over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Freak out the crowd or cover up?

Im glad that out of that entire post you decide to comment on the 220 part.
Yeah, because Flex Lewis sized guys are walking around everywherrreee.

220 lb flex Lewis will make almost any 250 plus lb plus guy look like a newbie lifter. You guys get so caught up in weight numbers...LOL

Im glad that out of that entire post you decide to comment on the 220 part.
Yeah, because Flex Lewis sized guys are walking around everywherrreee.

Well, you might have read it the wrong way TheOtherOne. I think b-boy was probably talking more about the quality of the weight. Bloated perma-bulkers at 250 won’t be stared at as freaks in public, no matter if they wear a skin-tight XL or a 3XL. Being 220 or even 200 in phenomenal condition is defo going to get more public attention. The scale is defo way too important for many. Maybe it’s an ego thing like the old “how much do you bench bro?”, I dunno 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well, you might have read it the wrong way TheOtherOne. I think b-boy was probably talking more about the quality of the weight. Bloated perma-bulkers at 250 won’t be stared at as freaks in public, no matter if they wear a skin-tight XL or a 3XL. Being 220 or even 200 in phenomenal condition is defo going to get more public attention. The scale is defo way too important for many. Maybe it’s an ego thing like the old “how much do you bench bro?”, I dunno 🤷🏼‍♂️
THANK YOU ^^^^^[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on everything except this but maybe it's just because I dislike unnecessary showing off in general. But to each his own.

Yes, this...

I'm not against people wearing whatever they wants; tanks tops, whatever.

Me, I'm just kind of a quiet guy, in manner and dress. I'm most comfortable looking like a page from a Land's End or LL Bean catalog - with an extra 50lbs. of muscle.
It's not about what others think, It's how I like to see - and present, myself in public.

I dressed mostly for comfort and only stripped down to keep from dripping in sweat. And I mostly got negative feed back and preferred to just have an nice innocuous time.

exactly. That was MY point. My point, which maybe was lost now, was that weight and quality weight matter. My comparison was 4X (If you are 290 with a 4X, you’re massive) That’s why I said “because there’s so many Flex physiques walking around.” There aren’t. 220 to 99.9% of the public is just a regular guy. So yeah maybe that 0.0001 Flex at 220 works, but for the rest of the world, it’s nothing.

man, losing the entire point of this thread.

realistically, the average PM user doesn’t need to cover up nor do they need to show off.

I train hard and diet ed year round.so im not keeping it cooped up in the house or under a huge shirt.I don't go around showing off but I do like the compliments I get. And not to show off but I get them compliments every single day anywhere I go.its hard to hide it no matter what you wear. Honestly it get annoying sometimes because every one wants to start a conversation with me .young,old,really old,male,females, and some that I cant tell what they are lol.my wife always makes me laugh and says going out with you is like being with a celebrity 🤣🤣

What I dont like is when they take pics like if your an idiot and can't tell thsts what they doing. That I find disrespectful. I don't take pic of people. I don't know them and don't know where those pics will end up.

And the worst line that I hate and get it so often DO YOU WORK OUT? no I was fucking born like this idiot. Or HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK YOU GO TO THE GYM. Who cares are you going to go that same amount of days and look like this
20200923_100304.jpg

I train hard and diet ed year round.so im not keeping it cooped up in the house or under a huge shirt.I don't go around showing off but I do like the compliments I get. And not to show off but I get them compliments every single day anywhere I go.its hard to hide it no matter what you wear. Honestly it get annoying sometimes because every one wants to start a conversation with me .young,old,really old,male,females, and some that I cant tell what they are lol.my wife always makes me laugh and says going out with you is like being with a celebrity 🤣🤣

What I dont like is when they take pics like if your an idiot and can't tell thsts what they doing. That I find disrespectful. I don't take pic of people. I don't know them and don't know where those pics will end up.

And the worst line that I hate and get it so often DO YOU WORK OUT? no I was fucking born like this idiot. Or HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK YOU GO TO THE GYM. Who cares are you going to go that same amount of days and look like this
View attachment 121448
I dont think we have ever seen a pic of you?

Art Atwood lived near me when i was in college. he was bout at his prime then. he DEF showed it lol. he would hang out at this lake side bar and grill and show up in small tank top big as fuck and just turn heads it was nuts. he was so fucking big. he had fun with it, nothing wrong with that either.
-F

You in the DFW Metroplex area?

I was cutting timber next to the highway today with no shirt just my suspenders like I do all year long rain or shine. People pulling over filming me all day. I turned off my power saw several time to chat them up. Lots of compliments on my work and my body. There are Not too many guys built like me rippin through timber sans shirtmurdering trees. The compliments are always appreciated as is the audience. A friend sent me a few of the pics he took of me.

Attachments

• 2723A659-24B6-4E90-8483-392387FC2AAA.jpeg
    2723A659-24B6-4E90-8483-392387FC2AAA.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 84
Here’s another one. For posterity sake and Just to let the “green peacers” see we are still going strong in the Pacific Northwest and still killing lots of old big things🖕🏻

Attachments

• CC2FE1E6-0802-4789-8166-EB86E4C6A6F6.jpeg
    CC2FE1E6-0802-4789-8166-EB86E4C6A6F6.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 51
Look I feel that if you look good & not just bloated or puffy. Show it if you want because not everyone can do it even though I know many people don’t understand our lifestyle. I hate when they say at least you have a healthy hobbie...say what? Lmao!

Yeah, even though I'm of the opposite mentality myself, I respect Pusher's honesty.

took a while to i guess realize, or 'come to grips' with that mentality...

no matter how big/lean i got, i still remembered being that skinny kid growing up. i downsized for a while (depression, really) and then went back up a little and really, really noticed the difference in attention i got from people, women/girls especially. i know i'm the same guy (done some therapy obviously lol), but i definitely don't get the same attention when i'm 'small' or regular sized. i realize my appearance gets my foot in the door, but it's up to me to actually STAY in, which i usually do. a large large majority of my clients (female clients) eventually admit to me they expected to to be either a super-dumb meathead, or a conceited asshole, or both, and i'm far far far from either of them.

don't take yourself so seriously.

I don't think people care, and most don't view big freaky bodybuilders in a positive way.
Have you seen the photo of Ronnie Coleman and Nasser wearing suits side by side? They look ridiculous.
All I'm saying is dress any way you want for your own self and comfort and don't worry too much about what people might think of your looks whether in a positive or negative way.
I had a friend in the real estate business, was a bit big. He had to lose some weight because unfortunately his clients did not take him seriously.

I don't think people care, and most don't view big freaky bodybuilders in a positive way.
Have you seen the photo of Ronnie Coleman and Nasser wearing suits side by side? They look ridiculous.
All I'm saying is dress any way you want for your own self and comfort and don't worry too much about what people might think of your looks whether in a positive or negative way.
I had a friend in the real estate business, was a bit big. He had to lose some weight because unfortunately his clients did not take him seriously.

you’re right because when you’re that size even custom suits don’t look normal...lol!

I once seen Ronnie at an Applebees in Texas after a big show he guest posted at well over 300lbs. Might have been 08 ish maybe earlier. My best friend competed and I was getting ready for a show. The king was in an all white pimp suit lol and it was the craziest shit I ever seen. By far the largest looking human being I have ever came across. Still picture it in my mind. He sat and talked w us for a good bit like just another guy bs'ing. A young Steve Kluco was at the bar too... my buddy and i both realized that night we had no real future in this sport.

Fuggin' freaks

I once seen Ronnie at an Applebees in Texas after a big show he guest posted at well over 300lbs. Might have been 08 ish maybe earlier. My best friend competed and I was getting ready for a show. The king was in an all white pimp suit lol and it was the craziest shit I ever seen. By far the largest looking human being I have ever came across. Still picture it in my mind. He sat and talked w us for a good bit like just another guy bs'ing. A young Steve Kluco was at the bar too... my buddy and i both realized that night we had no real future in this sport.

Fuggin' freaks

brother at least you two were humble enough to realize it before you went broke with travel, food, gear, gh & all the expenses that go with competing.

I agree with you on everything except this but maybe it's just because I dislike unnecessary showing off in general. But to each his own.

It's real simple- someone who is secure in themselves in how they look doesn't feel compelled to even care to blast people for being in better shape.

Faulting somebody for being better at you for something is a mechanism for justifying your shortcomings to yourself.

I don't judge or care what other people look like, how much money they make, what they have, etc because it doesn't make me any better or worse for it.

I'm sorry, but people who are truly bothered by JUST someone's looks/physical appearance have issues with themselves.

Now if somebody is jacked and doing things to go out of their way to be obnoxious and draw attention to themselves or acting arrogant, that's something different- but now we're talking about ACTIONS and not strictly looks.

It's real simple- someone who is secure in themselves in how they look doesn't feel compelled to even care to blast people for being in better shape.

Faulting somebody for being better at you for something is a mechanism for justifying your shortcomings to yourself.

I don't judge or care what other people look like, how much money they make, what they have, etc because it doesn't make me any better or worse for it.

I'm sorry, but people who are truly bothered by JUST someone's looks/physical appearance have issues with themselves.

Now if somebody is jacked and doing things to go out of their way to be obnoxious and draw attention to themselves or acting arrogant, that's something different- but now we're talking about ACTIONS and not strictly looks.

There's an entire economy built on this psychology

It's a seed planted when you're young, and watered daily by society to create walking, talking, tax paying adults with inferiority complexes

Sadly there is a big portion of this stuff within the fitness community, it's the reason supplement companies thrive, fitness apparel with xs sleeves on a large t shirt gain notoriety, and a system of dopamine regulation is rewired in your brain through Instagram.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear