over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Freezing unconstituted hgh/peptides

sillichilli

Registered
Is there any definitive answer as to whether it is ok to freeze peptides/hgh for long-term storage when they are still in their powder form? Seems like there are different answers all over the internet.

I’m sticking with the refrigerator set very cold. Freezing them can shrink the powder and mess them up. This is what i heard anyway. I’ve had good luck with refrigerating them long term.

I’ve had peps in the freezer for 5 years and they were just as good as the day I bought them. I have no scientific data, I didn’t conduct a study lol, but I always freeze everything, no real reason not to.

Vac seal and freezer seems like no brainer to me based on my digging. I know people claim you can’t freeze hcg but many manufacturers freeze the unreconstituted power the idea you can’t makes no sense. Vacuum may be inferior on some generics but I’d think vac sealing everything w a bag resolves that.

I’ve had peps in the freezer for 5 years and they were just as good as the day I bought them. I have no scientific data, I didn’t conduct a study lol, but I always freeze everything, no real reason not to.

Same got my mt2 and ghrp for 3 years in freezer, no problem.

I just started some MT-II today.
From an Old Peptide Company that went out of business in 2014.

It's still fine, I could tell, cause within a Minute of Injection.
I got that slight Head Buzz, and my Stomach got a bit Nauseous.................... JP
P.S.
The amount was only 500 Mcg.
I did more than I usually would thinking it might have degraded.

Last edited:
you'd better keep it in the cool temperature and seal it. If you open the bottle, finished it in 2 days.

I’m sticking with the refrigerator set very cold. Freezing them can shrink the powder and mess them up. This is what i heard anyway. I’ve had good luck with refrigerating them long term.

Agreed. NEVER freeze peptides. Some of the less fragile ones will likely be OK, but the more fragile ones (longer molecular chain) can become damaged when freezing them. In my opinion, a refrigerator is good enough for all of them and is what I use.

Last edited:
Agreed. NEVER freeze peptides. Some of the less fragile ones will likely be OK, but the more fragile ones (longer molecular chain) can become damaged when freezing them. In my opinion, a refrigerator is good enough for all of them and is what I use.
Disagree. There's no evidence that freezing unreconstituted GH has any negative effect. All the studies that show degradation of peptides due to freezing/thawing are on peptides in aqueous solution (i.e. reconstituted).

Based on the following guidelines, all peptides in the form of lyophilized powder should be stored below freezing. They do note that repeated freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided (also for peptides in powder form), but that should be doable as well for anyone living in an area with reliable electricity supply. You can store peptides in the freezer until use. Take out single vials as you start to use them. Once reconstituted, keep in the fridge. It's generally not necessary, but it won't do any harm to freeze powder form peptides either.

Handling and Storage Guidelines for Peptides and Proteins

The product vial should be tightly capped at all times when not in use.
While some peptides and proteins are stabile at 4 °C, we recommend –20 °C for short-term storage (1–2 weeks) and –80 °C for longer storage. It is always advisable to store away from bright light.
Exposure to moisture will greatly decrease the long-term stability. Before using the peptide, remove from cold storage and allow the peptide to equilibrate to room temperature before removing the lid of the container. This will reduce the uptake of moisture that is present in the surrounding atmosphere.
Peptide sequences containing C, M, or W are prone to air oxidation. All cysteine-containing peptides will slowly oxidize with time, the rate of which is largely dependent on the sequence and storage conditions. It is recommended to purge the air out of the vial and replace it with a blanket of nitrogen or argon.
When known, Sigma® will supply the solubility information on the Product Detail page or on the Certificate of Analysis. In the event solubility information is not known, we recommend following our peptide solubility guidelines.
When preparing a working stock solution, make a solution that is at a higher concentration than required for the experimental assay by dissolving the peptide in sterile distilled water or sterile dilute acetic acid (0.1%), where applicable. The stock solution peptide can be diluted further with the assay buffer. If the peptide does not dissolve in water or acetic acid, the peptide solution can be lyophilized without any nonvolatile residues. Once the peptide is lyophilized, other stronger solvents can be tried (see step 5).
Repeated freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided for both lyophilized peptides and peptide solutions. If peptide samples need to be frequently or periodically taken from the stock, it is recommended to make a series of working aliquots from the stock.
In general, peptide solutions are stable for up to a week at 4 °C. However, if the peptide sequence has inherent instability, it might be better to freeze the solution when not in use. Peptide solutions at pH>8 should also be frozen when not in use.
The shelf life of peptide solutions is limited. Peptides containing N, Q, C, M and W are unstable when stored in solution. Using sterile buffers (pH 5–6) and freezing the aliquots will prolong the storage life of the peptide. Storage at –20 °C or colder is optimal.
The most effective way to prevent or minimize peptide degradation is to store the peptide in lyophilized/powder form at –20 °C or preferably at –80 °C. If the peptide is in solution, freeze thaw cycles should be avoided by freezing individual aliquots. Exposure to pH>8 should be avoided. However, if it is necessary to dissolve peptides at pH>8, the solutions should be chilled. Finally, prolonged exposure of lyophilized peptides and solutions (especially at high pH) to atmospheric oxygen should be minimized.
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-s.../technical-resource/handling-and-storage.html

freezing

Don't they freeze dry the peptides/hgh to get them into a powder form?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131