over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Former mordibly obese needs help

Krx

Registered
Hey all im 26yo 5.7' . As he title says i was mordibly obese as long as i can remember. Two years back i started counting calories and excersising and droped from 330lbs to 176 lbs with no muscle what so ever and alot of extra skin. After that i started doing the rippetoes while eating above maintenance and now am a bit more muscular at 200lbs (with lots of fat).

I will have gyno surgery during the summer and a massive tummy tuck operation during the autumn. My question is should i cut to low bf before the surgeries? Or keep eating above maintenance and doing rippetoes?

My goal is to get strong, muscular and look good naked.

Ps i can add photos if you want.

no disrespect man but i'm having a hard time believing you lost 53% of your body weight in 2 years by counting calories and excersising?

pics please--before/after and hold the naked pics,
cavdude

Hmmmm, counting calories and exercising? Doesn't sound like a good plan to me. Whenever someone is "morbily obesed" just like you stated and end up losing lots, lots of weight. Your bound to have excess skin dangling ALL over the place which requires surgery to correct.

Whatever you goals are first and foremost priority is diet! Your intake, not just "calories" also, when someone is "obesed" is good to seek out professional help. Dietician, weight loss doctor, possibly a surgery, etc. Doing it alone is VERY if NOT IMPOSSIBLE! Without any knowledge, help or assistance you are bound to fail. Lastly just like Cavdude stated, pics please and stats would be nice.

We need to see what you are talking about:confused::eek:

no disrespect man but i'm having a hard time believing you lost 53% of your body weight in 2 years by counting calories and excersising?

cavdude

I will upload photos later today.

Btw a minor correction. I just weighted myself. I am 191lbs atm.

Hmmmm, counting calories and exercising? Doesn't sound like a good plan to me. Whenever someone is "morbily obesed" just like you stated and end up losing lots, lots of weight. Your bound to have excess skin dangling ALL over the place which requires surgery to correct.

Whatever you goals are first and foremost priority is diet! Your intake, not just "calories" also, when someone is "obesed" is good to seek out professional help. Dietician, weight loss doctor, possibly a surgery, etc. Doing it alone is VERY if NOT IMPOSSIBLE! Without any knowledge, help or assistance you are bound to fail. Lastly just like Cavdude stated, pics please and stats would be nice.

We need to see what you are talking about:confused::eek:

Im a bit confused.. Ive allready done it mate! My diet is REALLY clean andspot on! and as I mentioned at my main message i have loose skin dangling all over (even tho its a bit better now that I have put on some muscle with Rippetoes). Check my photos. I will upload them later.

Last edited:
well first of all congrats on ur weight loss, i myself was obese as a child and lost over 100 pounds, its a very hard thing to go through both psychologically and physicaly due to society's harsh judgements and opinions of overweight people

secondly post up wat ur diet and weight training regime looks like atm so we can help get ur looking in better shape

pics would also be good so see what we need to work on

what the hell is rippetoes?

Also congrats on the weight loss. It most certainly can be done when someone sets their mind to it. 6 years ago i went from 305 pounds to 230 in 5 months. It can be done if you set your mind to it. Luckily my skin rebounded pretty well for the most part as i am a big person. Can't wait to see the pics and once again congrats on the life change.

Thanks a lot guys!

Exercise

I was doing the rippetoes. It is a Compound movement Linear progression programing (**broken link removed**)

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
5x3 Pendlay Rows

AxBxAxxBxAxB

It took me from not being able to move empty bar to squatting 3x5 200lbs, benching 3x5 120lbs and deadlifting 1x5 330lbs.

Now I am training with a powerlifting coach and doing a 4day upper/lower body

Diet

I was never a breakfast guy, so I am doing intermittent fasting atm as I want to cut slowly. I am at 2k calories around 150g carbs, 200g prot(usualy i get around 160)and 60g fat (usually I get 90). I eat clean (no fast food etc, I cook every day and I usually shoot for less than 30g of sugar a day - I don't count lactose)

I really need to start eating more.

Photos

I am pretty busy today. I will take some and upload them tomorrow morning.

Photos. I am really embarrassed guys.

ziIBQ.jpg

A lot of extra skin.

7i7Th.jpg

I think I have a buttload of fat in the butt.

