Forum Ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxman101

Registered
Just curious where you guys stand…

And honestly not sure where I stand
(Mixed emotions)

But I’ve noticed the sponsor thread becoming cluttered with certain ones having over 5..maybe 10..threads on the first page alone.

Now on one hand, they pay their fees.. so why not take advantage of the post button and fire away, after all, nothing to lose right?

On the other hand, I think wow, this just makes seeing others and more info I I might be looking for that much harder.

What are your guys thoughts ?

Please keep it respectful, and not name certain names, I’m just looking for opinions and thoughts , I don’t want to cause drama for anyone especially ones that contribute to the board and bring us good products.

Maybe @LATS or @rAJJIN or even BigA can chime in as they have an entire different prospective on it as they sit in a different position than the normal “consumer” or “coach” If your a sponsor and want to send me a private message with your thoughts that would be cool also, I’d like to see the thinking from that side.

Thanks and look forward to responses

If this is offense , or goes against the rules or is stirring the pot for anyone, please delete as needed

I'm only one person, but if a sponsor over advertises and has a sale every week, I generally am not interested. It's kinda like looking at a pamphlet at a porche dealership, just the specs, if you didn't know it was real, you wouldn't be here.

I agree, it does make it kind of hard to find specific sponsors that don't bump every day or the current promo and actual reviews of the products.

Sponsors pay money, so they can advertise as long as they stay within guidelines of rules. You also have a search button which people seem to forget about. You can go directly to any sponsor you want with it.

Really doesn't take much time to get to other threads on sponsor threads. I know some advertise a lot, but I just overlook those and move to next ones. You can put people on your ignore list too.

Doesn’t bother me. There are two awesome sponsors here I stick with anyways. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I don’t spend much time scrolling through the sponsor thread unless it’s to give a shout out to those two.

Don’t you think some members would like to see deals and promos? Lol . What if the messages didn’t appear and some may lose the opportunity for a good deal or promo? Sheesh, that’s one way thinking on your part, op lol

Just put the frequent sponsor rep on ignore

I can say that in all my years here it hasn't bothered me except for one particular sponsor. They had an over zealous rep that posted endless cut and paste things on the main forum. Other than that I think keeping it in the sponsor forum, whatever they do within the rules to keep their goods in view is fine with me.

Most the time from what I have seen over the years the good products sell themselves.
Look at the Riptropin thread for example.
One thread, several years old and I think 100,000 reply or something crazy like that.
And the reply’s are by members-users of the products. Not one or two reps pumping it or talking back and fourth with nonsense.

Last edited:
Don’t you think some members would like to see deals and promos? Lol . What if the messages didn’t appear and some may lose the opportunity for a good deal or promo? Sheesh, that’s one way thinking on your part, op lol
I guess you missed the part of my post where I said some have 5-10 just on the first page , which could easily be consolidated into one or two threads etc.

Promos / deals are one thing … clutter is totally different .

You get upset with people in your thread for not “reading your entire post” and you being asked a question that you already answered but you do the same elsewhere lol 😂

I'm only one person, but if a sponsor over advertises and has a sale every week, I generally am not interested. It's kinda like looking at a pamphlet at a porche dealership, just the specs, if you didn't know it was real, you wouldn't be here.
I’ve been burned before. My experience is those that are the loudest in the room stay away from. Product sells itself if it’s good (and tested).

OP, the sources you refer to, check and see how much hplc testing they have on their products. I know the one has zero.

It seems to me it's the reps for the sponsors doing it. If theyre getting compensated to rep, they probably feel they are just doing the best jobs they can. And in fairness, If you want an answer from one of these reps, you wont wait more than 10 minutes most times.

Its been said a good sponsor can have one thread and crush it for 10 plus years. Thats definitely true.

It's all business so there is going to be a competition for attention in the space. If youve been around for a minute you know how to filter out noise.

Just curious where you guys stand…

And honestly not sure where I stand
(Mixed emotions)

But I’ve noticed the sponsor thread becoming cluttered with certain ones having over 5..maybe 10..threads on the first page alone.

Now on one hand, they pay their fees.. so why not take advantage of the post button and fire away, after all, nothing to lose right?

On the other hand, I think wow, this just makes seeing others and more info I I might be looking for that much harder.

What are your guys thoughts ?

Please keep it respectful, and not name certain names, I’m just looking for opinions and thoughts , I don’t want to cause drama for anyone especially ones that contribute to the board and bring us good products.

Maybe @LATS or @rAJJIN or even BigA can chime in as they have an entire different prospective on it as they sit in a different position than the normal “consumer” or “coach” If your a sponsor and want to send me a private message with your thoughts that would be cool also, I’d like to see the thinking from that side.

Thanks and look forward to responses

If you do it right and really take the time to read reviews starting months back and move forward and see through the clutter and look into WHO is posting reviews in which sponsor threads it begins to look so much clearer to you. It becomes obvious.

I guess you missed the part of my post where I said some have 5-10 just on the first page , which could easily be consolidated into one or two threads etc.

Promos / deals are one thing … clutter is totally different .

You get upset with people in your thread for not “reading your entire post” and you being asked a question that you already answered but you do the same elsewhere lol 😂

Sorry bro, may have skimmed over that lol

i dont get on any forum page except this one. havent for years..... kinda forget other forums r there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws