over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Frank Zane at Almost 72

Awesome and great for him. Does anyone know how he got that scar on his throat?

I know he had an accident at his home in 1980. I believe it involved a chair collapse poolside and there was a large loss of blood. Injury required long hospitalization due to infection. I'm just guessing but perhaps a trach stoma from the hospitalization perhaps. Just speculation. It looks pretty large for a trach stoma. But u never can tell what may occur when infection sets in on a wound and requires additional surgery. This is all speculation.

Its definitely a tracheotomy, just not sure what required it.

But yea, I read that first post and thought I was reading an info mercial. Terrible.

Still going strong at 72, truly amazing. And his neck just looks like wrinkles, you know how old people get "turkey neck" doesn't look like a scar.

Being this healthy in your 70s should be everyone's goal!

Ya it always nice to see older athlets still in good health
However im not a fan, like Arnold said he looks like a chicken

Im 30 now and I sometimes wonder at that age what else do people have to look forward to other than death? Zane looks great though.

Frank Zane has always been one of my favorite bodybuilders of all time.

Mine to I've always and still am trying to achieve his physique well from the waste up these days

I am truly amazed that he was able to make each sentence a commercial to sell something. He is selling everything except for the main thing that keeps him so lean and muscular. Sorry, his spiel is way over the top. Does he work for Ross?

Sounds like a good infomercial!

Either way, he doesn't look 72 yrs old.

Last edited:
I know he had an accident at his home in 1980. I believe it involved a chair collapse poolside and there was a large loss of blood. Injury required long hospitalization due to infection. I'm just guessing but perhaps a trach stoma from the hospitalization perhaps. Just speculation. It looks pretty large for a trach stoma. But u never can tell what may occur when infection sets in on a wound and requires additional surgery. This is all speculation.

It was much worse. The accident caused him to cut his urethra! (I folded my knees in as I wrote this)

The foldable chair collapsed and he ripped it at the pool. Lots of blood loss and hospitalization was necessary.

Zane72.jpg

For the last couple of months I've been training regularly three times a week with Fernandez, doing my new Let's Grow routine with everything right to make gains. Not attending Arnold Expo this year saved me a lot of energy which I've channeled into training. Plus, I've been consuming 75 grams of my new Egg White Perfection daily in various mixes before and after workouts and then after dinner. As a result I'm getting a tremendous pump in my workouts, check out this shot take after Tuesday's workout.

When I'm not training, eating, or sleeping I'm writing my next book Let's Grow. It's all about how to train, eat, relax and think to grow muscle and a positive attitude. It features my new three way split routine, is very detailed, just finished the rough draft and I'm shooting for publication in early May. Watch for it. Already have lots of pre-order requests from Building the Body quarterly subscribers. This routine is doing it for me, at age almost 72 I'm growing muscle. Who knew!

Still growing,
Frank Zane

pretty god shape for his age. anyone seen robby robinson ltely? dude is crazy shredded buddy of mine trains w him at golds venice

Im 30 now and I sometimes wonder at that age what else do people have to look forward to other than death? Zane looks great though.

They look forward to life. Every day, living, doing the things they want do, going into the gym, getting a great pump, pushing yourself, living.

Take care of yourself, you can be ALIVE at 72. Don't take care of yourself, you can be NON FUNCTIONAL when it comes to the things you love to do, at 50.

It's not a hard choice, and I would say it's more than a choice, it's a responsibility to the gift of life you have been given.

He looked great then and he is looking great now, His physique will always be at least for me the Ideal one to have.

Awesome and very inspirational. Hope I can look that good and still be chugging along 30 years from now when I'm his age.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws