over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fortitude Training!

1005 Tkav, you can make it work.

I've done FT with a TON of equipment and next to none.
With legs you might need to get a little creative, but check out Dr. Scott's IG. He's got a ton of cool and unique exercises.

OK Bought the book this morning and just finished reading it.
So so many questions and cant get into the board : account verification email never showed up and is not in spam.

I'm concerned with exercise variety. I have the following equipment to work with.

Bar / plates up to 650 lbs
Power rack
Solid flat bench
Adjustable bench
spin lock dumbells : I can get a single one up to about 110 but not both
EZ curl bar
Single pulley cable I made.

I have no idea how I'd do a muscle round with this set up. This is gonna be tough to figure out.

And a commercial gym is unfortunately out of the question. I will however slowly, as funds allow, be adding to the home gym.

I need to get my ass over to that board and figure out how to use this program. It seems amazing and if nothing else, It gives me some interesting ideas on how to tweak another program I like.
Hey Bud!

I PM'ed you and will hook you up over there when I know your userid.

So you got some great ideas as far as exercises to use for doing a MR. To be sure, when you said you have not idea how to do a Muscle Round, did you mean you don't know how to execute a muscle round in general, with any exercise, or what exercises you could do with the equipment you have?...

I'm asking for clarification b/c you asked only about doing MR's (not loading sets or Pump sets), so you seem like you're good to go on somewhat (?) with exercise variety with your set-up (you have a decent variety of exercises you have already been doing with your home equipment), but don't know how to do an MR?... Maybe you aren't sure what exercises you could use for an MR vs. the other Set Types?...

The book tells all, but this might help if figuring out how to do a MR is something that's still eluding you!

-S

Ok quick question while I’m waiting for access to the site,
I have a chronic injury that causes my right front felt and bicep to be markedly weaker than the left.
doing a unilateral exercise I typically start with my right and limit my left to what that does. Would it be best to avoid these types of exercises and if not, is the process of limitation still applied as I currently do it?

I have a chronic injury that causes my right front felt and bicep to be markedly weaker than the left.
doing a unilateral exercise I typically start with my right and limit my left to what that does. Would it be best to avoid these types of exercises and if not, is the process of limitation still applied as I currently do it?
You're in over at my board.

It would be best to address the chronic injury, IMO. I really don't follow the rest of your question entirely. If you can safely perform an exercise, I would do so. MR's (per the book and that video) have the limitation that you need to be able to safely take the exercise to failure. Also, you'd be starting and stopping between the sets of the MR, so an exercise where that's an issue (injured or not) is not a good choice. For instance, OH DB presses, unless you're using powerhooks or a similar set up that keeps the DB's at the starting position between sets, aren't usually a good idea (for MR's or most any cluster set) b/c of the energy expenditure in getting the DB's into position.

Working around an injury / physical limitation is a very specific endeavor an depends on the nature of the issue. I'd not even try to give you any specific advice in that regard without knowing exactly what you've got going on, except to say that seeing a professional and trying to fix the issue at it's root if at all possible before trying to push into progressive overload based training is the best course of action, IMO.

As a side soapbox, we have a culture online of trying to deal with orthopedic / neurological issues online (various kinds of discussion forums) and sometimes that will work, but in general I think its not terribly wise to try to get what is essentially low low level telemedicine (text messages only in many cases) often from non-licensed individuals to fix these kinds of issues. It's totally reasonable for someone to want to reach out this way - it's just soooo common - but not the best route, as far as I'm concerned. (Yes, sometimes doctors and medical professionals can be shitty ass clinicians, but there are a Lot of good ones out there!)

-S

Did you see my response to your inquiry on Muscle Rounds?...

-S

You're in over at my board.

It would be best to address the chronic injury, IMO. I really don't follow the rest of your question entirely. If you can safely perform an exercise, I would do so. MR's (per the book and that video) have the limitation that you need to be able to safely take the exercise to failure. Also, you'd be starting and stopping between the sets of the MR, so an exercise where that's an issue (injured or not) is not a good choice. For instance, OH DB presses, unless you're using powerhooks or a similar set up that keeps the DB's at the starting position between sets, aren't usually a good idea (for MR's or most any cluster set) b/c of the energy expenditure in getting the DB's into position.

Working around an injury / physical limitation is a very specific endeavor an depends on the nature of the issue. I'd not even try to give you any specific advice in that regard without knowing exactly what you've got going on, except to say that seeing a professional and trying to fix the issue at it's root if at all possible before trying to push into progressive overload based training is the best course of action, IMO.

As a side soapbox, we have a culture online of trying to deal with orthopedic / neurological issues online (various kinds of discussion forums) and sometimes that will work, but in general I think its not terribly wise to try to get what is essentially low low level telemedicine (text messages only in many cases) often from non-licensed individuals to fix these kinds of issues. It's totally reasonable for someone to want to reach out this way - it's just soooo common - but not the best route, as far as I'm concerned. (Yes, sometimes doctors and medical professionals can be shitty ass clinicians, but there are a Lot of good ones out there!)

-S
Hi Scott, thanks for your reply. My injury is irreversible nerve damage in my neck and is chronic but not getting any worse. As per my doctor, I can train normally. There is no pain other than getting more sore on one side and no increased risk of injury from this condition.
to clarify, and this is for any exercise at all that I do for my front delt or bicep, I limit my strong side to what my weak side can accomplish when I do any unilateral exercise. For example , on a concentration curl, if I can do 45 lbs for 6 reps before failure with my right arm, I limit the left to the same number of reps with that weight.
For exercises such as a barbell curl or shoulder press, this does not seem to come into play.
my question is, should I continued to do as I described or eliminate unilateral exercises for that front delt and bicep? Essentially, I’m asking if this method, would be limiting rate of progression and another tactics would be better employed in this scenario.
while I do progress on unilateral movements for these 2 muscles, it is slower than with bilateral exercises.

and to follow, I did see your reply, I’m rereading your book as well as watching your videos. Thank you as that helps and also clarifies some other things I misunderstood.

Hi Scott, thanks for your reply. My injury is irreversible nerve damage in my neck and is chronic but not getting any worse. As per my doctor, I can train normally.
to clarify, and this is for any exercise at all that I do for my front delt or bicep, I limit my strong side to what my weak side can accomplish when I do any unilateral exercise. For example , on a concentration curl, if I can do 45 lbs for 6 reps before failure with my right arm, I limit the left to the same number of reps with that weight.
For exercises such as a barbell curl or shoulder press, this does not seem to come into play.
my question is, should I continued to do as I described or eliminate unilateral exercises for that front delt and bicep? Essentially, I’m asking if this method, would be limiting rate of progression and another tactics would be better employed in this scenario.
while I do progress on unilateral movements for these 2 muscles, it is slower than with bilateral exercises.

and to follow, I did see your reply, I’m rereading your book as well as watching your videos. Thank you as that helps and also clarifies some other things I misunderstood.

I don't see why you would stop doing unilateral exercises, TBH. You could actually use different loads if you wanted to, to match rep strength in the good (heavier DB for instance) vs. bad side (higher DB), or simply do what you've been doing and match the stronger with weaker performance (progress with the weaker side and just match reps on the good side).

It sounds like you've got it under control, so it's up to you.

-S

I just bought the e-book. Is anybody doing the Basic Program Tier 3? If so, how long until you start to stall out and need to back off? It didn't look like enough volume to me originally until I wrote out the program with the exercises I will be doing. After I wrote it out, it looks pretty fucking brutal now. Haha. I've been weight training 6 days a week for the last 3 months but this just looks a lot different. I really didn't want to start with the Tier 1 setup but I'm now contemplating it. Anyone have any recommendations? Any advice would be appreciated.

I just bought the e-book. Is anybody doing the Basic Program Tier 3? If so, how long until you start to stall out and need to back off? It didn't look like enough volume to me originally until I wrote out the program with the exercises I will be doing. After I wrote it out, it looks pretty fucking brutal now. Haha. I've been weight training 6 days a week for the last 3 months but this just looks a lot different. I really didn't want to start with the Tier 1 setup but I'm now contemplating it. Anyone have any recommendations? Any advice would be appreciated.
Hey Bud!
Thanks for picking up the book!

I suggest everyone start with Tier I for at least the first week. It's just a good way to get a feel for the program and how the volume compounds over the week d/t the high frequency. After that first week, you can adjust as needed.

I've had quite a few people now go full bore into it at Tier III and find it was a mistake, so to speak. Often that mindset (not casting aspersions here at all) also means being pretty damn stubborn, so those folks very often end up trying to go a full 6 weeks at that Tier and end up pushing far too long without transitioning into an Intensive Cruise.

D/t the novelty of the program, even if you are better suited for Tier III, you'll get something out of Tier I in that first week, I'd imagine.

-S

P.S. Check you purchase email for how to get on my board - I've been answering Q's there for years on FT. (For instance I've probably said the above at least a dozen times... LOL)

Hey Bud!
Thanks for picking up the book!

I suggest everyone start with Tier I for at least the first week. It's just a good way to get a feel for the program and how the volume compounds over the week d/t the high frequency. After that first week, you can adjust as needed.

I've had quite a few people now go full bore into it at Tier III and find it was a mistake, so to speak. Often that mindset (not casting aspersions here at all) also means being pretty damn stubborn, so those folks very often end up trying to go a full 6 weeks at that Tier and end up pushing far too long without transitioning into an Intensive Cruise.

D/t the novelty of the program, even if you are better suited for Tier III, you'll get something out of Tier I in that first week, I'd imagine.

-S

P.S. Check you purchase email for how to get on my board - I've been answering Q's there for years on FT. (For instance I've probably said the above at least a dozen times... LOL)
will do. thanks

Anybody have a Template of this? I have been hearing about it and wanting to lower my frequency/volume a bit and am open to suggestions

Anybody have a Template of this? I have been hearing about it and wanting to lower my frequency/volume a bit and am open to suggestions
Its only $20. Just buy it and support @homonunculus and the work he put in.

I started off today with workout 4 of the Tier 1 program. The muscle rounds workout for upper body. It was tough and starting with tier 3 would have been a mistake. It’s definitely a different kind of workout. I’m loving it so far and it’s definitely enough volume to start.

I love that you can mix and match.What i have been doing lately is tier 1 for loading and using turbo tier 3 for muscle rounds.Let's see how long i can keep it up:D

I love that you can mix and match.What i have been doing lately is tier 1 for loading and using turbo tier 3 for muscle rounds.Let's see how long i can keep it up:D

i do this often. I run most body parts Tier 1, and pick 2 to run tier 2 with for a 2 week block.

block 1: back and arms tier 2
Block 2 chest/shoulders tier 2
Block 3: legs tier 2

it would seem that I would progress slower than if all body was tier 2, but I don’t. I have a very weak CNS…or what’s the word….CNS fatigue is always MY limiting factor, not muscle or connective tissue.

this block rotation keeps me energized, recovered, and make good progress. One thing i DO do, which Scott recommended on his board a few times, is i progress and track my pump sets and do his recommendation hard things, 21s, 5 out of the holes on the tier 1 muscles that block to still get some adaptations

like in my log book…I’m fucking attacking single arm cable curls for 19 reps if that’s a tier 1 bodypart that block .

Im back on Fortitude right now because i needed something fun lol
Was doing PPL this entire year, then hopped over to that advanced DC routine Dante has talked about ...but i always come back to Fortitude during my cruises and off periods. I actually have never used Fortitude to get HUGE or CUT DOWN. It's like my go-to for maintenance....but i want to change that. I think i'm going to run Fortitude for this next cut (soon as the wife gets preg). Im still at 290 but would love to see what Fortitude could pullll me down too. Scott! Guide me and lets make a log! lol

I think ive mentioned this 100x on this forum, but i love Fortitude.
Of course im cruising right now and low dosed everything so im running Turbo Tier 1.
Literally about to hit my Upper MR's in the next hour.

this block rotation keeps me energized, recovered, and make good progress. One thing i DO do, which Scott recommended on his board a few times, is i progress and track my pump sets and do his recommendation hard things, 21s, 5 out of the holes on the tier 1 muscles that block to still get some adaptations

like in my log book…I’m fucking attacking single arm cable curls for 19 reps if that’s a tier 1 bodypart that block .

I need to do this, my loading and MR sets are allllways on and in attack mode.
And i push my pump sets fuckin hard with partials and 5 in the holes...but i dont log them, i probably need to start.

The way you can customize is one of the best features. I do the 3-day family man plan 2-3 weeks of the month and the 4 day the other weeks. With my work / travel schedule this solves a lot of problems for me and I don't skip a beat. As far as a three day a week program it's the best one I've ever done so I don't feel like I'm missing much on those weeks that I have to do 3 days.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131