over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Forearm tightness strain

Are you actually doing hammer curls or zottsman curls— where the dumbbell travels across your body?

I was doing reverse cable curls as my lone forearm exercise.
I believe you have forearm tendonitis. Stay away from reverse curls, hammer curls and zottsman curls to let it heal. If you continue working through the pain it will turn into tendonosis and severely weaken or rupture that tendon. I would also recommend wearing “tiger paws” during all curling movements in order to limit movement in your wrist. I would also wear “versa gripps” during back workout to help overusing your forearms.

I believe you have forearm tendonitis. Stay away from reverse curls, hammer curls and zottsman curls to let it heal. If you continue working through the pain it will turn into tendonosis and severely weaken or rupture that tendon. I would also recommend wearing “tiger paws” during all curling movements in order to limit movement in your wrist. I would also wear “versa gripps” during back workout to help overusing your forearms.
Why would u want to limit movement? That's how soft tissue injuries happen.

Not when a tendon is already injured. Movement under a load can cause a tendon or ligament to get worse until it heals. That’s why they put you in a boot when you first sprain an ankle.

I tried a weeks rest, ice, heat, nothing worked. Tried digging In it with a plate like someone alluded to, didn't do much.

I remember when I had a tweak in my lat, my PT dug in there with fingers and made it hurt, then exercises, then iced it. Im going to keep doing that and hit some of the tennis elbow then exercises in that second video. Use a neutral grip on back exercises, probably drop shrugs and shrug up on the calf raise machine with no arms needed, try and rest it.

Also need to modify my bicep exercises and even watch the tricep ones. Rear delts, side delts, chest are all fine it doesn't affect training them. really doesn't affect any exercise strength wise just annoying and discomfort so I know its not healing
Not a bad idea, I’m also going to try and use my massage gun on that specific spot and see if that’ll help as well.

Agreed. Better would be movement under compression…I.e voodoo floss

Agreed. Better would be movement under compression…I.e voodoo floss
Movement under compression can be great AFTER the swelling/inflammation goes down. You don’t want to compress or aggressively massage a severely inflammed area.

Would you also say for back movements, use a neutral grip? That seems to not aggravate it. Also have an opinion on if the jm press or pjr press are keeping it from healing?

Would you also say for back movements, use a neutral grip? That seems to not aggravate it. Also have an opinion on if the jm press or pjr press are keeping it from healing?
i would definitely stick with a neutral grip, or even just slightly pronated, for pulling movements, and don’t loop your thumb over the bar.

If a neutral grip ( palms facing each other) pull downs are not irritating your forearm tendon, then I’d definitely do those. Also, you might be able to do some pull downs with a (palms facing forward grip) if you use two handles instead of a bar. Wide grip lat pull downs using a bar can put a lot of tension on the forearm tendon and distal bicep tendon. If the JM press does not cause pain I think you’ll be fine doing those. Excessive gripping on back movements can keep that tendon irritated. Versa Gripps in the pro series can help with that. I’ve also learned how to open up my lats while training them without allowing my elbows to fully extend. That keeps pressure off all the tendons that attach near the elbow.

If a neutral grip ( palms facing each other) pull downs are not irritating your forearm tendon, then I’d definitely do those. Also, you might be able to do some pull downs with a (palms facing forward grip) if you use two handles instead of a bar. Wide grip lat pull downs using a bar can put a lot of tension on the forearm tendon and distal bicep tendon. If the JM press does not cause pain I think you’ll be fine doing those. Excessive gripping on back movements can keep that tendon irritated. Versa Gripps in the pro series can help with that. I’ve also learned how to open up my lats while training them without allowing my elbows to fully extend. That keeps pressure off all the tendons that attach near the elbow.
With me experiencing the same thing, I noticed I had irritation in the same spot using the mag wide grip lat pull down.

Good advice thank you both. Yeah anatomy wise I can't see how the jm press should cause issues, it's not so much near the elbow but that brachialis muscle. I will pay close attention and feel out warmups...if some stress, switch to dip machine which is fine

Oh one other thing, doing as much of your pulling movements in the scapular plane really seems to ease the tension of the elbow tendon as well. Like this where the weight is more out in front of you than overhead
Hammer strength lat machines with soft d ring handles looped over the handle work really well for this

Good advice thank you both. Yeah anatomy wise I can't see how the jm press should cause issues, it's not so much near the elbow but that brachialis muscle. I will pay close attention and feel out warmups...if some stress, switch to dip machine which is fine
One more thing I wanted to share with you and that is preacher curls and the preacher curl machine is notorious for causing tendonitis in the forearm and distal bicep tendon. That’s one exercise I would avoid.

One more thing I wanted to share with you and that is preacher curls and the preacher curl machine is notorious for causing tendonitis in the forearm and distal bicep tendon. That’s one exercise I would avoid.
Yep, I mentioned that above. You know what doesn’t bother mine? Spider curls on the other side of a preacher bench, and cable curls with the cable at about shoulder height, arms extended straight out in front of you, and curl a bar or two longer d ring handles to the top of the forehead

Yep, I mentioned that above. You know what doesn’t bother mine? Spider curls on the other side of a preacher bench, and cable curls with the cable at about shoulder height, arms extended straight out in front of you, and curl a bar or two longer d ring handles to the top of the forehead
Glad you guys mentioned preaches I was considering adding them to bicep say to replace incline bench curls which are hell with this injury.

Drag curls 1 set RP
Seated 2 arm d ring cable curls 1 set RP
Spider db curls 12-20 (these feel fine to me)

Need One more biceps exercises to rest pause on back day that I can really progress on but won't bother it.

Glad you guys mentioned preaches I was considering adding them to bicep say to replace incline bench curls which are hell with this injury.

Drag curls 1 set RP
Seated 2 arm d ring cable curls 1 set RP
Spider db curls 12-20 (these feel fine to me)

Need One more biceps exercises to rest pause on back day that I can really progress on but won't bother it.
Try the one I mentioned with arms in front of you.
Set up a cable at shoulder height with a straight or ez bar or rope or dual rings or whatever. Grab the weight, step back a few feet for tension, and curl while keeping the upper arm bone parralel to the floor in front of you. Use a little English

Try the one I mentioned with arms in front of you.
Set up a cable at shoulder height with a straight or ez bar or rope or dual rings or whatever. Grab the weight, step back a few feet for tension, and curl while keeping the upper arm bone parralel to the floor in front of you. Use a little English
I think I can picture it. Does it have a common name I'll look it up on YouTube

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity