over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

From Fit to Fat... And Back Again.

Necrias

Registered
Doing this on a whim here, but I just want to get it started by posting training. I will get to the backstory and post pics later. But here was today's training, focus on arms. I've got HUGE legs, a good back, great tris... so I am really trying to bring up Bis and shoulders.

BW- 254

Assisted pullups/dips- 2x20 (warmup for shoulders/elbows)
Cable curl/Straight bar cable tris- 3x12/15, 1x20 (double drop set on 3rd set of curls)
DB Side laterals- 4x20
Hammer curl/single rope extension- 3x10/15 (triple drop on last set of hammers)
Spider curl/Supinated extension- 3x12/12
Rear laterals- 2x15
Machine preachers- 1x15, 1x10+ (rest pause)

Cardio- 15 min stepmill, 15 min bike

Had a rough couple days with the diet, but I am back on track. Did legs late last night, and pushed them harder than usual.

BW 256

Standing leg curl- 2x10, 1x15 (drop set)
Reverse Hack- 2x8, 1x15
Adductors- 3x15 (drop set at the end)
Hacks- 2x8, 1x15
RDL- 2x8, 1x15 (focused on a slow negative/stretch)

Cardio- 15 min bike, 20 min treadmill

I've got check ins with my coach today, then chest/shoulders. I'll post the pics from checkins, and go over diet and gear later/ tomorrow.

Had one helluva Push day yesterday. My CNS was so fried after this session I had the shakes all day. I left the gym still feeling like I had a little left in the tank though.

DB Shoulder Press- 1x20, 1x 15, 1x10, 1x13 (top set 90lb DBs, getting close to my old strength)
DB incline press- 2x12, 1x15
DB Side Lateral- 1x20, 1x15, 1x10/10/10 (dropset), 1x25
Assisted Dip/Tempo Pushup- 3x20/10 (pump from this was nuts!)
Machine Shoulder Press- 3x8 (pulse reps 2/1 style)
Cable Tris- 2x20
Rear Laterals- 2x20

Also did a handful of pump sets for biceps between sets, since I am trying to get them up to match my tris.

Pics below are out of order, but the lean pic was 8 years ago post show (bw 210 I believe). The fat pic was beginning of 2021. Hadn't trained much for 3 years, and I got up to almost 290. I had gone through cancer and multiple other health issues, was depressed and abusing myself with food and booze. Middle pic is now, about 255. In a much better spot, mentally and physically. I'm 6 weeks into my first "real" cycle in 7 years, and just bumped doses to 800 test, 400 mast, 400 deca. I plan to keep pushing hard until I get to 240, then hold there for a while and let my body adjust before pushing down again. I would like to get back on stage again next year, but only if my health holds together.

Attachments

• 20200705_183113.jpg
    20200705_183113.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 97
  • VideoCapture_20220723-070440 (1).jpg
    VideoCapture_20220723-070440 (1).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20220801-143045_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220801-143045_Facebook.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 100
if this is your first cycle in 7 years how are you already at 1.2grams? assuming you come from TRT? This just seems like alot out the gate when you could be getting alot of push from lower doses. bc where do u go from here? even higher?

if this is your first cycle in 7 years how are you already at 1.2grams? assuming you come from TRT? This just seems like alot out the gate when you could be getting alot of push from lower doses. bc where do u go from here? even higher?
You've got a fair point. But this is still only half of what my prep doses would look like, with relatively mild compounds. I had no sides other than some acne, and my coach gave me the ok to bump things up since my bloodwork was still good. I did also add 2iu GH in September.

Update- I got busy as hell with work so let this log go, but kept training at 100%. I managed to get down to about 250 before my body started feeling tired. I upped the food and got back up to 265 by October, even leaner than I was at 250. My coach had me at 1800 cals most days, and I bumped that to 2800. I wish I would have taken comparison pics, because the difference has been pretty substantial. I have been on TRT (100mg + 2iu gh) for a month and have softened up a bit, but still look decent. Took the last couple weeks pretty easy with regard to training because I was feeling pretty beat up. Prep starts in December for an April show, I am excited to be back at it! This is the first time I have felt the "fire" in YEARS.

Attachments

• 20220929_074929 (1).jpg
    20220929_074929 (1).jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 64
Update- I have been in a mental funk for the last several weeks, and my diet/drinking has been atrocious. Because of that, I have been off all gear. I am still 265ish, but have softened up a lot. I struggle with an all-or-nothing personality, and I have done my best to mitigate it. I pulled it together halfway this week, but not like I wanted. So, I am starting prep a week early, because I need it. Here's the plan at 22 weeks out-

DIET
Carb cycle approach. Starting at 4 "high" days (200-300g) and 3 low days (50-100g). Protein and fats will remain steady at 280g/50g, respectively. Every 4 weeks, I will swap a high for a low day, until I get to only a single high day per week.

TRAINING
PPL split, on a 4 day rotation. 20-25 total sets, 10-15 reps (mostly). Only 3-4 of those sets will be "heavy" or use any intensifiers, the rest will be tempo work with shorter rest periods.

CARDIO
Starting at 35 minutes LISS, and increasing 5 minutes every week. Training counts as 30 minutes. I typically push relatively hard the first 20 minutes (6-8 METs), then back off a bit (5-6 METs).

GEAR
Starting real low with 200mg test e, 250mg EQ, and 200mg Deca (the latter 2 will be switched for Mast/Tren at 12 weeks out). I will gradually work these up until I feel like I am at a sweet spot... or I just get fed up with the volume. Also starting at 2iu GH, will also increase that every 2-4 weeks the same way. I will use fat burners tactically as needed, but I do not love them.

Leg day- still wasn't recovered from the last session so I couldn't push as hard as I wanted. Did my best though.

Calves/Adductors- 3 sets
Leg curls- 3 sets, drop set on last one
Reverse Power Squat- 3 sets, focused on a slow negative
Leg Ext- 3 sets, alternated 3 full reps with 3 partials
Walking lunges- 3 sets
RDL- 3 sets
Side laterals- 4 sets, 30 seconds rest

Cardio- 5 min stepmill

One thing I forgot to mention- at the end of every session, I do 3-5 sets of a weak bodypart with higher reps just to get blood flowing there. It seems to have helped in the past.

looking forward to seeing you push through and make changes for the better

Thanks man! After several years with a "normal" lifestyle, it is hard to get back in the BB groove.

Update- this week was a whirlwind for work, and while it wasn't perfect for training/diet, I did make some solid improvements. I only check weight on Saturdays.

Sunday- Push day. Can't remember all that I did, but my chest was absolutely fried the next day. +5 min stepmill

Monday- 35 min LISS, felt terrible, even at my "normal" intensity.

Tuesday- This day was fucked. I woke up late and couldn't make it to the gym before work. Planned to go at night, but I had a networking meeting than ran late, and I ended up having a few (several) drinks. I sucked this day.

Weds- Pull day. Really killed it on this one. Focused on holding the contraction on most exercises. +5 min stepmill.

Thurs- 35 min LISS, felt great this day.

Friday- Leg Day

5 min Stepmill
Single Leg Curl- 4 sets, focused on a 2 count hold on contractions, and kept doing partials past failure on the last 2 sets
Calves/Adductors- 4 sets, very low rest
Leg Press- 4 sets, 4 count negatives
RDL- 4 sets, slow negatives, good stretch
Leg Extension- 4 sets, higher reps (20ish)

Saturday 12/3

Weighed in at 260 today, down from 267. Waist is also down a half inch. Unfortunately, I also feel like I am coming down with some sort of respiratory infection. I'm gonna try to go in later for a half assed push session, but we will see how I feel. In the past I have made myself worse and delayed recovery by continuing to train, and I am (hopefully) older and wiser now.

Sunday 12/4

Felt a little better today, so I went in for an upper body pump session. I was def not 100%, so both volume and intensity were pretty low, but got this whole session done in a little over 30 min.

Assisted dip/pullup- 2 sets
Cable rear delt/DB laterals- 4 sets
Machine military/DY Row- 3 sets
Machine press/Preacher curl- 3 sets
Face pull/tricep rope- 3 sets

That's it. Gonna rest and see how I feel again tomorrow. Cardio is supposed to bump to 40 min, not sure if that's gonna happen.

Wednesday 12/7

Ended up having a sinus infection. Today was the first day I felt decent enough to hit the gym. I went at about 80-90% intensity, and it felt great. Hacked up a lung in the parking lot though!

Calves/adductors- 4x12
Walking lunges- 4x10
Leg press- 4x15, slow negatives
Single leg curl- 4x15, held the contraction
Pistol box squat- 4x6, I am terrible at these
10 min stepmill

It's good to be back, hoping to be able to push tomorrow at 100%!

Thursday 12/8

I felt pretty good going into the gym, but felt weak as a kitten. I fell 3-5 reps short of my target on pretty much everything. Went through the motions for an Upper Pump day, did my 10 min of cardio, and left.

Today (12/9) I have 40 minutes of cardio to do tonight. I'm still not 100%, but need to do something.

Sat 12/10

Bis/Tris

Weighed in at 263 (up 3 from last week) because I ate like shit all week while I was sick. bleh.

Sun 12/11

45 min LISS

Mon 12/12

LEGS
Calves/Adductors- 4x15
Standing Hamstring Curl- 2x15, 2x20
Leg Press- 2x10, 1x15, 1x20
Leg Ext- 4x15
RDL- 3x8, 1x10
15 min LISS

Dropping carbs down to 50g/day for the rest of the week to catch back up. Also finally bumping the doses since I should actually be consistent this week. Test/Deca/EQ is going to 400/400/500 and GH is going to 4iu.

Great log...Thanks for sharing!

Great log...Thanks for sharing!

I appreciate someone actually reading it! haha

Tues 12/13

PUSH day

Machine Military- 20/15/20, slow negatives, crazy burn!
Incline DB- 20/10/15, still felt weak here
DB Laterals- 20/15/12/10/8
Assisted Dips- 20/15/12/10/8, slow negative, deep stretch
Military Press- 15/8/15, haven't done these in forever, so went pretty light
Single cable fly- 15/12/10/8, these were done from a low anchor point to target upper/inner pecs
BB Curl- 4x10, 30 sec rest
15 min LISS

Lots of volume today (28 sets), and it felt great! No intensifiers yet, I will probably start those in a week or two. I also feel like my body is a furnace, and I am burning through fat. Hunger is manageable, but after 5 days of 1800 cals I am def going to need a high carb day this weekend!

Weds 12/14

45 min LISS
3 sets abs

Thurs 12/15

BACK day

Pulldown- 15/12/10/8, went pretty heavy here, did the full stack for the first time in a while
DY Row- 15/12/10/8, focus on stretch and contraction
Neutral Row- 12/10/8/15, pull towards belly button to focus on lats
Landmine Row- 15/12/10
Face Pull/Straight Arm Pulldown- 5x10/10, short rest periods
Hammer Curl/Cable Tris- 4x10, no rest
15 min LISS

Didn't feel great going in, but managed to have a great session anyway. I'm gonna be sore for sure. I think I am ready to start adding intensifiers this weekend.

Friday 12/16

Felt like garbage, made the executive decision to take the day off.

Saturday 12/17

ARMS
Cable Curl/DB Tri Extension- 4 sets, drop set on top set
DB Curl/Skull Crusher- 4 sets
Cable Tris/Spider Curl- 4 sets, 4 count negatives
Reverse Curl/Rope Extension- 4 sets
20 min LISS

This was a great session!

Sunday 12/18

LEGS
Leg Press- 10/10/15/20, slow negatives
Single Leg Curl- 10/15+5+10/15/X, double drop on set 2, pulse reps on last set
Split Squat- 2x8, I fucking hate these lol, so I am probably going to do more of them!
Calves/Adductors- 4x15
Back Extension- 3x8, haven't done these in forever, going to progress these slowly
Leg Extension- 15/12/10/8
20 min LISS

My training capacity is progressing faster than I expected. A few weeks ago this workout would have killed me, but I feel totally fine right now. Still gonna stick to the plan and progress the intensity a little bit every week.

Monday 12/19

CHEST
Assisted Dip- 20/15/12/10/8
Flat DB Press- 3x12, 1x20, Extended the top set by doing pushups to failure
Single Cable Fly- 3x12, 1x20, anchored from the bottom to focus on upper/inner pec
Incline DB- 3x8, 1x15
Machine Fly- 3x8, 1x20, 1xAMRAP, last set was a tempo set to failure, didn't count.
20 min LISS

Decided to split up my Push day this week since my training capacity continues to progress. It felt great!

Also made the executive decision to drop Deca. I was talking with a friend and we both think that 19-nors fuck with dopamine response, because we emotionally feel like shit on Deca/Tren... and the results from Deca aren't enough to justify those sides. I'm not introducing Tren until the end of January, so I will probably escalate the Test/EQ significantly.

Was going to mention a typical diet day. It varies a bit, but this is a typical low carb day. Moderate days have 2 more carb meals, and a bit more at each.

Wake up-6am

Intra- 7am
-8g EAA (32 cals)

Post- 9am
-8oz chicken, 4oz veggies, 1c rice (70p/50c/9f)

Lunch- 12pm
-8oz 93% Ground beef, 4oz veggies (66p/0c/21f)

Afternoon- 3pm
-8oz chicken, 4oz veggies (70p/0c/9f)

Dinner- 6pm
-1c egg whites, 1c 1% cottage cheese (49p/8c/10f)

Bed- 10pm
-2 scoops whey (50p/4c/2f)

Totals
313g protein
62g carbs
51g fats
1959 cals

There is probably another 100 incidental cals from sauces and such, but all the ones I use are very low cal. I try to eat my lightest meals of the day at the end so that I wake up with an empty stomach, because I don't enjoy taking a dump at the gym! haha

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws