over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fountain of youth contains 'miracle' ingredient

chainheart

Kilo Klub Member
pomegranate fruit contains 'miracle' ingredient that strengthens aging muscles and extends life. "Mitochondria - tiny 'battery packs' that power our cells - run down with age But eating pomegranates was found to power them up again Chemicals in pomegranates are turned into a compound called urolithin A This helps body recycle recharge cells and therefore keep aging at bay."

"Research shows that pomegranates can help prevent or treat various disease risk factors, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, oxidative stress, hyperglycemia and inflammation. Pomegranates have even been shown to provide anticarcinogenic effects. Pomegranate seeds can prevent and treat certain forms of cancer!"

loaded with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and potassium. another list the pomegranate makes — the top 10 aphrodisiac foods.

Pomegranates contain ingredient that strengthens ageing muscles and extends life | Daily Mail Online

how many of you eat pompegranates?

**broken link removed**

I never eat it but is there's a supplement to get all the benefits.

I never eat it but is there's a supplement to get all the benefits.

You can never get ALL the benefits of a food from a supplement.
Also there is no such thing as "super foods". Eat a variety

The fruit that keeps on giving :)

I have been drinking 200ml ever since Dante started talking about it. I do travel a lot and stay longer periods offshore, there I just supplement with Endothelial Support from LF.

It's a powerhouse for sure as a food or the juice (not from concentrate) but price does get up there. Even the 6-pack of Lakewood juice is $85 or something if you get the organic one

It's a powerhouse for sure as a food or the juice (not from concentrate) but price does get up there. Even the 6-pack of Lakewood juice is $85 or something if you get the organic one

If i got the right organic lakewood, its cheap as hell at albertsons.... Like $6.... In a glass jar.... U can ask any grocery store to carry almost anything....

I do think mine says from concentrate allthough 100% organic?? Odd

And they also have he tart cherry by itself got both

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

Last edited:
Fuck k'm I s when that juice was made,by them time you get all those compounds are in an unknown state,oh do not get me started on the fructose content that likely outweights the supposed benefirts...
Now the extract is something I want to hear people' thoughts on...

i just eat the fruit and as much as i can. grapefruit at least three times a week but here lately on a daily basis. and a banana a day at some point to decelerate metformin runny bowels ( banana or oatmeal works)

Very interesting...

Just checked the fruit wholesale distributor here, it's around $15 for a 4kg box.

It's not exactly cheap here, but not too bad.

"Description
FEDERALLY SPONSORED RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT

This invention was made with Government support of Grant No. AT000151 awarded by the National Institutes of Health. The Government has certain rights in this invention.
INTRODUCTION

Ellagitannins (ETs) are polymeric polyphenols abundant in some fruits and nuts such as pomegranates, raspberries, strawberries, black raspberries, walnuts and almonds. Despite numerous reports of the biological properties and human health benefits of ETs, knowledge of their bioavailability, pharmacokinetics, disposition and metabolic fate in humans is limited.

Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) fruits are widely consumed fresh and as beverages such as juice (PJ). In commercial juice processing methods, ETs which are abundant in the fruit peels, are extracted in large quantities into the juice. Punicalagin [2,3 hexahydroxydiphenoyl-4,6-gallagylglucose], which occurs as isomers (FIG. 1), is the predominant ET present in PJ as a result of this process. ETs belong to the chemical class of hydrolyzable tannins, which release ellagic acid (EA) on hydrolysis. In addition, PJ contains other polyphenols such as anthocyanins, which are present in the fruit arils, imparting its brilliant ruby-red color.

The potent antioxidant properties of PJ have been attributed to its high content of punicalagin isomers which can reach levels>2 g/L juice. ETs have also been identified as the active anti-atherogenic compounds in PJ. It has been suggested that pomegranate ETs and pomegranate fruit extracts inhibit the proliferation of human cancer cells and modulate inflammatory sub-cellular signaling pathways and apoptosis, see, for example, Seeram et al. (2005) J Nutr Biochem. 2005; 16:360-7; Adams et al. (2006) J Agric Food Chem. 2006, 54, 980-85; Afaq et al. (2005) Photochem Photobiol. 2005; 81:38-45; Afaq et al. (2005) Int J. Cancer. 2005; 113:423-33. Pomegranate fruit extract has also been suggested to reduce prostate tumor growth and prostate serum antigen (PSA) levels in athymic nude mice implanted with CWR22Rv1 prostate cells (Malik et al. (2005) Proc Natl Acad. Sci. 2005; 102: 14813-8.

Although the absorption, metabolism, distribution and excretion of pomegranate ETs in animals and in humans, have been reported, their pharmacokinetic parameters remain uninvestigated. It is becoming clear that considerable inter-individual variability occurs in polyphenol metabolism in humans. As such, there is a need to establish bioavailability, metabolism and pharmacokinetic parameters of pomegranate ETs in human volunteers and to link ETs and/or metabolites thereof to specific beneficial properties, e.g., antioxidant, cancer cell antiproliferative and pro-apoptotic effects, etc. This invention meets these and other needs.
SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The present invention is drawn to metabolites of pomegranate polyphenols (e.g., ellagitannins) or derivatives thereof, which polyphenols find use in methods of treating and/or preventing a hyperproliferative disease in a subject. The subject ellagitannin metabolites are shown herein to have an anti-proliferative and/or pro-apoptotic effect on cells, and as such, find use in the treatment and prevention of a number of disease states, e.g. to inhibit tumor growth, to decrease inflammation associated with a lymphoproliferative disorder, to inhibit graft rejection, or neurological damage due to tissue repair, etc.

In one embodiment of the invention, a pharmaceutical composition is provided, comprising an effective dose of an ellagitannin metabolite and a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient. The effective dose will usually be effective for inhibiting the proliferation of a cell, including tumor cells, e.g. solid tumor cells, such as carcinomas, e.g. pancreatic carcinomas, prostate carcinomas, and the like. In certain embodiments, the ellagitannin metabolites of interest are urolithins and/or derivatives thereof.

In another embodiment of the invention, methods are provided for inhibiting undesirable cell proliferation, the method comprising contacting the cells with an effective dose of an ellagitannin metabolite and a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient. Cells of interest include, without limitation, tumor cells, e.g. solid tumor cells, such as carcinomas, e.g. pancreatic carcinomas, prostate carcinomas, and the like. In certain embodiments, the ellagitannin metabolites of interest are urolithins and/or derivatives thereof.

In some embodiments of the invention, patients are classified as metabolite producers and metabolite non-producers, where treatment may be tailored to the status of the patient."

goes on much further below:

Patent US8648112 - Therapeutic uses of urolithins - Google Patents
Has a lot of prostate cancer fighting properties

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil