over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fortitude Training!

cracker backer

Registered
Verified Customer
Coming up on about 30 years of training with weights now. Tried so many different styles and methods over the years. All of them have value and their place for sure, but there are always ones that you like better than others or that work better for you individually. Started out training with weights for sports performance basic heavy programs for football. Late teens/early twenties got into bodybuilding style training, did 3 competitions during this phase. Mid twenties through early thirties got into powerlifting and strongman, did a few competitions just for the fun of it, nothing too serious. Would still do some BB’ing training, either volume or DC (both work great I think) just to keep from getting bored. By mid thirties, having kids/career/family etc with injuries starting to pile up from the years of heavy lifting got into more basic, athletic training - things like 5/3/1, Defranco stuff, lots of sprints, running, pushing the prowler, even tried crossfit for a bit, lol! Still lifting heavy though and kept hurting myself. 3 different orthopedic surgeries from 35-39. Last 2-3 years came back to more BB’ing style workouts. High volume, 8-15 rep range, bodypart split training. Made training fun again. Recently bought Scott Steven’s fortitude training and I’m absolutely loving (3 weeks in at this point, so a small sample size for sure)

I know there’s been a few threads on it here and there, but I just wanted to sing it’s praises a little bit. Really great, comprehensive program. I’d highly recommend anyone looking to try something different than what they are currently doing to check it out and give it a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't start a thread about it endorsing it and not give any details about it bro :D

So come on, give us the basics of Fortitude training.

I for one am always interested in new training ideas (since there's nothing new about nutrition and drugs, it's all been said).

I had a couple month run with it and really enjoyed it...it really takes a toll on the body with so much frequency involved. I also kind of enjoy going to the gym more often than 4 days per week when I can. I'll use it again and would definitely recommend it for anyone thats advanced and looking to try something new.

Well the great thing about fortitude is the ability to modify it a bit and still stay true to the essence of the program.. I can't nail a bodypart three times a week.. But I can do two and squeeze in three on occasion.. As long as I adhere to what scott lines out.. I recover for crap so I can't always do the higher frequency but am still able to more frequency than I imagined with just a few modifications ..

You can't start a thread about it endorsing it and not give any details about it bro :D

I for one am always interested in new training ideas (since there's nothing new about nutrition and drugs, it's all been said).

This^^ , what’s making it so good for you? Keep us posted since ur also only 3 weeks in.

Well - it is a pretty complex system. If you really want to know a lot about google Dr Scott Stevenson Fortitude Training. Worth investing in the ebook IMO.... but I’ll try to sum up

It incorporates a lot of different training styles, rep ranges, etc. it’s a high frequency low volume program - 4 days per week training, every day is mostly total body (in that there are lower body and upper body exercises every day, but not every body part per se). Everything gets hit 2-3 times per week though. There are heavy compounds at 6-12 reps if you’re a guy who likes heavy basic stuff - there are 15-25 rep “pump sets” if you’re a volume guy and like getting a good pump - and then there are also cluster sets (which he calls “muscle rounds”)

Example day 1 you hit heavy compound lower body, followed up with some upper body pump work. Another day is heavy upper body compound exercises followed by some lower body pump work (this is my favorite day of the program, I leave exhausted but body just feels physically “good”). Other days use combinations of the cluster sets and/or pump sets

Dr Scott is a sharp guy and put a lot of thought/science as well as real world knowledge into formulating it. Even if not used year round, I think it’s most definitely worth using for at least parts of the year, just to do something a little different than the “norm”

I love Fortitude and switch back and forth between MountainDog style stuff and Scott's Fortitude training.

I was actually abouuut to start a Fortitude blast (just like DC calls it) but i enjoy being in the gym more than 4 days per week.

Also, as much as I love the setup of DC and Fortitude because i love frequency, I feel like the BIG base of them is based on progressive overload. And my body at this point just cant handle pushing heavy weights anymore. As soon as I start to "beat the log book" with heavy compound lifts, i tweak something. It sucks. That's basically the reason why i always go back to MD stuff.

I love Fortitude and switch back and forth between MountainDog style stuff and Scott's Fortitude training.

I was actually abouuut to start a Fortitude blast (just like DC calls it) but i enjoy being in the gym more than 4 days per week.

Also, as much as I love the setup of DC and Fortitude because i love frequency, I feel like the BIG base of them is based on progressive overload. And my body at this point just cant handle pushing heavy weights anymore. As soon as I start to "beat the log book" with heavy compound lifts, i tweak something. It sucks. That's basically the reason why i always go back to MD stuff.

How about the higher rep ranges DC suggests for older lifters???

Have you tried MD's latest Gamma Bomb? Absolutely loving it so far....it gives me that same intensity that DC used to where you have to let your CNS recoup after a blast but still incorporates a lot of his higher rep range stuff for us guys that aren't in our twenties any longer.

Fortitude is something I would like to give a go at some point later this year. I know John and Scott share a lot of the same beliefs and work together at times, so I'm betting it would be well worth a shot.

I just started Fortitude this week, I’m 2 days in, 4 days is perfect for me, I’m doing 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off. I put my own exercises in and do the reps and body part that’s laid out. After 2 days my legs are sore but I admittedly don’t do legs as much as I should. He has some food diet info in his ebook as well but it took me a bit to understand what to do and how much on the days before I read into the diet

Bought the e-book several months ago and it was by far one of the best most descriptive and programs I’ve ever read. Will admit it’s intimadiTing at first cause it looks so complicated. But once you read through the book and program it all has a purpose that makes so much sense and come together perfect. And like mentioned earlier it’s meant for you to make it fit you. Just love the book. Actually think I’m gonna read it again at work this week.

Bought the e-book several months ago and it was by far one of the best most descriptive and programs I’ve ever read. Will admit it’s intimadiTing at first cause it looks so complicated. But once you read through the book and program it all has a purpose that makes so much sense and come together perfect. And like mentioned earlier it’s meant for you to make it fit you. Just love the book. Actually think I’m gonna read it again at work this week.

For me... I read through it 3 times and still wasn’t sure about a few things (and I’m not totally stupid - I do work in physics as my trade! lol). It wasn’t until I looked closely at the log sheets that everything finally clicked for me in terms of totally understanding the program

Ohh I totally agree. Definetly had to go back and reread sections multiple times to fully comprehend. But once you see the layout it’s much easier to understand like you said. I ran it not too long ago for 8 weeks then reloaded for coupl weeeks and have been doing my own thing again since but definetly wanna get into it again very soon

Doesn't Scott also sell an e-book where he spells it all out for you giving you a specific workout to follow? I think the e-book is intended for those who do not want to have to think too much or read the entire original e-book. I do think it specializes in chest/calves if I remember correctly, but it can be easily adapted.

How is your progress made with MD compared to FT or DC training?

Obviously a ton of factor especially diet are at play but I always like hearing people's thoughts on John's programs compared to others, I've never tried any MD training

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I feel exactly the same, usually switch between the two, been doing fortitude for about two years now on and off. Love fortitude and was thinking of starting another blast phase of it, but lately mountaindog training 6 days a week has been awesome for me and I don't want to cut it back...

I've looked into it and am going to buy the ebook one of these days. Seems like an interesting and novel way to train and something new is always fun. Gotta give Dr. Stevenson props for the trailer he made, that really got me sold! (plus he looks amazing from a bb'ing perspective)

Does it say in the ebook why it's split up over 4 days and not say 6? I assume to have more days off to recuperate?

Can someone post a one day sample workout please?

I am 41 and love FT, I can only run tier 2 for about 4 weeks before I need to "deload" and do muscle rounds. Just hit a PR of 315 on inline for my upper load today. I would highly recommend his ebook. It explains everything.

Doesn't Scott also sell an e-book where he spells it all out for you giving you a specific workout to follow? I think the e-book is intended for those who do not want to have to think too much or read the entire original e-book. I do think it specializes in chest/calves if I remember correctly, but it can be easily adapted.

Theres a different thing you can buy for $150 called “the virgin voyage” its the 1st 8 weeks of training and diet all laid out for you and you get a copy of the e-book thrown in too

Theres a different thing you can buy for $150 called “the virgin voyage” its the 1st 8 weeks of training and diet all laid out for you and you get a copy of the e-book thrown in too

Do you own that ebook? How do you like it?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131