over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Friendly advice

Ty......the reason you aren't seeing the gains ,despite the gains in strength are two fold......First , prob near your natural mass limit . [ if so ,you are at a crossroads my friend........because you can keep pushing forward ,but the injuries will mount , and time will take a toll on your body eventually.Is it worth that to you for maybe a few extra lbs of growth to you ?] Second , prob don't have the hormones to back up the strength gains..........if your test level is low to mod range .....it is honestly pretty tough to make significant gains after being enhanced before or once your test levels drop after the age of 23 - 25 [ think about it ......thats why teens gain best ]

Like Phil said , lower your expectations .......and sure that sucks .But it is reality. You can always improve condition , watch health , and try to look great yr round the rest of your life .But trying to make gains beyond what drugs gave you and after the age of 25 with some good training yrs behind you is pretty tough to do .......Believe me ......this was so hard for me to realize and I my body has paid for it . Happy New Yr .......much love

Ty......the reason you aren't seeing the gains ,despite the gains in strength are two fold......First , prob near your natural mass limit . [ if so ,you are at a crossroads my friend........because you can keep pushing forward ,but the injuries will mount , and time will take a toll on your body eventually.Is it worth that to you for maybe a few extra lbs of growth to you ?] Second , prob don't have the hormones to back up the strength gains..........if your test level is low to mod range .....it is honestly pretty tough to make significant gains after being enhanced before or once your test levels drop after the age of 23 - 25 [ think about it ......thats why teens gain best ]

Like Phil said , lower your expectations .......and sure that sucks .But it is reality. You can always improve condition , watch health , and try to look great yr round the rest of your life .But trying to make gains beyond what drugs gave you and after the age of 25 with some good training yrs behind you is pretty tough to do .......Believe me ......this was so hard for me to realize and I my body has paid for it . Happy New Yr .......much love

Keeping it real...badman and Phil - you guys are awesome..

JM

Much appreciated advice Iabadman, back at ya brother... It's a very tough pill to swallow when you love doing this but are no longer willing to use 'supps'. You hit the nail on the head w/ injuries. In the past year I've had more aches and pains than anytime in the past. It's like my body is fighting me every step of the way now or since being off hormones.

Last edited:
Great Info....

In concern to being natural.... After using and not using I have found this to be true. I am not currently training w/ Phil but have for a cpl years in the past. At the time i was 'assisted'. Gains came at a fast pace on his routine, I never changed any exercise just progressed in wgt. IF i began to stall, i'd take a few days off, but I never changed the exercises. Never felt the need. Now, I've been going about things as a mere mortal for some time....
-Some observations... (natural training w/ phil's routine)
-I do switch things up from time to time, but I generally come back to my "staple exercises" and I am weaker than where i left off? So, by trial and error, natty or not, no need to change exercise. It provides no benefit in my opinion to my physique.
-If I stick to the staple exercises, and progress w/ wgt or reps i will notice improvements, albeit small, but nonetheless in either pounds on the scale or mirror changes.
-Being natural, expect to put serious effort in ( and I mean training/diet/nutrition meticulously in place) with little to no results and be happy w/ it if you've been 'on' in the past. Like Phil said, "lower expectations." Being the optimist i am i hated him for telling me that when i made the switch, but ultimately its true.
-I had to work in more rest days, the original routine i used when 'on' would fry me now, within weeks. Find what works for you in this area, but for most I dont think you will be able to recover if giving all out intensity in the gym.
-Adjust macros a bit to foster an effective hormonal response. For me, this meant backing off protein a tad (just a smidge), keeping carbs roughly the same and adding in more saturated fats. As of recently, grass fed meats have provided a definate boost to both my strength and physique.
-One thing I've been experimenting w/ lately which has me sore beyond what I 've experienced in a very long time is a very slow controlled negative with a quick explosive burst from the bottom (well the bottom of the ROM I choose to work in for an exercise). Hopefully this will equate to some positive results, will see....
Just some thoughts for those that are on his program and are not choosing to use aas.

I do have a question tho, I have actually been able to surpass certain strength levels on certain exercises while being clean that I could not do when using... Yet, the size increase never fostered?

All info very true and well said.Glad u r still following the path you've chose as it's probably one of the hardest decisions to make in crazy lifestyle.Stay strong bro.

Ive been training one way or other for about 20years, bodybuilding/weight training more so the last few years.

I used to always flit from one routine to another and do volume, 20sets for biceps was a regular thing as an example....the more the merrier approach....

Then in October 2008 i hired Phil......This settled me down so to speak and to focus more on my core lifts and less volume..

Admittedly i struggled with the concept initially, and Phil will attest to this, as it was totally against the grain of what i was accustomed to from all those M & F magazines and such like.

Now im 254-256lbs with visible abs...basically the condition i would be at when i was approx' 224lbs which i was prior to hiring Phil. A few month prior to this i had jumped to approx 238 but was a lump and felt loose and fat....

Im now still following his principles, but also adding RP just to push my boundaries somewhat and extend the ' set '. Also the diet principles were a heads up....not to mention the addition of LBA's....

Ive tried FST 7 recently but feel i get more from the latter and it quickly felt i was heading into my old ways...

One final word....Thanks Phil...;)

Ive been training one way or other for about 20years, bodybuilding/weight training more so the last few years.

I used to always flit from one routine to another and do volume, 20sets for biceps was a regular thing as an example....the more the merrier approach....

Then in October 2008 i hired Phil......This settled me down so to speak and to focus more on my core lifts and less volume..

Admittedly i struggled with the concept initially, and Phil will attest to this, as it was totally against the grain of what i was accustomed to from all those M & F magazines and such like.

Now im 254-256lbs with visible abs...basically the condition i would be at when i was approx' 224lbs which i was prior to hiring Phil. A few month prior to this i had jumped to approx 238 but was a lump and felt loose and fat....

Im now still following his principles, but also adding RP just to push my boundaries somewhat and extend the ' set '. Also the diet principles were a heads up....not to mention the addition of LBA's....

Ive tried FST 7 recently but feel i get more from the latter and it quickly felt i was heading into my old ways...

Great post Brabus.

I have a kid im helping right now and it seems like every other week he keeps wanting to go back to volume or add in fst-7, etc. However every time he trains with me and my training partner he's always talking about being sore.......and we only do 3 sets usually. Still.....he doesn't seem to get it.:rolleyes:

Oh

Thank you D......!!

WELL

Strangely Mr.OLIMPIA title seems to go to the bodybuilders with more than 30 years old.

FUNNY even Dorian Yates started training on his middle 20s, won his first olimpia after 30s and kept exploding with new mass year after years(ronnie the same).

And he was also one of the firsts(if not the first) to venture on the extreme high AAS dosages - bringing that monster ripped look not often seen at the time.

Ones age plays a big role on adding new mass, but theres no reason to low expectations as one is prepared to up his game. -PEACE

Strangely Mr.OLIMPIA title seems to go to the bodybuilders with more than 30 years old.

FUNNY even Dorian Yates started training on his middle 20s, won his first olimpia after 30s and kept exploding with new mass year after years(ronnie the same).

And he was also one of the firsts(if not the first) to venture on the extreme high AAS dosages - bringing that monster ripped look not often seen at the time.

Ones age plays a big role on adding new mass, but theres no reason to low expectations as one is prepared to up his game. -PEACE

elite genetics....... organic food...... lots of recovery time..... best of the best drug wise.....

Iabadman is referring to the guys not using AAS...

well

Iabadman is referring to the guys not using AAS...

He also makes statements about people of different ages using AAS -my post is referring in particular to that, as you could realise for sure.

THANKS IN ADVANCE:D:D:D

Sorry- I'm splitting hairs ;)

You changed your routine every day by adding more weight to the bar :D Ronnie did something similar and I heard he ended being quite big

Technically, Phil didn't change the routine... he changed the stimulus by the extra weight... ;)

Fireman........excuse me ? I was answering the question that w8 asked and we have personal dialog and he has asked my help before ,so I chimed in .

It was like you didn't even read my post before you answered smartly. I rarely post here anymore and if I do it is to help out guys on here that I have had personal interaction with before when I was more active . Not sure what your deal is with me .

I could care less if you or someone else wants to " up their game" as you say and certainly wouldn't judge you or else anyone else if that is your choice . But the fact remains most are using gear for the wrong reasons ,with unrealistic expectations . To risk your health ,freedom, and spend your hard earned money on drugs is not a great decision for 99% of the people here. Just to be the big guy in the gym ,local contest ,bar , at work ,and some how thinking getting big will some how change their lives for the better. Gear is a trap , the facts are you will never be bigger ,stronger ,or have that "certain look" once you go off. This isn't a fun reality to deal with for most .And some never can. [And those guys will die chasing that last 1/8 inch on their arms or few lbs of bdywt thinking it will some how change things for them] Ask Phil if I am wrong or any retired great pro they agree with what I am saying. I care about guys like W8 and try to tell them like it is ,because I have made my mistakes and learned some hard lessons along the way.

I am far from anti gear [very interesting subect and I have many opinions and observations as well].But I just think guys should really understand the realities of it . Do you want to stick a needle in your ass the rest of your life to look a certain way ? Do you know the risks ? Are you going to be chasing sources and new cycles into your 50s and 60s ? Could the money you are spending be better put toward something else ? Do you really have the genes to be a top athlete or bber ? [ I mean elite ] When you use in your teens and 20s you prementatly alter your endocterine system in most cases [you may recover but not like before] If and when you go clean can you handle it mentally ? [take it from me .....it sucks ] Can you handle losing your hair or some of the sexual sides that many don't talk about? Do you realize most woman don't like the look or the selfishness it takes to be a bber ? [and if she's into you on , is she going to like you soft and smooth if you ever go off?] These are just some of the realities [ just some ] that guys should be asking themselves before they ever go on . [this should come with at least a few yrs of heavy consistant training and eatting ahead of that as well......not a few months .....a yr .....or after on and off yrs of crash and burn training]

As far as age ......with gear it really doesn't matter you are correct .70 yr olds could be competive if there genes ,skin , and health hold out .But unfortunately ,most peoples bodies start to crash after about 10 yrs of hard use or so ......now hrt proticals and longevity methods are smart ,safe , and effective .They can preserve youth and be quite healthful if smartly put together . I am myself have been exploring hrt for several yrs , but have yet to partake because it is a serious decision imo, and there is know looking back, just as using for bbing purposes .

I am not sure what you distaste toward me here is and for that I am sorry ,when I do post I try to be a positive and help when I can . I honestly was just answering w8 , and refering to his adjustment to being natural for a quite awhile .........And I think you will agree that after 23 - 25 hormone levels begin to drop and gains naturally become much harder than in your teens or early 20s when those levels are sky high . After that, naturally gains become tougher each yr .[especially ,if you jacked things up by using when you were young ,then going clean like w8 did ......also when teens use they respond very well because their bodies are primed hormonally to grow.......they just have the devil to pay later and sooner than those that wait ] I am not sure what you took so insulting out of that info .......maybe english isn't your first language ? [ from your post ....maybe something was lost in translation?] Any way .......all my best with your goals ......sorry I rub you the wrong way.......take care

Fireman........excuse me ? I was answering the question that w8 asked and we have personal dialog and he has asked my help before ,so I chimed in .

It was like you didn't even read my post before you answered smartly. I rarely post here anymore and if I do it is to help out guys on here that I have had personal interaction with before when I was more active . Not sure what your deal is with me .

I could care less if you or someone else wants to " up their game" as you say and certainly wouldn't judge you or else anyone else if that is your choice . But the fact remains most are using gear for the wrong reasons ,with unrealistic expectations . To risk your health ,freedom, and spend your hard earned money on drugs is not a great decision for 99% of the people here. Just to be the big guy in the gym ,local contest ,bar , at work ,and some how thinking getting big will some how change their lives for the better. Gear is a trap , the facts are you will never be bigger ,stronger ,or have that "certain look" once you go off. This isn't a fun reality to deal with for most .And some never can. [And those guys will die chasing that last 1/8 inch on their arms or few lbs of bdywt thinking it will some how change things for them] Ask Phil if I am wrong or any retired great pro they agree with what I am saying. I care about guys like W8 and try to tell them like it is ,because I have made my mistakes and learned some hard lessons along the way.

I am far from anti gear [very interesting subect and I have many opinions and observations as well].But I just think guys should really understand the realities of it . Do you want to stick a needle in your ass the rest of your life to look a certain way ? Do you know the risks ? Are you going to be chasing sources and new cycles into your 50s and 60s ? Could the money you are spending be better put toward something else ? Do you really have the genes to be a top athlete or bber ? [ I mean elite ] When you use in your teens and 20s you prementatly alter your endocterine system in most cases [you may recover but not like before] If and when you go clean can you handle it mentally ? [take it from me .....it sucks ] Can you handle losing your hair or some of the sexual sides that many don't talk about? Do you realize most woman don't like the look or the selfishness it takes to be a bber ? [and if she's into you on , is she going to like you soft and smooth if you ever go off?] These are just some of the realities [ just some ] that guys should be asking themselves before they ever go on . [this should come with at least a few yrs of heavy consistant training and eatting ahead of that as well......not a few months .....a yr .....or after on and off yrs of crash and burn training]

As far as age ......with gear it really doesn't matter you are correct .70 yr olds could be competive if there genes ,skin , and health hold out .But unfortunately ,most peoples bodies start to crash after about 10 yrs of hard use or so ......now hrt proticals and longevity methods are smart ,safe , and effective .They can preserve youth and be quite healthful if smartly put together . I am myself have been exploring hrt for several yrs , but have yet to partake because it is a serious decision imo, and there is know looking back, just as using for bbing purposes .

I am not sure what you distaste toward me here is and for that I am sorry ,when I do post I try to be a positive and help when I can . I honestly was just answering w8 , and refering to his adjustment to being natural for a quite awhile .........And I think you will agree that after 23 - 25 hormone levels begin to drop and gains naturally become much harder than in your teens or early 20s when those levels are sky high . After that, naturally gains become tougher each yr .[especially ,if you jacked things up by using when you were young ,then going clean like w8 did ......also when teens use they respond very well because their bodies are primed hormonally to grow.......they just have the devil to pay later and sooner than those that wait ] I am not sure what you took so insulting out of that info .......maybe english isn't your first language ? [ from your post ....maybe something was lost in translation?] Any way .......all my best with your goals ......sorry I rub you the wrong way.......take care

This is one of the best posts I have seen on here in a while. I read and reread this post. I am not anti-gear either by any stretch but I have never in my life seen so many people say that just stay on year round..the ego is a very dangerous thing. If u need HRT due to a medical condition,l that's different. J keep posting man, for every 220 lb guy saying thy take 2500 mgs of test a week, we need to show the young guys coming the importance of their choices...

Now as far as w8 goes, dude I have so much respect for you. I have seen your pics, and seen your progress naturally..you are awesome dude..

And by the way, that post where massive said that the he would get flamed because for saying how bad gear is these days..undrdosed, inert, etc..I happen to agree with him on that too...

JM

I always looked at it this way too, My training changes routinely anyways so it only makes sense the changes needed are dietary and supplementary.

Don't get your bodybuilding information from The National Enquire

Why is this strange?

So are you or anyone you know "exploding with new mass year after year?"

So thats it, the only thing seperating him from the pack and the rest of the world, "extreme high dosages"

This is why in most cases with age comes wisdom. If most guys last to a certain age in this sport hopefully they have come to an understanding and acceptance of where they stand. They value their health and way of life and aren't looking to take unecessary health risks.

IMO progressive overload is the most important factor for training adaptations. There are plenty of routines, philosophies, modalities, etc, out there, but in general you will succeed if you simply progress the amount of stress your regime provides all things else being equal.

Great Post Iabadman...as usual your posts are loaded with information from expereince and time in the trenches...

The part is bold disturbs me because it's the way I feel some times-why even come on here and try to help guys when there's always a hand ful of naysayers that are basically thinking "DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS".

I kinda wish they would have a classic forum on here basically which everyone could view and read but the bigguns could post threads and topics and inter-relate-go back and forth about the basics and the sane path to take for the sport health and all-almost like the critique forum for pictures...guys like John, yourself DC and a host of other guys posting in their would be low in posts but very high in content...

I too don't understand why young guys want to stick a needle in their ass and call it HRT-that's a long time to be on the bean...HRT is for us old guys...
I do accept that the overall testosterone levels of the young male population is suppressed as sperm counts are and have been dropping =lower ferility rates since the 50's. Synthetic estrogens are killing our hormonal axis.
Young guys that lift should be lifting for health and pursue a more natural diet like what John teaches-these guys can fix their low test this way and not have to go on the sitck so young IMO.

This talk about old guys over 30 making the best gains? Huh? Arnold was in his 20's and Sergio as well, what about Haney Shaun Ray Levrone ...right aorund Dorian is when the chemical warfare began...we started to hear about muscle maturity-when they really meant drug maturity and we have gone down hill from there.

I don't care what naybody says the GH insulin bulkination abuse didn't start till the mid to late 1990's

And.........

IMO progressive overload is the most important factor for training adaptations. There are plenty of routines, philosophies, modalities, etc, out there, but in general you will succeed if you simply progress the amount of stress your regime provides all things else being equal.

Simply? That easy? Explain how........

Thanks G ,I know you if anyone can relate to how I feel .In fact, often it is when you come out of hiding and post or start some great new threads like you have as of late that I get excited again and want to start posting again.[thanks for what you have shared recently ......I wish you'd go back to the other thread you started awhile back on training and your progress .....evoloution......and your ideas ....on hrt [for cats like me ] , diet , and supps [ although you have covered the supps lately ].I always learn or play with things you share ......in fact ,the one e-mail you wrote me on training and diet from 05. I have saved ,and still go back and read it occasionally.....lol I love your idea on the classic guys section.......I 'd post weekly in that case ......maybe one of the great mods here will go to Big A about it and we can make it happen. It might just really help some people that are open and want to make some good decisions and have a good lifetime healthy expirience in bbing.

Anthony ....aka the "the Greek God " .....thanks for the back up....lol ...wink .....much love ....Happy New Yr to you and the wife .

Phil.......thanks for the things you share ......hope you and the fam are well ....you have an interesting style in which you present your ideas ......lol.....kinda of like a cat playing with a mouse....ha ha......
Do you think time becomes a factor as one gets close to max strength levels?......meaning the amount of work you can do in a given period of time
period. Say you gave yourself 10 min to work bis ....and you never do more than 3-5 sets with good form with a max weight. But if you upped the intensity and pushed to do more work in a given time period . Say trying to get 7-8 sets in that given time frame or even more.........would that increased work load make you a better bber ? [ G and others chime in as well] I am curious to your thoughts.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws