over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

forgotten exercise

feelnfit

FOUNDING Member
Registered
every 6-8 weeks i swap exercises as not to get my body use to the same movement. well low and behold i saw a guy doing weighted dips which for some reason i have just forgotten about.so i added them in to this cycle and man what a burn. i am up to 4 sets at 20 reps no weight this week. i will add weight this coming week. any results and opions is very welcome.

That's funny - I just started doing them again post contest in my HST program.

xcel

What a great mass builder !! over all size in the upper body will not go unnoticed..20 reps is a little high for size gains ..do that every 3-4 workout..keep reps around 6-8..good luck..

I just started doing them a couple weeks ago, but I do with 2 benches and I put 45lb platess on my lap......awesome burn on the tri's.

patk

bulldog

this week i am cutting down my reps yeah to 6-8 and adding weight like u said . this past week was just adjusting to them.

gym

I just did them today, I use a dip/pullup rack. My gym has a belt and we attach plates to it. I did one set of 12 warmup, then 1 set of 12 with a 45, then 1 set with 2 45's, and last set was 2 45's and a 25 for about 6ish. It is a fun great exercise.

In HS

In high-school I blew everybody's chest and tris away, and was much more developed in these areas thanks to DIPS and Bench. The Dips, (weighted) really made my tris get wicked.

i get a good burn in my tri,s and upperpecs. i was feeling it in my delts to but i started not leaning so far forward now.

i always feel it in my shoulders too. especially when i use 4 plates. it takes me a minute just to slowly release tension in my shoulders when i am getting off the dip machine. but it kicks my tri's ass so i do them regularly anyways.
i did reverse grip bench the other day and man was i sore the next few days. thats another tri exercise i forgot about.

I do them for chest-back rounded, chin in chest, arms out, leaning over with head way in front of feet. Have a partner hold your feet. We use weight 2-3 45lbs plates.

dips

i like doing them on the dip rack free hand more than on the machine or between 2 benches. when i do them between the benches i only feel it in my tri,s. i like the over all feeling(ti,s , pecs , delts) so thats why i switch.

Weighted dips have helped my bench press considerably. I woulds highly recommed them to anyone that wants to increase tricep strength in turn will help your bench.

I was about ready to post something along these lines. i was going to say that i was amazed on how many people neglect good ole weighted dips and weighted chins! for me, weighted chins and dips are used a lot of the time. i can strap on 3 plates and bust out 8-10 reps on weighted dips. LATS swears by this and drove these 2 exercises into my head. they'll make you sweat that's for sure!

TH

just finish my first week back at weigted dips and what a burn! my upper pecs and tris and delts are tight.. today i will finish out with weighted bench dips as to isloate the tris and get that good pump.

dips

Dips, I believe, work that muscle group which lies sort of under the pec major and is a connector more vertically - true? A smaller group but, when developed, adds greater thickness and achieves fuller separations. Am I wrong? :D IronMike

iron mike

they hit me in upper toward del;ts and outside when i go deep and lean int them holding up my head.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws