over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Freedom Boxes

Strategus

Newbies
Sometimes Google News provides really interesting ideas - here's one called "Freedom Boxes."

Radical reading from the New York Times - :;tar-wars

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/16/nyregion/16about.html?src=twrhp

"On Tuesday afternoon, as Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton spoke in Washington about the Internet and human liberty, a Columbia law professor in Manhattan, Eben Moglen, was putting together a shopping list to rebuild the Internet — this time, without governments and big companies able to watch every twitch of our fingers.

The list begins with “cheap, small, low-power plug servers,” Mr. Moglen said. “A small device the size of a cellphone charger, running on a low-power chip. You plug it into the wall and forget about it.”

Almost anyone could have one of these tiny servers, which are now produced for limited purposes but could be adapted to a full range of Internet applications, he said.

“They will get very cheap, very quick,” Mr. Moglen said. “They’re $99; they will go to $69. Once everyone is getting them, they will cost $29.”

The missing ingredients are software packages, which are available at no cost but have to be made easy to use. “You would have a whole system with privacy and security built in for the civil world we are living in,” he said. “It stores everything you care about.”

Put free software into the little plug server in the wall, and you would have a Freedom Box that would decentralize information and power, Mr. Moglen said. This month, he created the Freedom Box Foundation to organize the software.

“We have to aim our engineering more directly at politics now,” he said. “What has happened in Egypt is enormously inspiring, but the Egyptian state was late to the attempt to control the Net and not ready to be as remorseless as it could have been.”

By contrast, with tens of thousands of individual encrypted servers, there would be no one place where a repressive government could find out who was publishing or reading “subversive” material."

======

freedomboxfoundation
FreedomBox - Debian Wiki

======

PS Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger LOL. I don't know much about computers except how to use one....

If I'm understanding this correctly...these little servers will be in everyone's home and the will access other servers recreating the internet via the electrical powergrid all over the world?
Is this correct? If so I think its genius...fuck the local ISP and the govern'mt.

what they might look like....

Here's some followup that details some of the "power-plug" technology that's involved. Basically they look like your average cable modem....

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• tor_x220.jpg
    tor_x220.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 96
Tried out Tor

Tor is the anonymity software that these articles are talking about.

So, I decided to try it out. I downloaded Tor (for Firefox) and tried it out. The download was easy even for this non-computer-geek. Just google "Tor" and you can find it.

Took it for a test drive.

It pretty much only works with Firefox, so hopefully you have Firefox.

It's a little slower than ordinary browsing and there are no javascripts, videos, no YouTube.

However, it's definitely something of interest to those who are privacy-minded, and it's pretty easy to use.

Last edited:
I foresee big brother finding a way to regulate and control this device.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity