over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

From high HGB and HTC to Iron Deficiency

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So for the last few years I have been on TRT dose of 125 a week only.
My RBC HGB and HTC was always high.
I was donating blood every 56 days for the last 2.5 years and my HGB was always in high 16 or 17 and HTC was in 52% +

Just had my yearly checkup and blood test and I was surprised that I am Iron deficient now and CBC came very low. I didn’t change anything, as a matter of fact I increased test to 400 a week to get ready for the summer vacation

RBC – 5.72 (range 4.10-5.70)
HGB – 13 (range 13-17)
HTC – 43.4 (range 39-51)
Platelets -234
MCV – 76fl (range 80-100) which is low

Iron – 54 (range 50-212)
TIBC – 463 (range 228-428) High
Ferritin – 5 (range 22-365) this is very low.

So I am not anemic yet, but if I continue I will be.

Everything else on blood test is perfect.

Not sure why suddenly everything dropped so low, all I changed in my diet is drinking Chamomile tea with honey every night and taking liver care.

over donating plain and simple. have fun trying to raise that ferritin number while keep H/H in check. best advice I would give is to check out Emeric's 10mg per day protocol and allow your body to correct itself and that will take some time.

Well the good news is you won't need to donate blood again anytime soon.

I'd get on ferrous sulfate right away to get that ferritin up. It's literally the only iron pill that actually works from my personal experience. Doesn't raise HCT/HG much either that I notice.

Yep thats what my cardiologist said too. To get on Ferrous sulfate, it will raise ferritin but not H/H much

Well the good news is you won't need to donate blood again anytime soon.

I'd get on ferrous sulfate right away to get that ferritin up. It's literally the only iron pill that actually works from my personal experience. Doesn't raise HCT/HG much either that I notice.

I had the exact opposite happen. Went from iron deficiency anemia to high H and H. This was a combination of iron/ferrous sulfate supplementation by my PCP and running gear. I went from upper 30's to 58 in less than 3 months. I am just now on the high side of normal and once I run a CBC I can bet my MVC MCHC etc show iron deficiency again. It's a pain :(

There is no need you donate your blood every 56 days, I donate my blood once a year, and I have a good health and strong body.

There is no need you donate your blood every 56 days, I donate my blood once a year, and I have a good health and strong body.

Everyone is different

When I was on higher dosages I would donate 5-6 times a year to stay where i wanted. Now that I have lowered my dose and eat red meat less often I find I need to supplement with iron or I get more tired after donating. And it would take a few weeks to get bake to normal.

Dad05 - curious, do you find yourself tired? Lack of appetite?

You mentioned you haven't changed your diet so I assume your consuming enough viatamin B enriched foods.

Factor in where you live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep thats what my cardiologist said too. To get on Ferrous sulfate, it will raise ferritin but not H/H much
Ferrous sulfate is BS, didn't do anything for my iron levels. I have an iron deficiency. Check out Bloodbuilder by Mega Foods. Its a natural supp and actually WORKS from my experience.

There seems to be a number of cases where guys are developing an iron deficiency donating too much. My HCT has risen before and it eventually just came back down. You want to track it every 3-6months and see before just constantly donating in my opinion.

Ferrous sulfate is BS, didn't do anything for my iron levels. I have an iron deficiency. Check out Bloodbuilder by Mega Foods. Its a natural supp and actually WORKS from my experience.

There seems to be a number of cases where guys are developing an iron deficiency donating too much. My HCT has risen before and it eventually just came back down. You want to track it every 3-6months and see before just constantly donating in my opinion.

Ferrous sulfate worked extremely well for me and FAST too

Dad05 - curious, do you find yourself tired? Lack of appetite?

You mentioned you haven't changed your diet so I assume your consuming enough viatamin B enriched foods.

Nope, not tired and no lack of appetite. Still pushing hard at the gym with cardio 5 days a week. Don't feel any different.

Diet hasn't been changed, can't really say that i am consuming enough Vit B, except thru multivit.

I end up doing a phlebotomy once every 3 months and that keep my hemoglobin between 15 and 15.8 or so. My iron is on the low end up I don't feel any sides either. The hematologist is fine with iron where it is, and in fact he told me that we had to get it lower like that in order to keep my hemoglobin down easier. For about 2 years I had to get monthly phlebotomies and my hemoglobin would get as high as 18 too in the beginning. It took almost 2 years to get iron down to where it needed to be. Now its just once every 3 months, so much better.

If I were you I would just wait 3 months and get checked again. You may not need one even then. Check every 3 months unless it starts to skyrocket again.

I'm on 100 mg/wk trt. It is strange how you don't change your eating habits or dosage and your blood changes so much almost suddenly. For me it was once a month like clockwork and then all of the sudden I didn't need it.

shieeeet , i have a phlem every 2 weeks, h&h keep steady at 51-52 and i lowered my trt down to 150 from 200 mlg per week, still feel like shit, and have 250 ml of blood taken every 2 weeks, so if iwere to give 500 every 2 weeks, id prolly have iron issues id guess as well? im on a phlem every 2 weeks and shit still doesnt budge, so i am asking for saline plus mag/potassium and the whole works to see if that changes my issue...

shieeeet , i have a phlem every 2 weeks, h&h keep steady at 51-52 and i lowered my trt down to 150 from 200 mlg per week, still feel like shit, and have 250 ml of blood taken every 2 weeks, so if iwere to give 500 every 2 weeks, id prolly have iron issues id guess as well? im on a phlem every 2 weeks and shit still doesnt budge, so i am asking for saline plus mag/potassium and the whole works to see if that changes my issue...

Maybe try the 10mg per day thing. Apparently, it knocked Kaladryn's down from 53 to 46 after 3 months. I just started it this week myself and added 2iu HGH to account for the possible muscle loss dropping down.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws