over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Found some old mags

wtw11171

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My father gave me some of his old magazines from like the 70's and early
80's. He must have 50 or more of them. Mags like Muscular Development, Muscle Mag, Weider's Muscle and Weider's Muscle & Fitness. I grabbed about ten of them with Zane, Arnold, Franco, Ferrigno etc. He gave me a 1977 vid Arnold Pumping Iron. Good stuff.

Great stuff! I'd love to have some of the old magazines back!

yep, those were the days. the golden era is over:(

MD was the first muscle mag I saw I think. I remember seeing those covers on the stand and thinking, I want to look like that. It would be cool if you could scan a cover or two and post it, if possible. :)

MD was the first muscle mag I saw I think. I remember seeing those covers on the stand and thinking, I want to look like that. It would be cool if you could scan a cover or two and post it, if possible. :)

The ones I have now are Muscle Builder and Power with Arnold Franco and Zane on the cover from June 1978. Muscle Development with Arnold on the cover from Feb. 1979. Muscle Mag International with Arnold on the cover from Sept. 1979. Muscle Mag International with Zane on the cover from Nov. 1978. Joe Weider's Muscle with Ferrigno on the cover from July 1979. Joe Weider's Muscle with Zane on the cover from May 1979 and Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness with Arnold (Conan) on the cover from August 1984. I thought I grabbed ten but it only 7. My father still has about 40 other mags at this house. There may be some earlier dates and I could check the next time I am there. If you want to see any of the cover I could scan them and post.

Yea thats awesome I LOVE when I stumble on some old mags or vids at a pawn shop or garage sale or something!

I've got a bunch of the old Muscle media 2000 mags from the 90's, great stuff including articles by Dan Duchain

:)

Attachments

• mdev9603.jpg
    mdev9603.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 270
  • mdev9609.jpg
    mdev9609.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 268
  • mdev9610.jpg
    mdev9610.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 267
  • mmi-9602.jpg
    mmi-9602.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 209
  • m&f-0596.jpg
    m&f-0596.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 227
My father gave me some of his old magazines from like the 70's and early
80's. He must have 50 or more of them. Mags like Muscular Development, Muscle Mag, Weider's Muscle and Weider's Muscle & Fitness. I grabbed about ten of them with Zane, Arnold, Franco, Ferrigno etc. He gave me a 1977 vid Arnold Pumping Iron. Good stuff.

The old mags are the best. They aren't all ads like the current mags.

The ones I have now are Muscle Builder and Power with Arnold Franco and Zane on the cover from June 1978. Muscle Development with Arnold on the cover from Feb. 1979. Muscle Mag International with Arnold on the cover from Sept. 1979. Muscle Mag International with Zane on the cover from Nov. 1978. Joe Weider's Muscle with Ferrigno on the cover from July 1979. Joe Weider's Muscle with Zane on the cover from May 1979 and Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness with Arnold (Conan) on the cover from August 1984. I thought I grabbed ten but it only 7. My father still has about 40 other mags at this house. There may be some earlier dates and I could check the next time I am there. If you want to see any of the cover I could scan them and post.

Any one of those from the 70's would be good if you can. Its cool to see how the bodybuilder "look" has evolved since then.

Awesome attachments Baal. I remember some of those covers!

I have 7 but I could only do 5. The other 2 are with Ferrigno as the Hulk and Arnold as Conan. I hope they came out alright.

Last edited:
Those are so sweet, I grew up with my dad having all of those from the late 60's on.
Ever since I could remember I read those mags.
Although I believe the REAL golden era for BB was the early-mid 90's....

I have 7 but I could only do 5. The other 2 are with Ferrigno as the Hulk and Arnold as Conan. I hope they came out alright.

Thanks for posting those! Brought back some memories for me. I remember having that magazine with Arnold, Franco and Zane on the cover. Very cool. They almost look small and soft to the guys on stage now :) And the waists..... tiny compared to now.

Although I believe the REAL golden era for BB was the early-mid 90's....

yeah, your right, i stand corrected, arnold's time and he himself set the stage and gave the inspiration to most who took up the iron game

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear