for years straight almost at maintenance.
the distal tendon tears + golfer + tennis elbow +diff acute points of tendonitis made it impossible for me to feel good bicep contractions for years now

finally the solution - I used the ankle/wrist cuffs and experienced a near total isolation in biceps, better pump than years on a light weight, and major satisfaction honestly I was about to give up, I was hitting biceps at every angle, palming it, opening up fingers, you name it. ill post pic soon

anyway i hope this helps , i am going to attempt this with mid delts and see what else i can integrate too with the cuffs.

I think it makes sense. If you have a tennis elbow and golfer elbow type pain it is exacerbated by griping and by using the cuff you no longer contract the wrist flexors or extensors or at least greatly reduce it. Good find.

for years, after all the injuries and tears i have had issues getting the big softballs into my biceps like i did in my 20s so easily, i had them for years straight almost at maintenance.
the distal tendon tears + golfer + tennis elbow +diff acute points of tendonitis made it impossible for me to feel good bicep contractions for years now

finally the solution - I used the ankle/wrist cuffs and experienced a near total isolation in biceps, better pump than years on a light weight, and major satisfaction honestly I was about to give up, I was hitting biceps at every angle, palming it, opening up fingers, you name it. ill post pic soon

anyway i hope this helps , i am going to attempt this with mid delts and see what else i can integrate too with the cuffs.
Glad you finally found a workaround.

Am having a hard time visualizing exactly what you are doing.

Think you can provide me with a description, an example of a movement?

Thanks.

Glad you finally found a workaround.

Am having a hard time visualizing exactly what you are doing.

Think you can provide me with a description, an example of a movement?

Thanks.
yes i will have my son record me doing them
its basically a cable curl (single arm) normal elbow glue to hip, although i will sometimes bow my elbow in and arm out and hit a diff angle for better contraction but SAME motion.

basically a bicep cable curl but instead of using a cable, I am using a wrist cuff like the chicks use on cables for glutes and hips, although mine im using to isolate biceps and negate forearm involvement

yes i will have my son record me doing them
its basically a cable curl (single arm) normal elbow glue to hip, although i will sometimes bow my elbow in and arm out and hit a diff angle for better contraction but SAME motion.

basically a bicep cable curl but instead of using a cable, I am using a wrist cuff like the chicks use on cables for glutes and hips, although mine im using to isolate biceps and negate forearm involvement
I get it. Thanks. A video would be cool.

There was once a biceps machine (prototype, I have photos
of it somewhere, I never used it, it be experimental) that had
pads against your forearms, no gripping, for curling. You 'held'
nothing. You could also raise the weight with your legs and
lowered just with your arms, pure negative. Interesting.

So just using a different attachment(wrist/ankle cuff) on the cable machine and focusing on the contraction?

I tore my distal bicep tendon in 2022 and the contraction isn't what it was, but size is back. I've found if I isolate it first in my workout then all my other lifts are much more effective for it.

I get it. Thanks. A video would be cool.

There was once a biceps machine (prototype, I have photos
of it somewhere, I never used it, it be experimental) that had
pads against your forearms, no gripping, for curling. You 'held'
nothing. You could also raise the weight with your legs and
lowered just with your arms, pure negative. Interesting.
Sounds like a great machine. Negatives (IMO) are very under-used by most folks in commercial gyms.
I see crazy/swinging concentrics, and zero eccentrics. Also, the "weight swingers" have zero muscle and have been going for 15 yrs.
You would think they might change some things up or want to learn.

Fix that tennis elbow

Guy looks like a clown but it works after a million things didn't even things suggested on a thread here. Get all of them start with red, as it gets better green, blue, etc.

Worked like a charm.

Thanks for the idea Muay Thai. I’ve been dealing with really bad elbow tendinitis too which is finally getting better. Just about any curl move starts to aggravate my forearms so this was a good idea. Have to play around with different set ups at my gym and I think I can get a little better stretch.

I have a similar issue. It's funny because I was thinking about maybe using cuffs for bis. just the other day. Does it also affect your back training? Thought about using hooks for back. What improvisions have you used if you do experience some pain during back workouts.

Thanks for the idea Muay Thai. I’ve been dealing with really bad elbow tendinitis too which is finally getting better. Just about any curl move starts to aggravate my forearms so this was a good idea. Have to play around with different set ups at my gym and I think I can get a little better stretch.

Very cool. Thanks for that. I was at a loss to figure out what exercises were applicable. That is one for sure.

Can you do wrist curls without pain?

Can you do wrist curls without pain?
I feel like that action is one that does aggravate the pain a little. My elbows are getting a lot better. They didn’t show any improvement at all for a few months and I was really discouraged but I would say I’m just now back to training at around 80% of where I was prior.

Fix that tennis elbow

Guy looks like a clown but it works after a million things didn't even things suggested on a thread here. Get all of them start with red, as it gets better green, blue, etc.

Worked like a charm.
This PT in my gym was suggesting I do loaded eccentrics. Basically like a negative wrist curl. It's kind of a tricky thing to set up. This is for tennis elbow, where I have been dealing with golfer's elbow but I'll check this out a little more. Thanks for the link.

I feel like that action is one that does aggravate the pain a little. My elbows are getting a lot better. They didn’t show any improvement at all for a few months and I was really discouraged but I would say I’m just now back to training at around 80% of where I was prior.
Glad you are back to 80%, that is damn close to 100%.

I should have said wrist extensions, not wrist curls. And with the wrist
lower than your elbows.

Wrist curls, for folks with elbow problems and still want to exercise
their forearms (me sometimes) I have found that standing wrist
curls, arms straight and behind your back with a strong roll-up to
contraction at the top was a painless, go to movement for me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws