over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Friend not able to lose weight

The person who finds the problem will be a Genius
A coach isn't going to prevent him from CHEATING on his diet which is what he is obviously doing or he doesn't know how to properly track food, and I'm betting on CHEATING. No coach is going to MAKE him stop cheating, he can't take the hunger, the cravings, feelings of low energy all the fucking time, it's something HE HAS TO LEARN TO DEAL WITH AND OVERCOME
I double that bet, he is eating more calories then he says. Everyone wants to do a show, but not everyone can follow a strict diet and routine. That takes focus determination.

Does he do blood work?

If his estrogen is high he could be holding water not fat he seems like a slim guy and if he truly is following his diet then water would be my next guess.

Get an e2 p2 test done
Sorry, what e2 p2?

To see if he had too much water retention, but he lost very little weight with it.
Aldactone is a weak DIURETIC, it just keeps sodium from being re-absorbed (blocks the action of aldosterone). Very weak diuretic. I'm sure he had a rebound from taking that. 🤔

I agree with the consensus above that he is probably not being honest about his diet. However, I would play it safe and get some blood work done. He is on a lot of crap and everything could be out of whack.

Eat less and more cardio. I don’t care how low his calories are if he’s not losing weight eat less. It is really that simple.

Something is up.

If he's 3 weeks out....which my god no, skip that show....but he has pleateued for 6 weeks....so at 9 weeks out he hasnt moved or budged?
FIrst of all, i would've been concerned at 9 weeks out because he should be a bit leaner...and then chillllin and just guessing for 6 weeks? WHAAAAT? No, i think your friend is very new to this life style and dieting because NO REGULAR COMPETITOR would chill for 6 weeks not making progress LOL

My guess is that he's not tracking 100% like he thinks he is annnnddd he's doing some wonky plan.

if he's not losing fat, he's not in a calorie deficit, it's really as simple as that

if you feel this dude is honest, he may be eyeballing when 1500 calories requires CLOSE attention to weighing and STRICT adherence. reason being, if he already had to be brought down to that low of calories, he could have a very adaptive metabolism and even something as a couple hundred calories too high, the fat loss stops

Has he had his thyroid checked?
I would just suggest picking a show that’s further down the road when he’s in contest shape then do it. I remember Nick Walker posting on Instagram that he started his diet. It was 6 months out. Just diet longer and when he’s ready compete.

i couldnt lose bf% hardly at all when i did keto diet.
i dont think the problem was the diet (i dont advise keto) i think it was the calories.
my calories were TOO LOW imo.
i hired Phil Hernon and he immediatley had me have 35gm carbs w every solid food meal (4-7 meals)
immediately fat started falling off

Eat less and more cardio. I don’t care how low his calories are if he’s not losing weight eat less. It is really that simple.
Yep ^^^ Chris Bumstead was at 1600 calories at 2 weeks out (pretty big dude). You do what you gotta do to keep the weight loss moving.

i dont think the problem was the diet (i dont advise keto) i think it was the calories.
i hired Phil Hernon and he immediatley had me have 35gm carbs w every solid food meal (4-7 meals)
No your calories were not TOO LOW. LMAO.

I dunno if I could agree with this, he's not really lean and basically starving. If those are his true calories something is seriously wrong, metabolism is all jacked up

he also changed what i was taking and amounts.
that prob had a lot to do with it too 🤪

Merci à tous pour vos réponses.
Oui, la TSH est bonne.
Mangez un peu plus, à peine 100gr de glucides par jour et il reprend du poids !
Peut-on encore manger moins ?
Je pense comme toi que c'est un menteur, mais comment mentir si près de sa date de compétition !!!!
Thank you all for your responses.
Yes, TSH is good.
Eat a little more, barely 100gr of carbohydrates per day and he regains weight!
Can we still eat less?
I think like you that he is a liar, but how to lie so close to his competition date !!!!

As others have said, it is likely more simple than complicated. Verify the basics first.

Physics says he's either cheating or grossly miscalculating.

If his metabolism was "shut down" - which doesn't happen to the degree people think - he'd barely be able to move or think.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131