over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Friend is Fat: Seeking Advice

BigTaco

Newbies
So, I've tried encouraging my friend to eat right and exercise, but it hasn't gone well. This has been going on for, oh, I'd say 4 or more years.

He's still 300+ lbs and 6'0'' (30 years old), and I'm running short of ideas.

I'd like to start him on some thermogenics, but only after he's had some blood work done and a stress test done on his heart. He's a ticking time bomb for CHF due to atherosclerosis, and since he smokes like a chimney, too, I'm thinking that there's got to be an intervention soon or else he's going to keel over.

I found out today that one of my old friends, who's in his mid thirties, died from a heart attack last week, so I'm kind of worried about my buddy, to say the least.

What do you guys think about my plan? I don't want leads for research chemicals, or thermogenic cycle advice, per se, but is there anything out there being researched currently that has some promise for a case like this? Thanks for reading.

There is nothing you can do for your friend until he wants to change. Im sorry

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

So, I've tried encouraging my friend to eat right and exercise, but it hasn't gone well. This has been going on for, oh, I'd say 4 or more years.

I'd like to start him on some thermogenics, but only after he's had some blood work done and a stress test done on his heart. He's a ticking time bomb for CHF due to atherosclerosis, and since he smokes like a chimney, too, I'm thinking that there's got to be an intervention soon or else he's going to keel over.

I found out today that one of my old friends, who's in his mid thirties, died from a heart attack last week, so I'm kind of worried about my buddy, to say the least.

What do you guys think about my plan? I don't want leads for research chemicals, or thermogenic cycle advice, per se, but is there anything out there being researched currently that has some promise for a case like this? Thanks for reading.

You gotta talk to your bud and get him to make some big lifestyle changes. Unfortunately you cant force him to change for better health, but you can try to convince him. Keep trying to persuade him as a friend and let him know you are concerned...Just slowly begin getting him to quit smoking and eating right. Baby steps are needed for your friend as it appears he wont make a huge commitment or jump yet. If he wont listen to you as a friend it may not hit him that he needs to change his life style until it is too late.

trust me bro 4 years still 300lbs he is cheating and not following the diet and like others said you cant make him change he has to want it

def. no thermogenics! He is a load, walking, going up stairs will get his heart rate up and rip off lbs, if he`s not eating like a cow. Tell him you will get him a hooker if he gets down to 200lbs... gotta be awhile since he`s been laid. If pussy don`t motivate him, even a little, maybe offer him a new PS3 game?!

Bring your fat friend here and get him to hook up with Shelby. Best decision ever made.

it's impossible to make fat people budge (pun intended)

instead they want the world to contour around their needs.. so they don't have to change

I have a friend who is 300lbs and 5'6". Ive tried everything possible but he wants to eat out breakfast lunch and dinner and do absolutely no physical activity, he is the oppitiny of laziness. Ive come to realize im fighting an endless battle.
Because I compete most think my desire for someone close to me is to change their appearance but its whats going on inside them is what concerns me.
My sister is close to 300lbs also and it breaks my heart cause my niece and nephew are now on that same road as She is. Both kids are overweight and the oldest (girl) looks like a linebacker.
It drives me absolutely crazy that with all I know i cannot do anything.
As someone posted earlier, people will be fat/overweight until they want to make a change and thats the hardest part fr them to do.
Adapting a healthy lifestyle is not in most overweight peoples top priorities as food is their drug and it keeps them happy. Any seperation causes them pain and suffering.

Think about this. Imagine your a competitior and someone constantly wants you to be a lazy overweight slob and not care about your health and appearance. Are you going to jum at the idea??? I think not.
The difference is they know its better to be healthy than to be overweight but most cannot make that change.
My advice is keep trying as I continue to do, but try not to lose sleep over it cause your going to set yourself up for disappointment and more stress.

Richard Simmons is the only person who can actually make people want to change. Little known fact: many trainers actually have great respect for the man because of his ability to do the impossible when it comes to this. I believe his entire image is constructed as a tool to these ends.

I as well have good friends that are in the same boat and I have offered and offered and wrote out plans til I'm blue in the face but in the end you can't make them drink after you've led them to water. Most people want life bent around them and their ways unlike most on this board who go out of their way to achieve the goals we have in mind.

Thanks for all the advice.

After thinking about things, and what you've all said, I ordered him a juicer as a housewarming gift and wrote the easiest diet plan for him in the world (go to whole foods and buy non-processed food, pretty much).

I'm going to try and involve him in some exercise once I move back to his area in a month or so.

Hes going to try to put bacon through the juicer you bought him.

1- It's obvious that you are talking about yourself, and using an imaginary friend

2- Hard work !!! Dedication and discipline Son... you should have 99 problems but being fat aint one

1- It's obvious that you are talking about yourself, and using an imaginary friend

2- Hard work !!! Dedication and discipline Son... you should have 99 problems but being fat aint one

LoL!

So you have 2 posts, just joined in August 2013, and your name is "Big Taco" . Dude why don't you just say it's you. This isn't bodybuilding.com! And if you were coming on here for your friend and trying to get him on "chemicals" and "theromgenics" that's really irresponsible. Let him make the decision himself.

hopefully he will change before the doctor says he is diabetic or has heart trouble. you cant change him but when I was 262lbs and 5ft 8in it was the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes that got my ass scared into the gym. best thing that could have happened in my case. all you can do is try small changes in diet and walking around the block. probably wont even go to the gym yet.
like someone said baby steps walk around the block every day better than nothing then maybe try 2 blocks if he can notice some results he may get motivated.

Last edited:
You guys really don't know of any new research being done on fat-loss chemicals that don't aggravate someone's cardiovascular system? And no, this post isn't about me.

As hard as it might be to believe, I'm actually trying to help my friend before he has bypass surgery or needs to have his foot amputated.

Last edited:
You guys really don't know of any new research being done on fat-loss chemicals that don't aggravate someone's cardiovascular system? And no, this post isn't about me.

As hard as it might be to believe, I'm actually trying to help my friend before he has bypass surgery or needs to have his foot amputated.

Chemicals don't do shit without diet. Exercise can help but you can lose a ton of weight playing playststion all day If you eat the right amount. Your look shit and have no muscle but be a lot healthier than 300 lbs. Why is everyone looking to drugs for the answers? If he had 2 eca a day then eats 1 Mars bar extra he's cancelled it out. Fat burners are for people who are lean, train hard count there macros and need that extra help as there in single digits and the body is fighting them. Your friend needs to just go easy on the cheese burgers. Let him be, its his life. The more you go on at him the more he'll just get pissed of and eat anyway

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

There is nothing you can do for your friend until he wants to change. Im sorry

I tend to agree with the above statement.

BigTaco: If your friend decides that he is ready for a change then great, but it will have to be HIS DECISION, not your's.

I have been in the same boat as you and unfortunately my friend has been considered obese for the last 20 yrs.

I tend to agree with the above statement.

BigTaco: If your friend decides that he is ready for a change then great, but it will have to be HIS DECISION, not your's.

I have been in the same boat as you and unfortunately my friend has been considered obese for the last 20 yrs.

It's like trying to get someone to give up smoking or alcohol. They have to want it. Food is probably the worst as we're genetically programmed to crave high calorie instant energy shit and you cant just stop eating. Cutting down a lot harder than giving up. Unfortunately it will probably take a good hard scare at the doctors for him to make that decision after all this time and even that don't stop some. It is an addiction unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity