over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fortitude Training!

Do you own that ebook? How do you like it?

Like it a lot, I had to read it a few times to understand l, it seems complicated and he goes over the science portion a lot, but after looking at the diagrams and sample logs it’s pretty easy. You kind of make your own workout on body parts you need to train. I started on Tier 1 because I’m just getting back in after some surgeries and it’s kicking my ass in a good way and I’m just finishing up the 1st week tomorrow. It’s 20 dollars well spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love Fortitude and switch back and forth between MountainDog style stuff and Scott's Fortitude training.

I was actually abouuut to start a Fortitude blast (just like DC calls it) but i enjoy being in the gym more than 4 days per week.

Also, as much as I love the setup of DC and Fortitude because i love frequency, I feel like the BIG base of them is based on progressive overload. And my body at this point just cant handle pushing heavy weights anymore. As soon as I start to "beat the log book" with heavy compound lifts, i tweak something. It sucks. That's basically the reason why i always go back to MD stuff.

I love mountaindog training. I just bought his back manual and have the arms one too

It's basically Loading (Heavy) sets from DoggCrapp DC training, Pump Sets and Muscle Rounds/Cluster sets. The eBook is like $20 and well worth the money for the information on training and how it all works together.

It's basically Loading (Heavy) sets from DoggCrapp DC training, Pump Sets and Muscle Rounds/Cluster sets. The eBook is like $20 and well worth the money for the information on training and how it all works together.

I got it my man. I would need someone to actually walk me through it. I am dense ;)

Been doing FT for a month now. Nothing but great things here! I love it and I love being able to train 4d/wk and yet I feel like Ive trained 6-7 days, (it really wipes you out if you follow it correctly). So much info in the Ebook as well. Just an overall great program,

Curious - for others running FT what is your cardio at? Doing any on rest days or training days? I know Scott despises cardio, however ive kept it in here as im coming out of my cut. (Planning on slowly cutting it back to as minimal as possible).

Been doing FT for a month now. Nothing but great things here! I love it and I love being able to train 4d/wk and yet I feel like Ive trained 6-7 days, (it really wipes you out if you follow it correctly). So much info in the Ebook as well. Just an overall great program,

Curious - for others running FT what is your cardio at? Doing any on rest days or training days? I know Scott despises cardio, however ive kept it in here as im coming out of my cut. (Planning on slowly cutting it back to as minimal as possible).

Since I’m currently trying to get leaner - I’m still doing cardio at least two of the off days and maybe once in the evenings on one of the training days, but since I’m doing this I’m using tier 1

I’ve only been in a week and just started lifting again after surgeries. The first week wiped me or so I don’t even think I’m going to attempt it until the cruise phase... those 2 weeks I’m going to do cardio 3xs a week and then go back to 6 weeks of no cardio, but my goal is not to lean out, just trying to get bigger

I have not used or bought the FT training guide, but I would, as I have a great deal of faith and respect for Scott's knowledge! It's on my list of things to try in the future.

How is your progress made with MD compared to FT or DC training?

Obviously a ton of factor especially diet are at play but I always like hearing people's thoughts on John's programs compared to others, I've never tried any MD training

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I actually prefer MD workouts for growth/blast phases and Fortitude for maintenance/cruise times. Doing full body stuff like Fortitude just burns sooo many damn calories, keeps you motivated to beat your logbook, anddd you barely have to do any cardio...its great. Plus you modify the volume to fit your recovery if you are running TRT doses.

Myself personally, i GROW best on high volume work. I powerlifted before i got into bodybuilding and low volume progressive overload work getting me strong as shit, but it's not a mass builder for me. And because of this, switching back and forth between both routines keeps my body fresh. Once i hop back into high volume after Fortitude, my body reacts amazinglyyyy.

Theres a different thing you can buy for $150 called “the virgin voyage” its the 1st 8 weeks of training and diet all laid out for you and you get a copy of the e-book thrown in too

I feel like if I googled that, something entirely different would come up

3.5 years of constant FT and I can’t see myself changing. It fits my schedule perfectly. Allows me to eat a bunch of calories. Allows variation in times of increased or decreased stress.

Best $20 I ever spent on anything related to bodybuilding.

I highly recommend you invest the time in reading and understanding it. The beauty is that it is a system that provides structure, yet leaves plenty of room for choice.

I've strayed away from following specific training programs in the past few years as I have some injuries that make specific movements very difficult to do.

This is not a problem in Fortitude, as there are no specific exercises prescribed. You're not forced to do overhead press for shoulders, for example, if that is a movement that bothers you.

I also love the variety it provides, as executing the same exercises for 8-12 reps every week can get very boring and lead to plateaus. Each of the 4 workouts is very different, and each week is also different, as you increase or decrease the volume, or change from basic to turbo.

Lastly, the autoregulation component of the program is what really makes it special. You decide how long your "blasts" last, where you are really pushing for all out progress. You decide how much volume you'll perform each week. You'll decide how and when to increase or decrease the volume. Of course, Scott provides guidelines and tips to help you make these decisions, but it is up to you.

In the past I'd do a program and due to outside stressors, being in a caloric deficit, etc. I'd fail to progress as I was supposed to after a while. Those programs did not have a "here's what to do if your progress stalls" section. There was no autoregulation. It was "here's how you should be progressing - period, end of story." So I just kept grinding out the same weights for weeks on end and burning myself out.

For those asking for summaries, or explanations of how it works - I like free stuff too. I'm not rich. But, I plan to adhere to this system for years to come.

I almost never review any sort of product or service, but I have gotten so much value out of Fortitude, that the least I can do is share how it has benefitted me.

I’ve always struggled where to put deadlifts into the program. It’s my favorite lift. Maybe back movement 1 on upper load day? Then go pump the shit outta hamstrings?

Best $20 I ever spent on anything related to bodybuilding.

I highly recommend you invest the time in reading and understanding it. The beauty is that it is a system that provides structure, yet leaves plenty of room for choice.

I've strayed away from following specific training programs in the past few years as I have some injuries that make specific movements very difficult to do.

This is not a problem in Fortitude, as there are no specific exercises prescribed. You're not forced to do overhead press for shoulders, for example, if that is a movement that bothers you.

I also love the variety it provides, as executing the same exercises for 8-12 reps every week can get very boring and lead to plateaus. Each of the 4 workouts is very different, and each week is also different, as you increase or decrease the volume, or change from basic to turbo.

Lastly, the autoregulation component of the program is what really makes it special. You decide how long your "blasts" last, where you are really pushing for all out progress. You decide how much volume you'll perform each week. You'll decide how and when to increase or decrease the volume. Of course, Scott provides guidelines and tips to help you make these decisions, but it is up to you.

In the past I'd do a program and due to outside stressors, being in a caloric deficit, etc. I'd fail to progress as I was supposed to after a while. Those programs did not have a "here's what to do if your progress stalls" section. There was no autoregulation. It was "here's how you should be progressing - period, end of story." So I just kept grinding out the same weights for weeks on end and burning myself out.

For those asking for summaries, or explanations of how it works - I like free stuff too. I'm not rich. But, I plan to adhere to this system for years to come.

I almost never review any sort of product or service, but I have gotten so much value out of Fortitude, that the least I can do is share how it has benefitted me.

VERY COOL of you to write all this out, man. MUCH appreciated. It's always a great thing to hear that someone's benefitted from my efforts. :)

-S

I’ve always struggled where to put deadlifts into the program. It’s my favorite lift. Maybe back movement 1 on upper load day? Then go pump the shit outta hamstrings?

I’ve been doing trap bar deadlift for the thigh exercise on Day 2 lower body loading. But using the trap bar kind of turns the movement into a squat/deadlift hybrid. Traditional deadlift might fit better doing it for back on upper loading though like you’re thinking.....

In DC training, isn’t deadlift considered a “back thickness” movement?

I’d maybe ask Dr Scott on his forum? He responds to most every question people ask about fortitude training

Deads would be a back thickness exercise, on Loading Sets, as you say, for most everyone. (You could use trap bar deads, even standing on a wedge or a couple plates with heels elevated to make it a thigh / quad-focused exercise, etc., too, of course.)

You'd then select Pump sets for thighs (and Muscle Rounds later in the week), depending on how the deads hit you. For most folks, this would be posterior chain of the legs (in addition to back), so you'd, for instance, do maybe a close foot, low leg press (Quad focused) for a compound thigh exercise for pump sets.

(THen again, if you need more ham / glute development, doing deads would be a great way to shift focus there, so you'd not necessarily ease up on hitting them later in the week per se.)

-S

I absolutely love Fortitude! I wish I found this years ago. Thanks to Bio for recommending it to me and I reached out to Dr. Scott and asked him if I should get some training form him and he said I’d be just fine with the book. Very refreshing for someone to be honest. I’m 4 weeks in and doing Tier 1. I had almost a 3 month layoff after my surgery so I wanted to take it slow and Tier 1 is intense and hard enough as it is. I’m still working out the little things like the weight I can put up with each movement. I think I’m not doing enough, I’ve went up 10 pounds in most things each week. I think I’m getting close to just completing my muscle round sets and not having to put much more weight on it.
Wasn’t a big deadlifter but I’m slowly starting to like it. Doing my sets at 215 for now, bench 215, squats at 225 but I’m also doing hack squats in place of regular squats. I like mixing those 2 up every other week. If anyone is on the fence about getting the e-book; please don’t... it’s been a GameChanger for me

Deads would be a back thickness exercise, on Loading Sets, as you say, for most everyone. (You could use trap bar deads, even standing on a wedge or a couple plates with heels elevated to make it a thigh / quad-focused exercise, etc., too, of course.)

You'd then select Pump sets for thighs (and Muscle Rounds later in the week), depending on how the deads hit you. For most folks, this would be posterior chain of the legs (in addition to back), so you'd, for instance, do maybe a close foot, low leg press (Quad focused) for a compound thigh exercise for pump sets.

(THen again, if you need more ham / glute development, doing deads would be a great way to shift focus there, so you'd not necessarily ease up on hitting them later in the week per se.)

-S

Thanks Scott! I know most would do rack pulls, but for some reason (maybe just my body proportions, rack pulls from right below the knee really hurt my lower back, but deadlifts don’t.

I’ll do as you say, and maybe throw in DB RDLs on the dedicated leg day for hams

The Virgin Voyage: A Basic Fortitude Training Program for your First Blast

Dr. Scott,

Could you provide more info on this program? Does it tell you exactly what exercises to do and how to do the specific workouts?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131