ZWWZf.jpg

My flexing (don't laugh)

BNTy0.jpg

Second flexing photo.

I am arranging 2 surgeries now. 1 for gyno and 1 for tummy tuck.
However, a friend with years of bodybuilding experience suggested me to:

1) Cut hard - now i am 191 pounds
2) do the gyno surgery
3) juice and get bigger in order to fill the skin.

I would like in 4-5 year to look good naked and get strong enough in order to compete in pwoerlifting

What do you think I should do? What should be my next steps?

Last edited:
Don't be embarrassed bro. Your making a change which alot of people can never do. Congrats on your weight loss! Your here so your in the right place! Good luck with everything

Don't be embarassed!

Don't be embarassed! That much weight loss is a huge success! Not many people stick to such a life transformation as you have. You're an inspiration. You might not be where you want to be, but you're making huge strides.

I don't know much about the other. I'm new here, but I wanted to say "Congrats" on the weight loss and good luck for what's next. :)

cavdude

cavdude,

My very close friend went from 330lbs to 190lbs in 1 year and 2 months by dieting and exercising hard. So I totally know it is possible and can be done if the individual puts in hard work and dedication. He also just had his tummy tuck about 2 months ago and looks awesome compared to when he was at 330lbs.

Don't be embarrassed bro. Your making a change which alot of people can never do. Congrats on your weight loss! Your here so your in the right place! Good luck with everything
x2

Wish you all the best

Hey all im 26yo 5.7' . As he title says i was mordibly obese as long as i can remember. Two years back i started counting calories and excersising and droped from 330lbs to 176 lbs with no muscle what so ever and alot of extra skin. After that i started doing the rippetoes while eating above maintenance and now am a bit more muscular at 200lbs (with lots of fat).

I will have gyno surgery during the summer and a massive tummy tuck operation during the autumn. My question is should i cut to low bf before the surgeries? Or keep eating above maintenance and doing rippetoes?

My goal is to get strong, muscular and look good naked.

Ps i can add photos if you want.

Krx,
Congrats bro on loosing so much in such a short time. I have a very close friend who just hard his tummy tuck done after loosing 140lbs in like 14 months. My buddy continued to loose as much fat as possible until 1 week before his surgery. He is all healed up now and looks great. Keep up the hard work and continue to loose as much fat as you can so the you doctor can get rid of as much of the loose skin as possible. This way you get more bang for your buck. Good job friend!!!!!

krx
your pics look pretty good actually-you deserve all the credit you can get for your incredible efforts.

i think you are a good candidate for surgery and that it will be a success.

Good Man that--Soldier On-Bro :) !
cavdude

Thanks a lot guys.

I will keep doing strength training and cutting until the gyno/tummy tuck surgery.

I will post after photos when I am completely healed!

Do you think it will be a good idea to start a log to track my progress?

Congrats Bro!!!! Your Pics look great, keep up the hard work.

Thanks a lot guys.

Do you think it will be a good idea to start a log to track my progress?
------------
i can't speak for others but to me logs are a personal thing-the daily routine of workouts/diets become rather tedious-to some.

you have valuable experience Re: weight loss-perserverance-tynacity etc that if at some point you shared with this community would be very beneficial to all of us?

soldier on-Bro,
cavdude

Last edited:
Hey Krx. Just wanted to say congrats on your progress thus far! Remarkable. I for one would be interested in following your log if you decide to do one. Don't be embarrassed bro. Everyone starts somewhere and everyone has a different and unique set of personal circumstances. You should be very proud. As stated above, you have already done what so many will never do and you still have a long way to progress on your journey. Keep it up!

Oh, and NEVER listen to those who tell you that you can't. Fuck that shit. Let that shit motivate you.

WOW! Congrats, Man!
Sure, just some extra skin and BF to take care of. Which is normal for people losing massive amounts of weight.

Good luck with the operations! I do think you should be as lean as possible pre-surgery. Then fill it out post surgery. Having more muscle will just make the skin tighter still, if its sewn up around a smaller frame. And you'll need a proper bodybuilding routine if you goal is the look more than the strength. But PL is a good place to start. I lot of great mass has been built with Powerlifting.

Good luck, Man! You've already made great strides!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131